Cafe Kirari with foreign phone number

If you can explain the 定員 how to call your phone number, it will be okay. After you write out the forms, they will immediately call that number in front of you. If the 定員 is stupid and lazy, he might refuse you. If I were you, go to the dogenzaka kirari, I heard one of the workers can speak a little English.

Reactions: AliceInWonderland
Ok, i will try that. What kind of questions are there in the forms? Is phone number the only thing they actually check?

Yes. When I first went, they made me fill out my name address and phone number. I put a fake name and fake address and even a fake phone number down. (I really don't want them to get my personal information)
The guy said "電話番号を確認します"
I said "え、 広告メールを送ると思ったから 他の番号を 使った"
Before he could call the fake number I proceeded to show him my number on the iPhone and he felt satisfied. After that you will receive a kirari card that awfully looks like an American Express card. I even made him chuckle when I told him this card is the new American Express card. After that he was walking out of his booth to explain me how the system works and such but before he could get around the corner I said
"いや それは 結構です。
The reason I was being an asshole was I didn't want to speak to him because I just lied to his face to protect my identity.
After that I walked through the dark grey curtain and the rest I firgued by watching all the older salaryman what they were doing in the room.
Sorry I gave out a detailed report, but I firgued maybe this information might help out the community who are eager to try out the kirari

Yes. When I first went, they made me fill out my name address and phone number. I put a fake name and fake address and even a fake phone number down. (I really don't want them to get my personal information)
The guy said "電話番号を確認します"
I said "え、 広告メールを送ると思ったから 他の番号を 使った"
Before he could call the fake number I proceeded to show him my number on the iPhone and he felt satisfied. After that you will receive a kirari card that awfully looks like an American Express card. I even made him chuckle when I told him this card is the new American Express card. After that he was walking out of his booth to explain me how the system works and such but before he could get around the corner I said
"いや それは 結構です。
The reason I was being an asshole was I didn't want to speak to him because I just lied to his face to protect my identity.
After that I walked through the dark grey curtain and the rest I firgued by watching all the older salaryman what they were doing in the room.
Sorry I gave out a detailed report, but I firgued maybe this information might help out the community who are eager to try out the kirari

Sounds like they are keen to get customers signed up. Do you think non-JPNese speakers could bluff their way in? Anyone tried?

Sounds like they are keen to get customers signed up. Do you think non-JPNese speakers could bluff their way in? Anyone tried?
There are some reports of failure but i think it all depends on the staff.
I once met someone in the cafe who said he didn't speak any Japanese, but most people on here report it didn't work for them if they couldn't soeak Japanese.
I'd recommend trying it if you are in the area and have some free time, and since they are located in the most active, major wards that should be possible sometimes. Just dont expect it too much.

Reactions: namae
There are some reports of failure but i think it all depends on the staff.
I once met someone in the cafe who said he didn't speak any Japanese, but most people on here report it didn't work for them if they couldn't soeak Japanese.
I'd recommend trying it if you are in the area and have some free time, and since they are located in the most active, major wards that should be possible sometimes. Just dont expect it too much.

Thanks Alice. Might try and visit when they are really slow at the reverse nampa joint - they may be more welcoming when they need some inventory.

It would be helpful if a cafe regular could post a copy of the registration form on TAG.

Reactions: AliceInWonderland