Guest viewing is limited

Cross Season, Shinjuku Happening Bar

Solong

TAG Member
Reaction score
Rating: 3 stars out of 5

Club is a bit borderline. Might be worth a look, for those swingers looking for or trying different places.

Good points:

1) Lots of lingerie, costumes, and interesting toys.

Has some unusual items not found at other happening bars.

2) Will allow foreigners

But, they will check if you speak Japanese and may not allow you to join if the foreigner speaks no Japanese at all.

3) Tends to have Japanese swingers friendly to foreigners and LESS racism than other clubs.

Why this is so, is very interesting. It might be because the women who come don't feel compelled to show or demonstrate racism to comfort some insecure Japanese male customers, it isn't a "hidden" rule (to be against foreigners) of the club or a group, or the owner thinks differently.

4) Can be good for inviting swinger friends or swinger parties.

5) Action does happen

However unpredictable and random.

6) Besides the playroom, they have a partially hidden couch area/room, but as a small place this requires being more brave.

7) "Young-ish" mama-san (age relative to mama-sans) tries to create a playful atmosphere.

But this is plus and minus, hit or miss. Can work to make a more party mood and encourage action or make some feel uncomfortable.

8) Has existed for 9 years

Bad points:

1) Tries to get ID, address, and phone number

This is a bad habit of some happening bars, where they want way too much information, and it scares people, particularly female guests.

Advise foreigners to bring passport, so you can give anything for phone or address, as if a tourist.

2) Place is smallish and messy

Takes a significant hit in it's rating for this. This is why I wouldn't recommend for a new non-swinger lady, as she may get a bit put off by the appearance of the club. Other happening bars like Bliss, Retreat, and Arabesque all look better in appearance and more like regular bars.

3) "Young-ish" mama-san tends to ask way too many personal questions

This is a plus and minus. She appears to mean well, but can make some people uncomfortable.

Website

http://cross-season.com/top.html

Behind the well-known disco/club called Tokyo Loose and next to the iijima hotel.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wwanderer
Thanks for another very useful and informative HB "briefing"...much appreciated.

I do have one question. This

Tends to have Japanese swingers friendly to foreigners and LESS racism than other clubs.

is obviously a very important point. So I wonder on how much "data" you base the assertion. In other words, how many times have you been there, how many Japanese patrons have you interacted with and so forth? My experience is that the degree of interest in getting it on with foreigners among the Japanese people present varies tremendously from time-to-time at a given HB, so it would be easy to get an invalid impression by happening to be lucky or unlucky a couple of times in a row. It does seem to me that some places *tend* to be a bit more or a little less gaijin friendly on average, but in my experience, you can't really count on it either way.

Fwiiw, I find that bringing a drop-dead gorgeous gaijin date greatly increases the openness of the Japanese customers to meeting/doing both of us. :)

-Ww

Thanks for another very useful and informative HB "briefing"...much appreciated.

I do have one question. This

is obviously a very important point. So I wonder on how much "data" you base the assertion. In other words, how many times have you been there, how many Japanese patrons have you interacted with and so forth? My experience is that the degree of interest in getting it on with foreigners among the Japanese people present varies tremendously from time-to-time at a given HB, so it would be easy to get an invalid impression by happening to be lucky or unlucky a couple of times in a row. It does seem to me that some places *tend* to be a bit more or a little less gaijin friendly on average, but in my experience, you can't really count on it either way.

Fwiiw, I find that bringing a drop-dead gorgeous gaijin date greatly increases the openness of the Japanese customers to meeting/doing both of us. :)

-Ww
I've been there several times, both single and with ladies. So have friends of mine, so we compared thoughts on it. And found 2 swinger pals that have gone there from years ago. Plus I can compare them to other happening bars and I'm one to study how people interact.

A lot of happening bars get regular customers, who prefer them, for various reasons. Many Japanese going to that happening bar are not the same as those going to others, so it creates a different group dynamic. It's not static, so the atmosphere of the bar can change over time, as different groups of customers come in or as the staff changes. But often this is slowly, something measured in months and years.

In addition, the attitude of the staff greatly affects the style of the club. If the manager or even a staff member is negative or dislikes foreigners, or simply "tolerates" them for money, this bad attitude will tend to fester in their club because it is encouraged or allowed. Like-minded individuals, tend to create associations or groups.

The difference between Silk and Bliss-Out is a good example, as same club under different management. The previous manager was way more pro-foreigner and hardcore swinger than the new management, and the atmosphere and character of the club reflects that difference.

Cross Season, has a more relaxed and welcoming attitude towards foreigners, which encourages other Japanese customers to be the same, as oppose to simply "tolerating" or any "back-handed" type stuff. They have a more "let's have fun or let's get to know each other" type of style in general and for everyone.

Last edited:
Do you know what evenings are best to visit? Any action in the daytime? I'm interested in trying new (to me) happening bars.

No offense intended, but every time I see one of these "it's my first time, what day is best, which one is the best for people with zero Japanese skills" posts, I just imagine people too stingy to pay for a P4P date, wanting to sleep with Japanese women but not having the pickup skills.
I don't think they are part of the scene, just someone looking for a cheap easy fuck who imagines the women are queuing up waiting on the next Gaijin.

Ok.

There are cheaper options than happening bars. And as I said I do already go to happening bars. I'm looking for options in the daytime. And on nights other than Friday and Saturday.

@NormalGuy

Happening bars are often "all you can drink", and in the realm of fantasy play and group sex. It can also be good for language exchange practice and learning how to talk with Japanese women.

The usual P4P hotel quickie doesn't matchup to this, so it's about preference.

Cost wise, most happening bars are in the 10,000 to 15,000 yen range for single guys. And they can hang out there for 8 hours or so. It's possible to have 3 or more encounters, with no clock watching (unless it's time to close) or no encounters at all. Depends, but if you were to compare money spent per encounter, it can be favorable for happening bars.

However standard P4P is guaranteed and usually requires no verbal skills whatsoever, which can be more comfortable for various guys, who are on a schedule or don't want to play games.

Overall, when guys explore their options, this is a good one among many to try. Even if they are a wet behind the ears newbies. They have to start somewhere, and learn the scene somehow.

Last edited:
Do you know what evenings are best to visit? Any action in the daytime? I'm interested in trying new (to me) happening bars.
It's best you go find out. Friday to Sunday evenings, or when they have events are likely best.

Cross Seasons tends to wind down early, with action ending or becoming low after midnight. So early evening seems better for them.

Exceptions do happen, but less there than other happening bars that may draw more late night swingers to 5am crowds.

Can't say for sure what day for daytime is best. My best guess would be to try from Thursday to Sunday, and ask the mama-san and other swingers. As always, expect randomness.

Reactions: nailedit
It's best you go find out. Friday to Sunday evenings, or when they have events are likely best.

Cross Seasons tends to wind down early, with action ending or becoming low after midnight. So early evening seems better for them.

I want to check this place out. Thanks for the review. The website doesn't have a map. From your directions, dies the place have a sign with the same logo as the website? And do you remember what floor its on?

Directions

Here is the Google Map. Get out at the Shinjuku JR East exit and walk towards the Don Quiote store. It's also a short walking distance from new hotel and movie theater building with Godzilla on it, at the center of Kabukicho. Walk around the building and keep going straight.

When you are close, you should see the iijima hotel or Napa Valley Restaurant. It's a back street, behind the main street.

The building next to it has Cross Season and you can look for the sign, which is the same as the website. If you walk too far, you will pass it and see a Familymart.

http://goo.gl/maps/if3KR

Last edited:
Reactions: nailedit