Do Companies Often Fire People Over Dinner?

Firing in my case was the less respectful, and cowardly case of email. I guess he was afraid of getting verbally bitten again as he instigated the most docile person to feel forced to finally react. I think she's going to ask you to leave vs firing.

Just read the turn of events.
Just bring your USB recorder so she doesn't twist the story later and say it wasn't consensual.;)

Last edited:
Well, everyone back to work! TokyoJoeBlow sails again. Sort of Jack Sparrow-ish...

Well, Jack something.... <cough>

@TokyoJoeblow
Do you know about self-fulfilling prophecies. Just ask a few more times if she plans to fire you and she will get suspicious.
Your paranoia is really reaching levels that cry for professional treatment.
How about going to church to confess? Your guilty feelings for that sexual encounter with an underaged really dominate any remains of even slightly logical thinking that were left.

Just a wild guess...
do-it-yourself-test-for-paranoia-.png

Joe,

Your life seem to be an anthropomorphic incarnation of the curse "May you live in an interesting times", I have began to believe.

I often wonder (after reading your posts), whether a day passes by for you, without a major incident affecting you or your loved ones.

Please, take care about yourself and try to take life with a spoon full of sugar...

<3

Black.

@TokyoJoeblow
Do you know about self-fulfilling prophecies. Just ask a few more times if she plans to fire you and she will get suspicious.
Your paranoia is really reaching levels that cry for professional treatment.
How about going to church to confess? Your guilty feelings for that sexual encounter with an underaged really dominate any remains of even slightly logical thinking that were left.
Yes, definately go to Church......and wear clothes that make you look as young as possible.

Reactions: split and MossBoss
Coz you know, it might not get wet, menopausal problems lol. [emoji850][emoji850]

Good luck with the grannies TJB

Ahh yes...the classic Mr. Chavers granny angle...

I will have good luck because mouths are always wet lol.

just dont think its better to bang your boss instead of the pupils^^

what is a "visa card" btw?

just dont think its better to bang your boss instead of the pupils^^

what is a "visa card" btw?

By visa card, I'm just referring to my Spouse of Japanese National visa, which is also a plastic card with all my information on it.

Reactions: AliceInWonderland
So I went to dinner with her alone last night. During the dinner she wasn't really talkative and seemed shy or nervous, it was strange. It seemed as if she wanted to let me ramble on about whatever. She was aggressive about paying for everything. I offered to pay for half, but she insisted on paying for everything and that it was no problem.

We later went to drink at a bar that she owns with her brother. I drank and sang some karaoke songs and had a good time. I did notice that she was wearing this big diamond ring on her finger...which was strange because she knows that I know that she isn't married as does everyone else.

I didn't bring it up, but when a mutual friend of ours that was drinking at the bar mentioned it, she said something weird. She said: "Well today is his (referring to me) one year anniversary in Japan, so I just thought it would be nice to wear it."

Well, although that sounded sweet, I thought she was wearing it to either get my attention or remind me that I am married myself? She could have also been trying to show off that she is wealthy? She could also be using it as a way to tell me she is taken...even though she totally isn't? The last reason makes no sense at all, but I guess it is possible.

Reactions: Akanksha
You could also be a 'trophy bride'.

So she could be trying to hint to me that I could be her "trophy bride" or that she wants a some kind of relationship? I guess she could have worn it to fool complete strangers into thinking we are married...but most of the people around us that night knew us and knew that we just work together lol.

Didn't you have a similar situation at another place where the female owner of the school also owned a bar and invited you there, and you thought that you might just be a foreign 'fixture' or something?

Reactions: MongerInAStrLnd
I think he's talking about the same woman. Which finger was the ring on? It will be really odd if it's on her 'ring finger.' I don't quite get the reason for her taking you out. Seems to be trying to open you up to get into your inner thoughts (at best guess). Maybe she wants to see if you make advances and if you are a risk to her school's reputation. The only other reason I can think of is the discrimination she would feel from being around a younger guy and wearing the ring (if on the ring finger) makes her more comfortable because strangers think she's not some floozy picking up young guys.

I think he's talking about the same woman. Which finger was the ring on? It will be really odd if it's on her 'ring finger.' I don't quite get the reason for her taking you out. Seems to be trying to open you up to get into your inner thoughts (at best guess). Maybe she wants to see if you make advances and if you are a risk to her school's reputation. The only other reason I can think of is the discrimination she would feel from being around a younger guy and wearing the ring (if on the ring finger) makes her more comfortable because strangers think she's not some floozy picking up young guys.

Yes, this woman is my boss but the woman from before was a student that she seemed to be setting me up with. The end of the night was spent in my bosses' bar, which is where I met that student from before.

The diamond ring was on her ring finger on the right hand. It was strange lol.

I think she is waiting to see if I make a move on her and then either go with it or say no...but I'm not really into her. I just thought it was strange that she did this.

Are we into the re-runs? Is a diamond ring of the right hand a symbol of The Knights Templar?

Reactions: just4fun and cabbie