Guest viewing is limited

Charismatic Or Creepy:phrases Women Are Likely To Interpret Different Ways Based On Looks

roots reggae

Officially Unverified
Reaction score
From my favorite source of Japanese news, the article examines the same phrase uttered by a "hot" guy and a "geek" and reactions by women.

I'm sure it's not based on serious research, but is fun reading, nonetheless.

I beg you, this post was meant to be lighthearted, please don't use it to make contentious or divisive diatribes.

http://en.rocketnews24.com/2016/06/...-to-interpret-different-ways-based-on-looks/;)

please don't use it to make contentious or divisive diatribes.

Oh, we would never do that! I swear, scout's honour! ;)

But this is an old observation, isn't it. One friend back in the old country told me he was listening ladies in her office talk in the coffee room. One of them said something like X is just so creepy, he said A and B to me. My friend could not keep silent but inserted "but I thought Z says that kind of things all the time?" and one of the ladies burped "But he is so handsome!". :ROFLMAO:

I certainly agree that the same exact thing said by two different people can have nearly opposite effects. The difference, however, I think has much less to do with looks than with vibe and attitude. The presumption in all those comics (by the way you have to delete the smiley ; ) at the end of the link to make the link resolve properly) indicated especially in the otaku comics is the place the otaku is coming from is of clingy neediness, as if he is smitten with her because of lack of experience and opportunities. He's practically busting his nut in his pants just talking to her. The more attractive guy in this case is assumed to have more options and instead be choosing the girl because she's special rather than because she's the only female contact he has.

Often attractiveness is correlated with sexual experience and abundance of opportunity, but I know far too many classically "ugly" men who by their vibe alone can say the lines which would be considered "creepy" by, for example, a vapid male model.

Reactions: AliceInWonderland
thing is way more easy... when i go and try whatever i want to try with a girl who is not into me, of course that is unwanted (or maybe creepy), if someone she likes does exactly the same thing, shell be very happy about it...

I certainly agree that the same exact thing said by two different people can have nearly opposite effects. The difference, however, I think has much less to do with looks than with vibe and attitude. The presumption in all those comics (by the way you have to delete the smiley ; ) at the end of the link to make the link resolve properly) indicated especially in the otaku comics is the place the otaku is coming from is of clingy neediness, as if he is smitten with her because of lack of experience and opportunities. He's practically busting his nut in his pants just talking to her. The more attractive guy in this case is assumed to have more options and instead be choosing the girl because she's special rather than because she's the only female contact he has.

Often attractiveness is correlated with sexual experience and abundance of opportunity, but I know far too many classically "ugly" men who by their vibe alone can say the lines which would be considered "creepy" by, for example, a vapid male model.

Sorry, the smiley was unintended-still getting used to typing on the new iPod, too late to delete, but thanks.

Reactions: DireWolf98

I strongly agree with this.
And i would also argue that it's the same with unattractive and attractive women.

Men always try to make women look superficial but it's really a two ways street.

... (snip) ...

Men always try to make women look superficial but it's really a two ways street.
"Always" is a very strong word. It's case-by-case :) I meet a lot of women in business situations and I (along with other guys) keep it professional. Of course, in the litigious U.S., one has to be careful about saying anything that might be misinterpreted.

Imo, men need bow to no one in the tendency to be superficial. Many of us are more interested in the shape or size of individual body parts than in anything else about a woman.

-Ww
I understand and appreciate the message that you are trying to convey.

However, is it superficial to have preferences? As I have mentioned before, I like the Grateful Dead, craft beer and certain contact sports. That doesn't I have a closed mind about other pursuits. I don't like these things to be poser.

As far as what I find attractive in a woman, without opening a can of worms, I'll say that my priorities veer toward slenderness, intelligence and confidence. Other qualities are icing on the cake.

I have been in situations (and I know other guys with similar experiences) where I have had my breath taken away by a charismatic woman who didn't initially appear on my radar. That's where personality can be The Great Equalizer.

On the other side of the coin, I have been told in numerous situations (some stories could be shared in separate threads) that "You're not my type" or "I am not ready for another relationship." If things don't click, they don't click.

From my favorite source of Japanese news, the article examines the same phrase uttered by a "hot" guy and a "geek" and reactions by women.

I'm sure it's not based on serious research, but is fun reading, nonetheless.

I beg you, this post was meant to be lighthearted, please don't use it to make contentious or divisive diatribes.

http://en.rocketnews24.com/2016/06/...-to-interpret-different-ways-based-on-looks/;)
Sorry, page not found.

I guess that the video has been taken down ...

I say it is a combination of two things 1) confidence of the woman and 2) delivery of the lines.

The average woman can not handle overly sexual vibes. They don't have the confidence to handle it unless they are turned on already.

The delivery can make a guy needy. Being needy is no attractive. It is a burden and they don't want it.

However, is it superficial to have preferences?

No, of course not, but some preferences are superficial. The word "superficial" means something that is apparent and obvious but not deep, important or highly meaningful.

As I have mentioned before, I like the Grateful Dead, craft beer and certain contact sports. That doesn't I have a closed mind about other pursuits. I don't like these things to be poser.

"Superficial" does not mean closed minded; it is a different issue entirely. For example, if you liked the Grateful Dead because you think it is a cool name for a band (and it is, of course), that might be considered superficial, but if you like the Dead because of their music, that would not be considered superficial by any reasonable standards.

Important note - I don't like the Dead; I love them. Beyond great.

As far as what I find attractive in a woman, without opening a can of worms, I'll say that my priorities veer toward slenderness, intelligence and confidence.

Slenderness might be considered a superficial preference, but few would call liking intelligence and confidence superficial.

I don't think we have any major disagreements here; we never do in the end as far as I can recall.

-Ww

Reactions: DireWolf98
Reading the title all I could think of was that song that has the lyrics "if i said you had a beautiful body would you hold it against me", which if delivered by someone with my physical appearance would produce either gales of laughter, dry retching, or physical violence against me.

That scene in top gun where they sing "You've lost that loving feeling" looks just plain stupid in real life. I've seen guys try it.