Guest viewing is limited

Christmas Date Suggestions?

eman

TAG Member
Reaction score
First off, I suppose I'll start with a proper introduction (I have yet to do so!)
I've been lurking these threads for about a year and they have provided me with some very useful information and amusing stories. Seriously, thank you to everyone that's contributed to this community! I may be quiet and haven't really participated but it's all been super helpful!

Now onto the topic at hand. Basically, I'm trying to find some place to reserve for Christmas and I was wondering if you guys (or ladies) had any suggestions. I recently got into a relationship so I haven't really thought about that stuff until now. I also heard that a lot of places get booked early but I'm not sure how early. Better late than never I guess?

To give an idea of the sort of place I'm looking for, this is kind of what I'd like:
-It will be for dinnertime (could be meal or maybe just a nice bar)
-a place with a nice view (preferably a tall building)
-under 10,000yen if possible (a little over is ok but cheaper is always better)

First time doing (Japanese) Christmas in Tokyo so I'm not sure what locations would be good. Any suggestions are appreciated! Thanks!

-under 10,000yen if possible (a little over is ok but cheaper is always better)

For your requirements, at this price and more than one person, it will be almost impossible. Those places with a nice view and good food will always be a bit pricey.

For a nice bar with really nice view, I recommend the bar situated alongside the New York Grill at the Park Hyatt in Shinjuku. When there's no table charge, you could go there and enjoy a few drinks for less than 10,000 yen. They usually have a live singer too, but the view on a clear night is a perfect backdrop.

The bar at the ANA Intercontinental Hotel just down from Roppongi, has a decent view as well but I much more prefer the Park Hyatt.

There are some others, but they automatically will shoot above 10,000 yen.

Maybe you should go for a more budget controlled dinner and then hit the bar afterwards.

Reactions: vargas
Definitely second the NY Bar at the Park Hyatt, gorgeous core, great drinks and great food! No table charge if you leave before 8pm when the live jazz starts. Can probably get 2 cocktails each and a couple of small bites for your budget. Careful though, I did recently spend ¥40k on drinks and a few snacks for 2 haha.

Another amazing and more convenient spot is the rooftop bar at the Andaz, more convenient location and great drinks. Restaurant wise Xex Atago Hills is nearby and has great atmosphere and views.