David Bond, Another White Idiot.

He was traveling all over Asia with his GoPro, either on his head, a selfie stick, or something else. Quickly into the iteraction he would show it and mention how he's traveling and making a video with it. It is not, as far as I understand, staged. This is how he filmed everything he did.

It occurs to me that you might not be familiar or have had recent experience in clubs. This sort of behavior is rampant and normal in clubs..

Lets review the facts of what we know:

At the beginning of the interaction, we have two guys sitting on either side of a girl. They are both holding hands with her. She "belongs" to neither, nor did she come with either (clearly). Over time, the white guy sticks in, talks to her, and pulls her away while the Chinese guy doesn't really do much to move her or re-assert himself. It is clear that the Chinese guy did NOT come to the club WITH the other girl, or if he did, she is not committed to him.

For some reason - probably because of the title and how it was made into a race issue of white man vs Asian man (already a sensitive subject) - everyone took it and ran with it when actually it is THE GIRL DECIDING THE WHOLE TIME. In reality, this is a situation where one guy was just more assertive and stuck in there and had tighter game than the other guy, and the other guy was just kinda pushed out of the set.

I thought we had already gotten over this "PUA teaches X" myth.

This happens ALL THE TIME in clubs, and has nothing to do with whether or not someone has "studied PUA" or not. In general, in clubs, guys always come into other guys' interactions, and often, if you're not paying attention and don't have your wits about you, the girl WILL shift over to the other guy, especially if his game is tight. Again - because you don't own her. If the woman somewhat attracted to both guys or doesn't have her mind made up, she will just let it play out and see which guy "wins". If your frame is weaker and you're not willing to shoulder out the other guy, yeah you will lose the chick. It's your choice. You can take the moral high ground and go home alone, confident in the knowledge that you 'didn't resort to such cowardly tactics', or acknowledge the dude, direct him away, and move the girl with you to another part of the bar, and get the girl. Since the 'morality' only matters in your mind, go for the girl. If it's a legitimate couple and they came to the club together, don't be a douchebag, leave them alone. This is not the case in this video.. or, if it is, the dude had already lost the girl before he stepped into the club.

The Chinese guy in the video could have EASILY stood up and moved the girl if he was a little more assertive and proactive, and pulled her away from the white dude. But he didn't, ended up looking weak and passive, and his chick lost interest and went with the white dude. All's fair in my eyes!
Remember once again - the girl decided who to go with.

I would have dried gulched him myself......"hey buddy....how do you spell banana?" and then boom.....

Reactions: Wwanderer
Reactions: Wwanderer
Might have been a good occasion to #5 her! The old woman, not your gf. :p

What did your gf make of it, if I may ask? A few years ago a J woman 37 years younger than me were so into each other that we had trouble behaving decorously in public, and we got stuff like that from random strangers sometimes. She was always on me not to make a scene and embarrass her further. I thought it was weird to think that she wasn't bothered by the embarrassment of being seen with me, but disturbing the wa of everyone around was just not cool to her. There's a cultural difference for you! There definitely are some, although I think many on TAG overestimate them frequently. I would try to imagine what would have happened if I had been with a typical NYC girl of that same tender age!

-Ww

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.......nooooo.........not going there........(but it does give me some thoughts for a future wake up call)

If you ever need to wake me up, just call my phone or ring the doorbell, please. (I'll be keeping the door locked from now on, btw.)

-Ww

Reactions: just4fun
They might have just assumed it was Enjo Kosai

If you ever need to wake me up, just call my phone or ring the doorbell, please. (I'll be keeping the door locked from now on, btw.)

-Ww
Hahahahaha ......Don't worry.....ur safe.....me being a flagrant heterosexual and all.....

And you would be wrong. There are plenty of "douchey" videos of Asian guys doing such, and bragging about their conquest of White women.

Western media and more racially diverse countries simply don't react to it. Such childish insecurity and jealousy fits over interracial dating are now mostly seen for what they are.

I guess you can say these times are the early maturing stages of the more homogeneous societies of the east in that they are not really accustomed to things changing so quickly in regards to cultural diversity (whether 'cultural diversity' is good or bad depends on your own perspective). In many parts of the west we have got past that hump (for the most part).

Trying this in a city where you live and work is like shitting in your own bed and pretending it doesn't stink.
Anyway, this is actually what bothered me in trying to do a pick up. I see how the David guy does all the same things over and over again like a broken record:
1) Repeat after me: "I LOVE DAVID"
2) Showing a video of sky diving to get some "sugoi"
3) "What's your name? Oh, this is my name too!"
4) "I love you"
and so on. Actually, this is what bothered me the most in this approach to the women: you don't even have to be original or interesting, a set of phrases to get some laughs and there you go.
I'm not trying to brag, actually I have no achievements in the field, but I don't think that result is all that matters(though you might argue here, it depends I guess).
Process of talking to a girl while trying to understand her is fun enough to not miss it, compared to a cold repetition of the same jokes and phrases.
In the end I still don't want to shit in my own bed, but who knows what I can try at bar or a club! Need to experiment more.

Reactions: Sinapse
And you would be wrong. There are plenty of "douchey" videos of Asian guys doing such, and bragging about their conquest of White women.

Western media and more racially diverse countries simply don't react to it. Such childish insecurity and jealousy fits over interracial dating are now mostly seen for what they are.

When I was younger (and dating Asian guys) I had a number of experiences when I was with an Asian guy and white guys got all aggressive about me (an obviously white woman) being with an Asian guy.

So there are douches on all sides.