Guest viewing is limited

Christmas Eve-only Boyfriend?

I'd only appreciate a one-day boyfriend on Valentines Day.. definitely don't need one on Christmas Eve. Maybe I'll go to Tochigi prefecture to spend my Saturday with some alpacas though.

Don't they have a bad habit of spitting on people, like llamas and camels?

News Years Eve is the worst holiday to be alone on if you ask me. Especially if you go to a big party, and then everyone starts pairing off to kiss at midnight. I've never had a really good kiss at midnight on New Year's Eve.

One year I went to NYC by myself to watch the ball drop in Times Square. I've never felt more lonely standing amid of sea of happy people.

The next year I started dating a girl in November just to avoid being alone on NYE. I took her to a stretch of empty beach in New Jersey and built a campfire and it turned into the worst idea I had ever had.

I put a lot of effort into it too, well sort of, turns out I didn't do enough homework. Two days before, I got firewood and stashed it in the sand dunes, I borrowed some chairs, had blankets and some food, champagne, even a thermos of hot coffee, I had a little radio for music. The weather was supposed to be fairly mild that night, not windy.

At about 10:30pm a police helicopter circled us a few times, we waved at it and it went away. About an hour later a park ranger shows up, and makes us leave.

I tried to smooth talk him, but he assured me that he was already giving me a break by not impounding my SUV and writing me a summons for trespassing in a protected wildlife area.

So that was that, except my "girlfriend" started giving crap about not going to a swanky party that we had been invited too. Midnight struck while we were on the Garden State Turnpike, so I didn't get a kiss. We were done seeing each other before Valentines Day rolled around.

Meh, maybe spending New Years Eve with a spitting alpaca might not be that bad?

Don't they have a bad habit of spitting on people, like llamas and camels?

News Years Eve is the worst holiday to be alone on if you ask me. Especially if you go to a big party, and then everyone starts pairing off to kiss at midnight. I've never had a really good kiss at midnight on New Year's Eve.

One year I went to NYC by myself to watch the ball drop in Times Square. I've never felt more lonely standing amid of sea of happy people.

The next year I started dating a girl in November just to avoid being alone on NYE. I took her to a stretch of empty beach in New Jersey and built a campfire and it turned into the worst idea I had ever had.

I put a lot of effort into it too, well sort of, turns out I didn't do enough homework. Two days before, I got firewood and stashed it in the sand dunes, I borrowed some chairs, had blankets and some food, champagne, even a thermos of hot coffee, I had a little radio for music. The weather was supposed to be fairly mild that night, not windy.

At about 10:30pm a police helicopter circled us a few times, we waved at it and it went away. About an hour later a park ranger shows up, and makes us leave.

I tried to smooth talk him, but he assured me that he was already giving me a break by not impounding my SUV and writing me a summons for trespassing in a protected wildlife area.

So that was that, except my "girlfriend" started giving crap about not going to a swanky party that we had been invited too. Midnight struck while we were on the Garden State Turnpike, so I didn't get a kiss. We were done seeing each other before Valentines Day rolled around.

Meh, maybe spending New Years Eve with a spitting alpaca might not be that bad?
I'm half Peruvian. I love alpacas. Besides, I just don't think Christmas and New Years are romantic events.. they're more like family events to me.

I'm half Peruvian. I love alpacas. Besides, I just don't think Christmas and New Years are romantic events.. they're more like family events to me.

Outside Japan, Christmas is definitely a "family" oriented holiday season.. whereas strangely there it appears to be considered a romantic holiday?

This is a fun idea though.. if I ever find myself stuck in Japan for Christmas Eve, I'd consider offering myself up to be "boyfriend for a day" to try it out! Sounds fun! :cool:

Outside Japan, Christmas is definitely a "family" oriented holiday season.. whereas strangely there it appears to be considered a romantic holiday?

This is a fun idea though.. if I ever find myself stuck in Japan for Christmas Eve, I'd consider offering myself up to be "boyfriend for a day" to try it out! Sounds fun! :cool:

It is like that in most Asian countries because of the Christian component is missing and it tends to be more of a sweethearts day or a commercial/consumerism type of event.

Solve the riddle of why Santa Claus always has a saxophone in China. It's true, they always depict him with a saxophone.

I read a WSJ article that claimed it has something to do with Bill Clinton, but I don't know.

I wouldn't mind making some sweeties dream cum.......err......come true

From a PUA point, if you're a guy in Japan on Christmas Eve, hit up Tsutaya in the romance movie section. Chances are girls that are there and alone are single and wishing they had someone to spend Christmas Eve with.

"Christmas Eve Boyfriend rental." Sounds profitable. :sneaky:

Btw, I definitely messed up. To make it short, I made plans with my lady on the 23rd. Just dinner and a LH dealy. She had said that she had plans on the 25th, so I assumed that the 23rd was gonna be our "Christmas" celebration, so I made plans with a buddy on the 24th. Come the morning of the 24th, she asked me what we were gonna do. I told her I actually made plans. She got incredibly upset.

I had NO idea the 24th was more important than the 25th here. Lesson learned. :banghead:

I had NO idea the 24th was more important than the 25th here. Lesson learned. :banghead:

Just saw a skit by a girl comedy duo on TV. Their whole act was based on the fact that the side-girl gets to meet the guy only on 25th as the main girl is taking the Christmas Eve for herself :p.

From a PUA point, if you're a guy in Japan on Christmas Eve, hit up Tsutaya in the romance movie section. Chances are girls that are there and alone are single and wishing they had someone to spend Christmas Eve with.
Hmmm interesting insight...