Guest viewing is limited

Bliss Out closed (successor TBD)

jackoffinthebox

Kirkland Brand Johnny Sins
Reaction score
Bliss Out had a sudden issue and has closed immediately as of 9/30.

My wife and I have been weekly regulars at bliss for about a year and we know the owner and staff pretty well.

The good news is that there might be a successor store in the works. Details will come in later and I will make sure to update this post when I find out.

Yesterday my wife and I tried some new bars as well but they either had strict tattoo policies (my wife has a large back piece) or were very strict for rules. If we find a good substitute for Bliss until the new shop is ready I will share my findings!

Last edited:
Copy of notice posted on their BBS.

1696124698566.png

Also posted before that...

1696124768416.png

Bliss Out had a sudden issue and has closed immediately as of 9/30.

My wife and I have been weekly regulars at bliss for about a year and we know the owner and staff pretty well.

The good news is that there might be a successor store in the works. Details will come in later and I will make sure to update this post when I find out.

Yesterday my wife and I tried some new bars as well but they either had strict tattoo policies (my wife has a large back piece) or were very strict for rules. If we find a good substitute for Bliss until the new shop is ready I will share my findings!
Thanks for the heads up and please keep us posted.
There are basically no other HB that allow people without Japanese health insurance, so this is very bad news for if I have visitor clients who want to try one.

It's definitely really sad, not even just the lack of health insurance but the general foreigner friendly environment will definitely be missed

Reactions: Gina
I know that other happening bars exist but not many will have an English speaking environment like Bliss Out so I too am trying to find an alternative

This weekends update.

My partner and I went to bar agreeable, a place where many blissout regulars go.

Health insurance card: required
Tattoos: ok (wife has her upper back covered)
Foreigner friendly: yes/no. I was totally fine to go in, but this place has tons of rules and explainations so unless your japanese is fairly good, they likely won't let you join.

Overall vibe /summary: the decor is like a high class roppongi bar, but with a curtained off playroom. Play outside the playroom is allowed, but there are rules about how to bring girls into the playroom. It wasn't anything to severe and there was plenty going on around us. I think the main problem I had was the general atmosphere of the people. It felt like people were there to hunt, not have fun. One of the reasons bliss out was our go to was the friendly atmosphere of the regulars and staff. This translated into just good hang out vibes. This bar was totally not that type. I can see some guys liking this place as a more pickup bar as there def was lots of people hooking up. But I wouldn't recommend for people not well versed in happening bars.

Overall report: not recommended, will not return.

Next week I'll be trying a new place and will post the results. I will probably do this until the blissout successor is made.

This place was on my list. What a pity they clsoed down. I hope the owner will be back in business with another club asap.
I'll be back in Tokyo for 10 nights in December, hoping to find similar places without strict rules and that accept single foreigner who not speak japanese. I'm used to visit swinger clubs in my country as a single man.
I'll start to study this section of the forum for try to learn more about these kind of places in Tokyo, any advice is well accepted.

@jackoffinthbox i'm going to be in tokyo week of the 23rd and want to check these places out. can i tag along with you?

This weekends update.

My partner and I went to bar agreeable, a place where many blissout regulars go.

Foreigner friendly: yes/no. I was totally fine to go in, but this place has tons of rules and explainations so unless your japanese is fairly good, they likely won't let you join.

Overall vibe /summary: the decor is like a high class roppongi bar, but with a curtained off playroom. Play outside the playroom is allowed, but there are rules about how to bring girls into the playroom. It wasn't anything to severe and there was plenty going on around us. I think the main problem I had was the general atmosphere of the people. It felt like people were there to hunt, not have fun. One of the reasons bliss out was our go to was the friendly atmosphere of the regulars and staff. This translated into just good hang out vibes. This bar was totally not that type. I can see some guys liking this place as a more pickup bar as there def was lots of people hooking up. But I wouldn't recommend for people not well versed in happening bars.

Next week I'll be trying a new place and will post the results. I will probably do this until the blissout successor is made.
Yeah, I tried to go here with someone who doesn’t have Japanese health insurance and it did not work out!

Funny about the “being on the hunt” thing though. I always felt like guys at Bliss Out were a bit too pushy to the girls. 9259 has the most friendly atmosphere imo.

But what I really want is just to find one HB where I can take visiting foreigners without the health insurance.
Not exactly the same thing, but from other reports I have heard that Olive21 could potentially accept a tourist without health insurance + no Japanese skill male and a female who is fluent in Japanese. Can anyone confirm? Some reports say the male has to speak Japanese and some don’t say that. Passport ok as identification?

Reactions: Cinnabums and Gina
Can anyone confirm? Some reports say the male has to speak Japanese and some don’t say that. Passport ok as identification?
The male really needs to be able to speak Japanese. The rule is intended that males make the agreements between couples, etc.
Females don't require ID's but males need to have one of the following: 運転免許証、健康保険証、パスポート (Driver's license (assume Japanese), health insurance card, passport)

This weekends update.

Great review. There's also Arabesque that allows foreigners, but has a higher japanese language requirement than Bliss Out

Reactions: Gina and Alice
The male really needs to be able to speak Japanese. The rule is intended that males make the agreements between couples, etc.
Females don't require ID's but males need to have one of the following: 運転免許証、健康保険証、パスポート (Driver's license (assume Japanese), health insurance card, passport)
Thank you! Very good information.

Reactions: Cinnabums and Gina