Condom thickness, 65 Microns safe and, enjoyable?

Taylorjp

TAG Member
Reaction score
Recently my regular standby condoms had been disrupted by a company merger and shipping policy change. So, now I'm thrust back into fray. Thought I'd ask the punter pundits here what they think about 65 micron(thickness) condoms, rather than sift through all the marketing bullshit. Will this feel pretty good or like fucking the pocket of a raincoat? Considering it's a safe, standard fit and not stretched to the max, is that thickness pretty worry free of tearing? Does it vary much with brands?

Last edited:
Recently my regular standby condoms had been disrupted by a company merger and shipping policy change. So, now I'm thrust back into fray. Thought I'd ask the punter pundits here what they think about 65 micron(thickness) condoms, rather than sift through all the marketing bullshit. Will this feel pretty good or like fucking the pocket of a raincoat? Considering it's a safe, standard fit and not stretched to the max, is that thickness pretty worry free of tearing? Does it vary much with brands?

I believe that's about the standard thickness for most ordinary condom brands, but I think the tear risk factor has much more to do with brand, quality, age and of course fit. I'm 100% ethnically Japanese, so that means that unless I grew up in Hiroshima or next to a nuclear reactor I never needed to worry about being too big for a condom (although Japanese condoms are just a tad tight on me) and from age 16 I used Trojan Gold standard thickness with not a single incident, ever. But as I got older and dabbled with some of the thinner condoms, like the Okamoto 003, I do think that you're definitely losing some feeling with standard thickness.

I toyed with the super thin Japanese condoms for a bit, like the Okamoto 001, but those things were fucking pain to put on so I avoided them for years. Then, just last year, I was in Japan and in a jam before getting back to the hotel with the other half and ended up buying those expensive Sagami 001s from a small pharmacy. I must say, those are surprisingly good condoms. None of the fifteen or so I used broke or had any issues, but still, if it were a P4P situation, I'd probably transition back to the reliable Okamoto 003.

If you're out mongering, always best to err on the side of caution and go with something you've used extensively and trust won't give you any problems.