Business Cards

MossBoss

Hello
Reaction score
Anyone know of place which produces reasonable quality business cards?

Thanks in advance.

MossBoss

Reactions: AliceInWonderland
Anyone know of place which produces reasonable quality business cards?

Thanks in advance.

MossBoss

I've used this group in the past: http://www.mojoprint.jp/

I assume their service is still pretty good, but should be a decent option with good language support.

i used fedex kinkos when i made mine few years ago... i think price was 4500 for 200 or 250 cards, double sided... just bring your design and pick them up an hour later, or two...
tag managers link seems to be a little cheaper though and has more options... i might try them, since i also need new ones and just finished my design...

i used fedex kinkos when i made mine few years ago... i think price was 4500 for 200 or 250 cards, double sided... just bring your design and pick them up an hour later, or two...
tag managers link seems to be a little cheaper though and has more options... i might try them, since i also need new ones and just finished my design...

We found that group when looking for some custom print designs. At the time, we needed a design shop that had some English support.
The only drawback is that they're in Osaka but we didn't have any real issue sending design updates back and forth and getting the final product.

If you're looking for something more simple, maybe a local printer would be fine. I'd evaluate both based on the needs.

Reactions: MossBoss
yeah i just needed a printer and fedex was the cheapest i found... i dont remember if they had options for paper, since i prefer the cards to be thicker...
since i design everything myself, i didnt think about any design service... but good to know that there are design services, for people who dont know how to do it themselves, or people with ideas, but no creative skills...

These two print companies are my standbys:

http://www.graphic.jp/
(HUGE range of options regarding paper, etc and very good prices overall. They offer On Demand for quick turnarounds/small orders or Offset for larger orders. They also regularly run deals on smaller runs - right now you can get 50% off business cards if its for 100 or less - you can get 100 two-sided full color cards on decent stock for 970 yen if you're cool with a 7 day turnaround or 1210 yen for a 3 day turnaround)

http://www.printpac.co.jp/
(seems to run a bit cheaper than Graphic overall but less options and a bit more restrictive. My standby if I'm running something in a regular size and don't care too much about having a specific kind of paper. They have a really good web-based upload/data check system)

Both of those have free shipping for almost all orders too.

If I only need 50 or so copies of something or am in a real hurry I usually hit up Lithmatic (shops in Shinjuku, Kanda, etc). They have a couple dozen kinds of paper available for On Demand stuff and you can usually get your order the next day.

Last edited:
If you haven't gotten them yet, then I would suggest that you request a bilingual version for your business card.

Make sure that both the English and Japanese sides are correct.

Reactions: MossBoss
I've actually pondered having some business cards printed myself. I could leave them behind on the subway, Shinkansen, etc.
List my qualification as "Girlfriend-for-hire", add my website, and leave it at that... :)

I've actually pondered having some business cards printed myself. I could leave them behind on the subway, Shinkansen, etc.
List my qualification as "Girlfriend-for-hire", add my website, and leave it at that... :)

Now, I'm not sure about leaving them on trains.. :whistle:

But I have know some ladies use them to great effect in social meets, when hanging out at a hotel bar, the whole mystique of a woman slipping you a card and sashaying away..

From what I've seen they mostly just say a name and a website or say something like "Professional Muse"