Clubs, bars

coconutwater

TAG Member
Reaction score
Just wondering, are any clubs open normally rn in tokyo? Where do people drink nowadays during state of emergency

im still in quarantine since i got here a few days ago. lol i would like to know, so when those 2 weeks are up im ready to go!

Just wondering, are any clubs open normally rn in tokyo? Where do people drink nowadays during state of emergency

At home or at park. Alcohol is not allowed to be served in restaurants until 20th of June.

Really? Aren’t hubs open till 8, never heard about alcohol restriction. I also see all biggest clubs in Tokyo posting story’s of some events

I had a beer in a restaurant at lunch today. im such a gangsta

If by lunch you mean after you staggered out of the last train and by restaurant you mean the local ramen hole then I had the same beer yesterday.

Though it is debatable if it was served or just pushed in front of me.

Really? Aren’t hubs open till 8, never heard about alcohol restriction. I also see all biggest clubs in Tokyo posting story’s of some events

Really. Hubs closed on April 25th.

Baird Brewing locations are open and serving. Not exactly a club atmosphere though, I’m afraid.

How about clubs ? Jumanji seems to be open based on their Instagram ( hope better options are open as well)

My understanding of the situation is that anywhere that is licensed to sell alcohol can still do it, but they cant then claim any financial assistance from the government, and they cant have one of those nice covid-19’rainbow stickers in the window.

My understanding of the situation is that anywhere that is licensed to sell alcohol can still do it, but they cant then claim any financial assistance from the government, and they cant have one of those nice covid-19’rainbow stickers in the window.
And they can get a 300,000 fine for each time they're caught violating the SOE guidelines.

For some venues, this is less of a dent in their day to day income than closing would be.

And they can get a 300,000 fine for each time they're caught violating the SOE guidelines.

For some venues, this is less of a dent in their day to day income than closing would be.
So even places that arent claiming money can get fined if they serve alcohol?

So even places that arent claiming money can get fined if they serve alcohol?

Yes. And the fines are small enough to not significantly impact large places, while being crippling for small businesses.

If they'd really wanted to make in impact, 10,000 yen multiplied by capacity would have done it. My local would have faced a 300K fine... Beer Station in Ebisu would have faced a 5 million yen fine.

Edit: 300,000 yen every time they're caught not complying in a SOE, 200,000 yen in a limited SOE.

Last edited:
Yes. And the fines are small enough to not significantly impact large places, while being crippling for small businesses.

If they'd really wanted to make in impact, 10,000 yen multiplied by capacity would have done it. My local would have faced a 300K fine... Beer Station in Ebisu would have faced a 5 million yen fine.
Shit, i didnt know that. Need to delete some social media stuff now. Dont want my local indian going out of business just for supporting my alcoholism.

Reactions: Sudsy
At home or at park. Alcohol is not allowed to be served in restaurants until 20th of June.
WRONG! Multiple places open. Not all mind you but I know quite a few,

Reactions: MikeH
WRONG! Multiple places open. Not all mind you but I know quite a few,

Well, nobody here is doubting your ability to smell alcohol wherever it's been sold. The places I visit do sell alcohol even now, but I meant no honourable establishment targeting decent people does.

Well, nobody here is doubting your ability to smell alcohol wherever it's been sold. The places I visit do sell alcohol even now, but I meant no honourable establishment targeting decent people does.
You should have been more specific.......:p

Reactions: MikeH
Baird Brewing locations are open and serving. Not exactly a club atmosphere though, I’m afraid.
I can easily drink half a dozen 生中 and be able to operate heavy machinery, but give me 3 rising suns from BB and I need a taxi home.