Condoms?

DrifterInKanto

TAG Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

I've been lurking for a little bit, and came up with a question I need answered. This is my second trip to japan, and on my last trip I had an incident with a japanese condom - It clearly wasn't designed for me and broke almost immediately - it was a miracle I got it on in the first place. Anyways, that being said, I need to know what to look for in order to get a proper condom. I'm not banking on sex this time but it's important to have just in case.

Also, where's the best place to get better condoms in Tokyo? I was thinking for the fun of it I'd got to the massive adult toy store in Akihabara.

Thank you.

Or bring your own that you know will fit... latex and non-latex and some have latex allergies.

Reactions: Simonka
Ah the Humble Brag...and I am proud to say I've never had a problem putting on a japanese condom...sigh...
Well... it can be a hassle when you’re up for spontaneous fun and then find that the supplied condoms don’t fit... it’s better if you can fit the sizes that are readily available :)

I do carry my own when there’s a plan for some fun. (y) Or, my partner is like “oh, you were expecting something tonight? :p

Hey all,

I've been lurking for a little bit, and came up with a question I need answered. This is my second trip to japan, and on my last trip I had an incident with a japanese condom - It clearly wasn't designed for me and broke almost immediately - it was a miracle I got it on in the first place. Anyways, that being said, I need to know what to look for in order to get a proper condom. I'm not banking on sex this time but it's important to have just in case.

Also, where's the best place to get better condoms in Tokyo? I was thinking for the fun of it I'd got to the massive adult toy store in Akihabara.

Thank you.

You are supposed to roll them on.... not stretch them out til they break.... also you know it is on fully, when you see the serial numbers once unrolled completely... :D Go to Don Quixote... look for the ones with Elephant.... that should do the trick for you... or maybe not... :p

Or, my partner is like “oh, you were expecting something tonight? :p

To which the correct answer is "nope, but I get so few chances that I have sworn not to let any of them slip away and that's why I carry at all times".

Having said that the only time in recent history when I actually got surprise sex was when I was just dropping outside with my short pants, t-shirt and flip flops and obviously no wallet nor condoms. :cry:

Reactions: Negi77 and Sudsy
Having said that the only time in recent history when I actually got surprise sex was when I was just dropping outside with my short pants, t-shirt and flip flops and obviously no wallet nor condoms. :cry:
Sounds like a hell of a story. haha...

Reactions: Negi77
I'm decidedly average and some 'large' condoms felt like a tourniquet more than anything else.

There are lots of sex shops in Japan that sell overseas made condoms that should fit, you just need to go to one of them and buy them, or come prepared and bring your own.

The American Pharmacy used to sell large size [Redacted #91] condoms: the best of both worlds.

I think their current location is in Marunouchi, very close to Tokyo Station.

It’s definitely worth a shot.

Reactions: AliceInWonderland
Just go to a donki or drugstore with a decent selection and pick the XL types (not the regular L).

Until you find out that all the Japanese ones basically have the same girth regardless if it says L or XXXXL in the box, which is meant for marketing and preservation of male ego anyway. :eek::D

But happy to hear they fit for you. :p

I think the XL ones are at least a bit stretchier, though maybe not enough for everyone.
There definitely seems to be a difference in stretch, especially the thin ones are very inflexible.

Reactions: MikeH and Simonka
Until you find out that all the Japanese ones basically have the same girth regardless if it says L or XXXXL in the box, which is meant for marketing and preservation of male ego anyway. :eek::D

But happy to hear they fit for you. :p
The larger size condoms that I used to buy at American Pharmacy definitely fit me. They are awesome because they are ultra thin and non-latex. I definitely can’t use regular-sized Japanese condoms.

Reactions: AliceInWonderland
I've never had a problem putting on a japanese condom...

Me neither :D
Problem occurs for me when a guy is *too* large.. I prefer small or average, they’re more pleasurable in all positions.

I go get mine from Don Quixote.

Last edited:
Problem occurs for me when a guy is *too* large.. I prefer small or average, they’re more pleasurable in all positions.

You know you now managed to get everyone in TAG sad? Well, except Frenchy, as every other guy in the world is humongous.

At least if you ask themselves.