Guest viewing is limited

Dealing With "japanese Only"

Status
Not open for further replies.
@okayspot

1) You can't separate racism and ultra-nationalism/xenophobia out of the equation because this is where the attitude by various shop owners comes from.

2) I have personally dealt with Japanese xenophobic and racist: clubs, business owners, employers, and apartment owners.

The issue extends beyond the P4P industry. So it's a larger battle.

3) I mentioned 3 types of "Japanese Only", because 2 types are not racism. And foreigners have a chance to attempt to have the manager or owner think differently about you.

A) Learn to speak Japanese, to include SLANG words and KANJI.

No easy task for a new to Japan person or tourist, but the better you can, the more it will help.

B) Learn Japanese mannerisms, behavior, body language, and culture.

This is as important, as the language.

The Power of A + B Above

The more Japanese-like a foreigner ACTS and is aware of Japanese "sensitivities" against foreigners, the MORE that Japanese tend to see you as one of themselves.

I've seen both Whites and Blacks pull this off, despite having very different appearances. They will have a "Japanese mode". It's like a Japanese character that they can slip in or out of. And it works.

The KEY though is for the foreigner NOT to get LOST in the act. These become the types where other foreigners think he/she has gone crazy, "native", or are weird.

Japanese that are bias against foreigners based on language or nationalism, tend to have a hard time maintaining this bias against a foreigner that appears to know the Japanese language and culture so well. What happens then is it becomes a matter of if the Japanese person is a hard core racist or ultra-nationalist, or NOT.

A lot of Japanese are NOT so extreme in their views and CAN be persuaded by a specific foreigner, thus making EXCEPTIONS for you. Some, however are hard core extremists. And if they are, call it like is. Let's be honest about it.

And you are right, foreigners should help each other and network. Not just specifically Europeans, as that becomes self-defeating. If it's only about Europe, then better to stay in Europe or whatever country we are from. If it's about creating a betting experience for foreigners truly interested in living in Japan and making it a better place, then let's help that cause.

Oh my... So much hatred during Xmas...
So to make everybody agree: saying that Japanese are racist is racist.
Everybody is different, so fuck off, meet people who are worth spending time with, avoid the others, and enjoy holidays!!
ps: trying to network with foreigners is some kind of racism too ;)

Everybody is different, so fuck off, meet people who are worth spending time with, avoid the others, and enjoy holidays!!
I don't think you know what the word racism means.

1) Saying that a Japanese person or any person is racist, doesn't make you racist. Talking about racism, doesn't make you a racist.

Describing what something is, isn't the same as doing it.

2) Networking with other foreigners is the OPPOSITE of racism.

3) TOTALLY agree with spending time with people who are worth it for you.

Happy Holidays! [emoji3]

Last edited:

Absolutely agree. If these assholes were blind and deaf and didn't know the 'race' of the other person rejecting their credit card application, or job application, or entry to a sex shop or cock blocking them in Roppongi, they wouldn't be able to say the same thing and accept that its just another person being difficult. The fact that its a Japanese must automatically mean its all about them being a foreigner and some sort of discrimination is in play. Anyone easily pulling out a race card, says a lot about how they perceive people.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.