Deli vs soapland - couple of questions

hoshino168168

TAG Member
Reaction score
Hello

May I some 101 questions below:

1. what are the major difference between these 2? Quality of girls? which type do local japanese like more?

2. Why soapland opens early in the mornings when compared with deli health?

3. I speak poor Japanese and often got rejected (they notice from my accent/intonation that I am actually a freoginer) when trying to make reservations over phone with deli shop staff....can someone be kind enough to teach me couple of different ways to make and confirm reservation over phone in japanese so it sounds more like a local japanese?

1. FS. Nope. Both business types seems to thrive.
2. Because soaplands need to close at midnight and deli healths usually stay open until the first train. Girls need to sleep too.
3. More like is not going to cut it. Try a place that is foreigner friendly instead.

1.) Soapland is generally FS, incall (you go to them) and involves getting goo rubbed on you. Deli is usually love hotel, not FS (for the most part) and no goo except that which you supply yourself. No appreciable difference in quality between either kind of business. There are good and bad from each.

2.) I never knew the reason so thanks to MikeH for providing that above.

3.) There is no cure for poor Japanese except better Japanese.

When you are calling a deli heli place, make it short and simple. There are many variations in which a conversation can go but at the end of the day, all you need to tell them is the girls name, your desired course, the name of the hotel, and your desired arrival time at the hotel. There will be a confirmation call and when they call(in some cases they forget, so you gotta call them back) tell em the room number of the hotel. It seems quite nerve wrecking, but remember you are the customer, so I assume they will be patient with you!

Reactions: AliceInWonderland
Thanks. I always try to keep it short and simple but would much appreciate if some of you here can teach me Japanese 101 in this area - the phrases/sentences much like the way native japanese speakers do. (I've been in tokyo for just a few months so challenging so speak like a local at this point...

By the way, are there plenty of girls in those shops are actually non-japanese eg chinese? which areas of deli health shops might have such cases e.g. ikebujuro or shinjuku?