Guest viewing is limited

Detective Conan: Amuro

RIDER 00

TAG Member
Reaction score
Any Conan fans out there? (No, not Conan the Barbarian, and not Conan the American talk show host)

Great Detective Conan is another Japanese anime I think should have been off the air a long time ago, but apparently it's having another boom (like Dragon Ball) because of a new character Amuro Tooru.

upload_2018-5-13_9-6-50.png

Young girls are going crazy for this guy and the BL (boys love) fan fiction is through the roof. In fact, dolls of this guys that you can get at UFO catchers are selling like gold. I can sell them for 1800 yen to recycle shops or 4000 yen to buyers directly online.

Can someone explain to me what it is they like about him?
Why are girls everyone getting their undies wet for this dude?

I don't understand...

I don’t know, not really into that pointy nose drawing style, looks a bit stupid. But the clothes and hair are pretty nice.

Conan is a cute little boy also.
I never watched the show and like i said I don’t think the drawings are beautiful but to many Japanese friends of the the show is dear and a kind of childhood thing, like anpanman, so i think its nice they continue.

I don’t know, not really into that pointy nose drawing style, looks a bit stupid. But the clothes and hair are pretty nice.

Conan is a cute little boy also.
I never watched the show and like i said I don’t think the drawings are beautiful but to many Japanese friends of the the show is dear and a kind of childhood thing, like anpanman, so i think its nice they continue.

The manga artist has the style of giving all his characters pointed noses and the girls have small boobs (unlike in One Piece, which is a different artist).

If you know the story of Conan, Conan isn't actually a boy. He's a guy in his 20s who drank a magic potion and turned into a child-sized midget with the same brain.

His girlfriend has been waiting for him to come back for 20 years now (his excuse is that he's doing research), but she meets Conan the boy every day and doesn't even realize that it's him.

It's nice that some anime continue for a long time, but I think a lot of it has to do with TV stations wanting to make money on a sure thing. This is okay, but not if the quality declines like in Doraemon and Crayon Shin-chan.

Reactions: AliceInWonderland
The manga artist has the style of giving all his characters pointed noses and the girls have small boobs (unlike in One Piece, which is a different artist).

If you know the story of Conan, Conan isn't actually a boy. He's a guy in his 20s who drank a magic potion and turned into a child-sized midget with the same brain.

His girlfriend has been waiting for him to come back for 20 years now (his excuse is that he's doing research), but she meets Conan the boy every day and doesn't even realize that it's him.

It's nice that some anime continue for a long time, but I think a lot of it has to do with TV stations wanting to make money on a sure thing. This is okay, but not if the quality declines like in Doraemon and Crayon Shin-chan.
I don’t watch a lot of anime, especially for children. I did like the Stand By Me doraemon movie, that was pretty cute :)
I haven’t watched Shin Chan since my childhood when they make a western version and pronounced it “Shin Shen” but damn, was it funny! Especially him mooning to people (flashing his butt). If i see him on TV now briefly it does seem like that best kind of humor is gone...

I didn't know about this. I used to watch conan intermittently. I'm not really a big fan of detective conan.
I'm really into rorouni kenshin (sorry to hijack your thread). He is somewhat based on a real hitokiri; Kawakami Gensai. Also, at first glance he (kenshin/shinta) is somewhat benign, goofy, and morose. But, when he needs to protect those he cares about he is something else entirely.
Moreover, the anime (i haven't read the english manga) has aspects of japanese history.

I did like the Stand By Me doraemon movie, that was pretty cute :)
I like doraemon too. Although, I used to watch this intermittently also. I like the way doraeomon tries to "help" nobita by lending him some of his gadgets. And then both of them ending up in more hot water.

have u seen the latest movie hes in? he was a baller in there. the stuff he pulls off... lol

hes got the wild vibe that jp girls loves. kinda like yamazaki kento in his last tv series where he was a host.