Guest viewing is limited

Best Ramen

Heart attack ramen aka Jiro Ramen.

10416935175_ac23dcb3da.jpg
isnt each ramen jirou different from each branch? Ive only been to one but this was what a friend told me.

Reactions: macdaddymeister
One etiquette of mine when trying out a new ramen shop is finish all the soup (unhealthy but F*CK it). Some shops have special bowls with writings on the bottom ... congratulating you for finishing your bowl or pumping up your ego ... 男だ ...

isnt each ramen jirou different from each branch? Ive only been to one but this was what a friend told me.

The style will be somewhat different because of personalisation of the owner ... but it will be always that raw in your face ramen that messes your senses up. All Jiro branch owners were arubaito at the main branch so they know their stuff.

I love the ramen at Golden Gai, I think it's called Nagi. The soup stock is uncommonly made from dried fish.

http://tabelog.com/tokyo/A1304/A130401/13054766/

Nagi is quite good. It has 2-3, I think, in Shinjuku. The other one is in Kabukicho a few meters from Jiro. This is my goto for niboshi based soup since 666 closed its doors.

I'll be soon in Japan (Yokohama) following a ramencourse for two months.
If anyone wants to show me some good places or wants to explore some together do let me know!

What is a ramen course?
It's basically a ramen school where I'll attend.

Or to quote from the site:
You'll master the unique Ramen skills that are not available at anywhere else, including how to cook various kinds of Ramen and dipping noodle, and toppings such as seasoned soft-boiled eggs and roast pork slices, as well as business management, which ensure you to serve Ramen consistently in the highest quality.

Reactions: Chocoballs
It's basically a ramen school where I'll attend.

Or to quote from the site:
You'll master the unique Ramen skills that are not available at anywhere else, including how to cook various kinds of Ramen and dipping noodle, and toppings such as seasoned soft-boiled eggs and roast pork slices, as well as business management, which ensure you to serve Ramen consistently in the highest quality.

That actually sounds great, I would like to read a review of how good was it once you finish it.

the jiro ramen is a little different from each brand... best one is akabane, worst is kabukicho (i think they closed anyway)... ive only been to kabukicho, akabane and meguro... and i still wonder why...

senrigan is apparently one of the most popular shops at the moment... strange that ive never bern there, since i eat ramen a lot...
maybe that will be my task for tomorrow^^