Guest viewing is limited

Date Ideas

DCSI_Lockers

TAG Member
Reaction score
It turns out that I have a date next week! It's actually my first 'real' date since I broke up with my girlfriend! So I'm kinda out of the loop of good dating ideas!

So, I'm looking for some good places/ideas to go on a date! Mainly around the Shinjuku (or somewhere near).

She is in her early thirties, works at a business hotel and is kind of an ukemi girl. I don't know about her English level, but she did stay in America for a bit.

Any ideas welcome!!

Get a bite to eat. Karaoke is a good one. Go play pool. If it's during the day, go for a walk in Yoyogi Park.

Reactions: DCSI_Lockers
You could try some counter seats at an izekaya? Maybe more familiar environment for her

I doubt she will go karaoke with you on a first date ..

If she is ukemi then you have your work cut out for you.. Steer clear of compliments I think.. Many Japanese women don't know how to handle them and may think you are being too forward

Good luck!

Robot Restaurant maybe...very innocent, even childish, and kawaii experience but located conveniently to LHs, HBs plus many other assorted opportunities for more adult fun in case you and she hit it off and she turns out to be a fast mover.

-Ww

Contact Bill Cosby for dating ideas.....he always scores

Thanks for the ideas guys!

I just decided for a simple date. We'll meet at a hotel bar and then go for dinner!

I think that simple is the best way to go for this girl!

I've had to keep this on the down low from my FWB roommate, I don't think that she'd take the news very well, but always good to add more options for me!

jusy remember to not drag it out if there is no chemistry / she is not interested! good luck dude!

It turns out that I have a date next week! It's actually my first 'real' date since I broke up with my girlfriend! So I'm kinda out of the loop of good dating ideas!

So, I'm looking for some good places/ideas to go on a date! Mainly around the Shinjuku (or somewhere near).

She is in her early thirties, works at a business hotel and is kind of an ukemi girl. I don't know about her English level, but she did stay in America for a bit.

Any ideas welcome!!
Look for places near hotels or good places near your apartment. If the date goes well, and she is in the mood, good to have a place nearby where you can take her.

And woman can get into the mood and fall back out of the mood very quickly. If you are able to progress to kissing and hugging her, then go for it while it's hot, to the nearby hotel or apartment.

If you can't progress up to the hugging and kissing stage, then start setting things up for the next date. Hype up your chemistry and hype up meeting again, so that you part ways for the night on a up note and good memory.

Then on the next date, setup the same situation of nearby hotels or your apartment. Then see if things go better then.

Last edited:
Thanks guys! I'll update you guys on Friday!

I do know that she is working on Friday. She has to get up cat 5am, so I doubt I'll be going to a hotel with her. But I did arrange the date to be a bit earlier so there is always the possibility!

Thanks guys! I'll update you guys on Friday!

I do know that she is working on Friday. She has to get up cat 5am, so I doubt I'll be going to a hotel with her. But I did arrange the date to be a bit earlier so there is always the possibility!

i really wouldn't get over excited and expect to be getting lucky if i were you.. just focus on having a fun time and ignore the horny old buggers ;)

i really wouldn't get over excited and expect to be getting lucky if i were you.. just focus on having a fun time and ignore the horny old buggers ;)

That's the plan, and go for it on the second date! As I said, it's my first real date since I've been single (way too busy with work to get out there), so I'm just hoping to enjoy it and let what happens happen!

That's the plan, and go for it on the second date! As I said, it's my first real date since I've been single (way too busy with work to get out there), so I'm just hoping to enjoy it and let what happens happen!

1st date can be your last date. Don't assume you will get another chance, make the most of the chance that you got. If you see or feel the opportunity is there, go for it. If not, then fall back on plan B.

Reactions: just4fun
Just an update about the date.

We met at a hotel bar and had a few drinks and talked for an hour and a half. We then went to the restaurant, we were drinking wine and we were talking so much that we actually only ordered starters. She was interesting and we had a lot of things to talk about. We held hands while we were talking and also to the station (I already knew that I wasn't going to take her to a hotel because she had to wake up at 5:40am the next day).

