Chikan (Molestation) Experiences on Crowded Trains

In Japan I have always been fortunate enough to be able to walk, drive or have a train commute against the flow. On the occasional times I have been on crazily crowded trains, I always ensure I have both hands on handrails or the roof of the train to avoid any misunderstandings. Returning from clubs on the first train I've had quite a few girls fall asleep on me. I tend to be at one with the world post-clubbing so it's never bothered me, happy to support. Mostly they woke and left the train before my stop, but a couple of times I gently manoeuvred their heads onto the sleeping person on the otherside before I got off, the other person never woke!

Only serious reverse chikan I ever experienced was in London, 15 years ago. Out drinking with a Catalan friend, we went through until 3 or 4, I crashed on his floor for a couple of hours but needed to cross the city to get back to a different friend's place and pick up my stuff before heading to Heathrow to catch my flight. Would have been 7 a.m. or so, tube was full, but not Japan-style packed. A very cute, sharply dressed (banker if I had to guess) moved in front of me. This was weird because I had not showered and I am fairly sure I stank of smoke and alcohol. Next stop more people get on and she manoeuvres closer to me where she's (intentionally) pushing against me with her breasts. I am probably still drunk, barely slept and my brain cannot compute...then she starts, very slowly, rubbing up and down, up and down (gentle movements of about 10 cms). I cannot believe this is happening, I am completely frozen...it just does not make sense, she's hot and she's rubbing against a guy who smells like an ashtray and a brewery...my brain speed is so slow I cannot think of what to do or say. Her face remains completely neutral, not angry, not happy, just staring into the middle-distance despite the fact she bobbing, up and down, inches from my face. My stop. I cough an "excuse me" and get off the the train. She now looks seriously annoyed. Completely weird. I haven't thought of this incident for a while and I can no longer picture her face exactly. She was wearing Jean-Paul Gaultier perfume though. A very close friend also did at the time. Every time I used to meet her (my friend) I used to get flashbacks. I never decided what I should have done differently, but a) I don't think that physically or mentally I coud have done anything differently b) sometimes the memory is better unsullied by the reality of would have prevailed if I had done something. Honestly, it's just a bizarre but happy memory these days! @RIDER 00 thanks for starting this thread and reminding me!

In Japan I have always been fortunate enough to be able to walk, drive or have a train commute against the flow. On the occasional times I have been on crazily crowded trains, I always ensure I have both hands on handrails or the roof of the train to avoid any misunderstandings. Returning from clubs on the first train I've had quite a few girls fall asleep on me. I tend to be at one with the world post-clubbing so it's never bothered me, happy to support. Mostly they woke and left the train before my stop, but a couple of times I gently manoeuvred their heads onto the sleeping person on the otherside before I got off, the other person never woke!

Only serious reverse chikan I ever experienced was in London, 15 years ago. Out drinking with a Catalan friend, we went through until 3 or 4, I crashed on his floor for a couple of hours but needed to cross the city to get back to a different friend's place and pick up my stuff before heading to Heathrow to catch my flight. Would have been 7 a.m. or so, tube was full, but not Japan-style packed. A very cute, sharply dressed (banker if I had to guess) moved in front of me. This was weird because I had not showered and I am fairly sure I stank of smoke and alcohol. Next stop more people get on and she manoeuvres closer to me where she's (intentionally) pushing against me with her breasts. I am probably still drunk, barely slept and my brain cannot compute...then she starts, very slowly, rubbing up and down, up and down (gentle movements of about 10 cms). I cannot believe this is happening, I am completely frozen...it just does not make sense, she's hot and she's rubbing against a guy who smells like an ashtray and a brewery...my brain speed is so slow I cannot think of what to do or say. Her face remains completely neutral, not angry, not happy, just staring into the middle-distance despite the fact she bobbing, up and down, inches from my face. My stop. I cough an "excuse me" and get off the the train. She now looks seriously annoyed. Completely weird. I haven't thought of this incident for a while and I can no longer picture her face exactly. She was wearing Jean-Paul Gaultier perfume though. A very close friend also did at the time. Every time I used to meet her (my friend) I used to get flashbacks. I never decided what I should have done differently, but a) I don't think that physically or mentally I coud have done anything differently b) sometimes the memory is better unsullied by the reality of would have prevailed if I had done something. Honestly, it's just a bizarre but happy memory these days! @RIDER 00 thanks for starting this thread and reminding me!
If she got annoyed when you got off, she may have wanted to take thing further by getting off somewhere together (pun intended) or getting your contact information or something. As girls are not expected to nampa men, she could have used the boob rubbing as a way of flirting.

This is pretty much the minimum level girls have to do in order for me to get a hint they are flirting with me.

LOL ain’t that the truth! Especially in Japan. It’s such a breath of fresh air when you run across a foreign girl with good eye contact skills.

If she got annoyed when you got off, she may have wanted to take thing further by getting off somewhere together (pun intended) or getting your contact information or something. As girls are not expected to nampa men, she could have used the boob rubbing as a way of flirting.
Yes - of course - I had to assume that was her intention, but I also had to assume she could have picked a cleaner, more suitable target! As it was, logistics (flight) meant nothing could happen and I wasn't returning to London for months. I also wouldn't have been comfortable giving her my company meishi which would have been the only option (no pen or paper) - as I do suspect she was 50 shades of crazy - not that there's anything particularly wrong with that!

I must also confess that I have similar levels of awareness as @MikeH when it comes to reverse nampa...I'll share my two most ridiculous incidences of that if derailing the thread is ok ;)

Happy to say I've lived almost a decade in Tokyo, much of which has been unsullied by the sardine can commuter experience, I haven't even had a commuter pass since about 2014.

Also happy to say that during those periods where I have had to get up real close with my fellow commuters, have had at least two incidents of suspected "reverse chikan", though one of them had the "alert crazy bitch" alarm going off.

There was also this one time on the Yamanote Line (outside of the rush hour, which is a much better time to commute) where I saw this young lady stood between two cars with a skimpy top desperately trying to keep her rather ample assets from falling out, but as I had some actual work to do and didn't want to end up in the background of any shots to be immortalized on the internet for all time, I was unable to investigate further.

Otherwise it's been mainly acts of gallantry involving me holding a whole car of commuters back to prevent some small thing being crushed against the doors.

Reactions: Unhurried Harry