Did Covid save Fuzoku in Tokyo?

Desktop

TAG Member
Reaction score
Before Covid I thought that the government may try to clean up areas of Tokyo for foreigners visiting Japan for the Olympics? I know businesses went under due to Covid but is there a chance that mass cleanups to the adult industry might have not happened due to Covid?

I really thought they would somehow try to clean up Kabukicho etc but after Covid things might get back to normal.

Any other thought?

Did you read that 150,000 condoms will be distributed to the Olympic athletes in Japan? That might be saying go out there and have a little fun while in the Land of the Rising Sun. Although claims that those condoms must not be used and taken back to their home country.

Reactions: smalltomorokoshi
I would assume that the athletes would be mingling with each other with those condoms. I would assume tourist/spectators would impact what’s done with fuzoku.
I also thought athletes weren’t supposed to be just roaming around Tokyo.

Did you read that 150,000 condoms will be distributed to the Olympic athletes in Japan? That might be saying go out there and have a little fun while in the Land of the Rising Sun. Although claims that those condoms must not be used and taken back to their home country.

I would assume that the athletes would be mingling with each other with those condoms. I would assume tourist/spectators would impact what’s done with fuzoku.
I also thought athletes weren’t supposed to be just roaming around Tokyo.
Yeah, the athletes are supposed to be restricted to venue/training centre/Olympic Village. But trying to restrict the movement of a few thousand highly fit teenagers/20somethings with jacked testosterone levels isn’t a trivial task.

Reactions: Desktop

I think it's been a tradition since the Seoul Olympics in 1988, part of HIV/AIDS awareness campaign.

Talked about this with one professional coach last week and he told quite a big part of those condoms are taken back home by the athletes from more restricted countries as they cannot buy them easily there.

Reactions: smalltomorokoshi
Before Covid I thought that the government may try to clean up areas of Tokyo for foreigners visiting Japan for the Olympics? I know businesses went under due to Covid but is there a chance that mass cleanups to the adult industry might have not happened due to Covid?

I really thought they would somehow try to clean up Kabukicho etc but after Covid things might get back to normal.

Any other thought?
At first I read "did fuzoku save tokyo during covid ?"

AFAIC, Tokyo was partially improved but otherwise changed in negative ways as a result of this long effort to bring the Olympics in. I’m happy to have seen it before it was totally changed.

But I do believe the OP’s general point is accurate.

FYI only: recent data about Delta variant infections.

Really bummed about this. It further complicates the opening up of Japan and other countries to regular international passenger flights.

Stay safe, everyone :doctor:

E3D222B5-4A8C-4BF2-AA3D-C771B4D6E3D3.jpeg

Reactions: monalisaoverdrive