Club Max : Was sent away after being asked if I was a foreigner

CJ_W

TAG Member
Reaction score
I went out to go Ikebukuro Max after seeing so many reviews...

I talked to the staff guy and told him that it was my first time there and I didn't have an appointment, a few other Japanese customers came in and were called, then when I was alone, the staff person asked if I was a foreigner, and once I said yes he politely sent me away.

Thoughts:

If anyone is doing a soapland, especially for the first time, ALWAYS reserve period. In fact, I would just say, always reserve. . .always. In my opinion it probably gives the staff less of a reason to turn you away.

So I went on a Saturday, during mid-day

Yeah, don't do this either. That was stupid. I should have known better, but my little head overruled my big head(and I had been feeling pretty down lately, as this week sucked for me) and I went at a convenient time for ME, not when business would be slow and the manager would be happy to add some extra money to the company's coffers. If you really want to get service, Go on a MONDAY MORNING, like EARLY! They open at 6am ffs. Sometimes I really do feel like slapping myself for not planning ahead. Feeling lonely and horny is a bad combination, it would have been better to go to a sento or something and go to bed early. Also a lot of shops are probably using the new corona variant as an excuse to turn unwanted customers away. Meaning I was being TRIPLE stupid.

That being said, I will not be returning to that shop, nor can I in good faith recommend it for others. While yes, the onus is really on me for not reserving, or choosing dead times, it still sucks that I kind have to do that so I don't have other Japanese guys see me. That and I still feel insulted. I know that's the name of the game, but it doesn't mean I have to like it.

Anyway. Always remember: RESERVE! like. . .hell do it a week in advance. I'll probably go back to Heart and Heart and just become a regular there, their service is really good.(I'll make a report about that soon)

Reserve in advance. Always.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: leducul
ok, no problem. Thank you for putting it in the right place.
No worries, still good information and a valid experience report despite not meeting anyone and getting the actual service.

Cheers.

I wonder how much of a "dirty" trick it is to book through phone without explicitly mentioning you're a foreigner.
I can't really pull that yet, as my accent is not good enough. But I could imagine someone asking a Japanese friend to book and then that sounds like deception.
Last time I successfully booked, as I used the name "John" I assumed it was well understood, however when the girl arrived she was completely surprised, but ok with it.

I wonder how much of a "dirty" trick it is to book through phone without explicitly mentioning you're a foreigner.
I can't really pull that yet, as my accent is not good enough. But I could imagine someone asking a Japanese friend to book and then that sounds like deception.
Last time I successfully booked, as I used the name "John" I assumed it was well understood, however when the girl arrived she was completely surprised, but ok with it.
You can still get rejected or switched to another girl. I wouldn't try and play them like that. Better to be up front.

Japanese people use fake names as well. Once, a girl I met was surprised I was a foreigner despite giving a foreign name. Her first instinct was to assume that a Japanese person had reserved using an anime character name or something like that

Reactions: leducul

I almost never bring that up. Still never had a bad reaction from the girls, not even when they end up sending some random girl who don't have "OK with foreigners" in her profile. Once after the session I asked one girl and she did not even know she was marked like that.

I went out to go Ikebukuro Max after seeing so many reviews...

I talked to the staff guy and told him that it was my first time there and I didn't have an appointment, a few other Japanese customers came in and were called, then when I was alone, the staff person asked if I was a foreigner, and once I said yes he politely sent me away.

Thoughts:

If anyone is doing a soapland, especially for the first time, ALWAYS reserve period. In fact, I would just say, always reserve. . .always. In my opinion it probably gives the staff less of a reason to turn you away.

So I went on a Saturday, during mid-day

Yeah, don't do this either. That was stupid. I should have known better, but my little head overruled my big head(and I had been feeling pretty down lately, as this week sucked for me) and I went at a convenient time for ME, not when business would be slow and the manager would be happy to add some extra money to the company's coffers. If you really want to get service, Go on a MONDAY MORNING, like EARLY! They open at 6am ffs. Sometimes I really do feel like slapping myself for not planning ahead. Feeling lonely and horny is a bad combination, it would have been better to go to a sento or something and go to bed early. Also a lot of shops are probably using the new corona variant as an excuse to turn unwanted customers away. Meaning I was being TRIPLE stupid.

That being said, I will not be returning to that shop, nor can I in good faith recommend it for others. While yes, the onus is really on me for not reserving, or choosing dead times, it still sucks that I kind have to do that so I don't have other Japanese guys see me. That and I still feel insulted. I know that's the name of the game, but it doesn't mean I have to like it.

Anyway. Always remember: RESERVE! like. . .hell do it a week in advance. I'll probably go back to Heart and Heart and just become a regular there, their service is really good.(I'll make a report about that soon)

Reserve in advance. Always.
Sounds like you’re beating yourself up for no reason. Getting rejected for gaijinness sucks, but it is part of the lifestyle.
Take your money elsewhere.

Just to be clear - you weren't sent away because you are a foreigner.

You were sent away because there were no girls available who would service foreigners. It's a busy establishment, you're better off to make a reservation.