It was a good date and we had arranged a second date before we had finished the first one. Next date will be two weeks later.

Last edited:
Reactions: User#6326
sounds promising, how did she make you feel? good job!

its early, but what are you looking for? a commited relationship? or to meet and spend quality time with lots of different women? maybe worth thinking about

If you aren't on a tight budget, maybe a dinner at an izakaya where you can drink and unwind with her for a while and maybe hop over to karaoke afterward?

This method has often been a success for me. Even if you don't go all the way, she might be willing to make out with you at least.

Well, I'm not sure what I want out of this to be honest. It's still very early days so I'll just go with the flow and see what happens! It was all very natural and I had a great time with her. She seemed very happy and said that she was surprised at how much she could talk considering how shy she usually is.

I already have a FWB but I can't see that developing to anything more, so maybe this will turn into a committed relationship? We'll see if this has any legs on the 4th.

Reactions: User#6326
Just an update about the date.

We met at a hotel bar and had a few drinks and talked for an hour and a half. We then went to the restaurant, we were drinking wine and we were talking so much that we actually only ordered starters. She was interesting and we had a lot of things to talk about. We held hands while we were talking and also to the station (I already knew that I wasn't going to take her to a hotel because she had to wake up at 5:40am the next day).

It was a good date and we had arranged a second date before we had finished the first one. Next date will be two weeks later.
Hmmm.... I'm confused. You were at a bar in a hotel, then left. And if she has to wake up early in the morning, doesn't prevent her from having 1 hour of fun in a hotel... I know, I know... Some are on slow speed... But then meeting 2 weeks later, is relatively a long time away. Hope it turns out OK for you.

Hmmm.... I'm confused. You were at a bar in a hotel, then left. And if she has to wake up early in the morning, doesn't prevent her from having 1 hour of fun in a hotel... I know, I know... Some are on slow speed... But then meeting 2 weeks later, is relatively a long time away. Hope it turns out OK for you.

We both work unusual schedules. Two weeks later was the closest time we both had free.

I don't mind taking things slowly with her to be honest. I just had a good time and enjoyed our conversation. It's no big deal for me.

Mr Solong will like this.

I had a client cancel next week, so I asked if she was free and she said yes.

Solong, I do sometimes think that you over complicate things and overanalyse. This isn't a sex mission with her, it's possibly the start of a relationship. By all means feel free to disagree with me though.

Reactions: Wwanderer
Mr Solong will like this.

I had a client cancel next week, so I asked if she was free and she said yes.

Solong, I do sometimes think that you over complicate things and overanalyse. This isn't a sex mission with her, it's possibly the start of a relationship. By all means feel free to disagree with me though.
I'm rooting for you to get the relationship started and "consummated" ;-)

.... Next date will be two weeks later.

For me this would have been a deal breaker.

That's why I'm having such a hard time in Japan concerning girls.

They pretend they are too busy but in fact they don't know how (or they don't even try) to manage their time efficiently.

I hate being put on a "waiting list". Call me a wagamama but I just don't tolerate it.

I know that the OP did manage to get a date the next week actually but even that isn't enough for me.

When a date really goes this well, I expect the girl to be wanting to meet me ASAP and not one week later.

And when I'm in a relationship, I expect to meet my girl 3 times a week at least.

Most girls in this country don't want to spend that much time with their boyfriend.

They always say once or twice a week is enough.

I think it's not just girls who put you on the waiting listing in Japan.

That wait suits me because of work. I get so busy with work. I hardly have any time to relax, let alone see other people 3 times a week.

I finished work at 3am this morning and I'm already back out (on a national holiday as well).

It's a different dating culture than what we'd expect in our home countries. You'll find people who'll want to meet that often of course, you just need to find someone who meets your needs. What works for one person won't work with another.

Last edited:
...You'll find people who'll want to meet that often of course, you just need to find someone who meets your needs.

I have enough experience in this country to kow that these are the minority in Japan.

Here, romance partners are either for entertainment or for marriage.

Nothing in between.