Do japanese girls like you wearing perfume?

Leugene

Wanderer
Reaction score
Do Japanese girls like you wearing perfume or cologne? From what I hear in Japan its common to not use perfume as a man, but how true is this?
Is it good in general when meeting girls? And also in terms of being close to a girl like at a soapland, would she appreciate it?

Try it and report back.

Reactions: DJPeeps
Do Japanese girls like you wearing perfume or cologne? From what I hear in Japan its common to not use perfume as a man, but how true is this?
Is it good in general when meeting girls? And also in terms of being close to a girl like at a soapland, would she appreciate it?
Yes
Not true
Yes
Yes

Some girls like it, some girls can't stand it... that's pretty much about it.
If they like a cologne, they'll usually tell you or gift you one that they prefer.

They might get upset if you try to use their perfume though, probably not a good idea for both you to smell girly on a date. /s

There are so many opinions on this subject that I can’t be too pissy in reply.

It really just depends. If you smell like a can of tuna mixed with dog shit on your average day, please for the love of humanity spray something on your body.

Nonetheless, there is apparently a rather large group of people who believe in “sume-hara,” so you just end up pissing off another group.

There really can’t be a right answer here.

I just love when some guys overuse the ground up Rhino horn.....just knowing that my eyes can still tear up is a good health check.

No matter what you do, use perfume on a clean body and clean clothes. I had a colleague at work who thought that cologne was a substitute for showers and laundry.

Also, use a tinny bit. Perfume is lovely when other people feel it without realizing that they are smelling it. If you leave a streak of smell as you walk, it feels cheap and 破手 .

Overuse of cologne is one of the most prominent stereotypes of foreign men in Japan. It’s a huge turn off, just slightly less bad than BO. What Japanese think of overuse is not a lot. If you do use it, go expensive and go subtle. And if you have BO, better to try a subtle deodorant - Japan has a few good ones like the Soft Stone one. Save your Axe body spray for the Enlisted Club or the Hub. It’s not classy at all. Longer term you can do 脱毛. It works.

Overuse of cologne is one of the most prominent stereotypes of foreign men in Japan. It’s a huge turn off, just slightly less bad than BO. What Japanese think of overuse is not a lot. If you do use it, go expensive and go subtle. And if you have BO, better to try a subtle deodorant - Japan has a few good ones like the Soft Stone one. Save your Axe body spray for the Enlisted Club or the Hub. It’s not classy at all. Longer term you can do 脱毛. It works.
If you have chronic BO you need to use a lot of anti-bacterial soap, lather it up really good, wash multiple times (same as with hair), rinse thoroughly and use a nice non-Japanese deodorant from amazon.jp. I order Old Spice (because I'm an old guy) but it has enough anti-bacterial stuff in it to kill the BO for at least 8 hours. I also order Old Spice anti-bacterial body soap. Just find a western brand you like and give it a try. Japanese ladies can smell your BO, even though you think you don't stink and it is a scientific fact (I think) that female sense of smell is much more acute than men. Trust me, you probably stink if you're being honest with yourself. Don't think it turns her on because it probably doesn't.

I've spoken to numerous experienced ladies about this. One giveaway is if she spends any significant time and effort washing your armpits she is protecting her own nose more than trying to clean you up. She can smell you. They will never tell you, either. It took a long time and many repeated visits before they opened up to me about it. Believe it or not, a small percentage of Japanese ladies have western-style pungent BO. One of my favorite providers does. She was born unlucky with that genetic trait and I noticed once when she was dressing that she used a stick deodorant which you almost never see a lady in Japan use. We had a nice conversation about it so the next time we had a session I took a sniff and it did have that odor you usually only smell from some European and American ladies. Omanko had not much smell, though. LOL.

If you have chronic BO just let her know humbly and casually before your shower or bath if it is an assisted arrangement and ask her to wash well under your arms. She will probably appreciate this as it shows you are sensitive to her feelings, too. She knows how to wash your stuff and your crotch area which is part of the program but your armpits are a sensitive area. You'll be doing her a big favor by confessing as the last thing she wants is for you to lose face.

Regarding men's fragrances, I would avoid it altogether. I only know a few Japanese men who use it and they are former expats. The vast majority of Japanese men don't use it.

Save your Axe body spray for the Enlisted Club or the Hub. It’s not classy at all.
I haven't had an issue with using Axe here. Though I don't spray it on myself like I'm some preteen boy in a gym locker room, like how most Axe users spray it.

If you have chronic BO you need to use a lot of anti-bacterial soap, lather it up really good, wash multiple times (same as with hair), rinse thoroughly and use a nice non-Japanese deodorant from amazon.jp. I order Old Spice (because I'm an old guy) but it has enough anti-bacterial stuff in it to kill the BO for at least 8 hours. I also order Old Spice anti-bacterial body soap. Just find a western brand you like and give it a try. Japanese ladies can smell your BO, even though you think you don't stink and it is a scientific fact (I think) that female sense of smell is much more acute than men. Trust me, you probably stink if you're being honest with yourself. Don't think it turns her on because it probably doesn't.

I've spoken to numerous experienced ladies about this. One giveaway is if she spends any significant time and effort washing your armpits she is protecting her own nose more than trying to clean you up. She can smell you. They will never tell you, either. It took a long time and many repeated visits before they opened up to me about it. Believe it or not, a small percentage of Japanese ladies have western-style pungent BO. One of my favorite providers does. She was born unlucky with that genetic trait and I noticed once when she was dressing that she used a stick deodorant which you almost never see a lady in Japan use. We had a nice conversation about it so the next time we had a session I took a sniff and it did have that odor you usually only smell from some European and American ladies. Omanko had not much smell, though. LOL.

If you have chronic BO just let her know humbly and casually before your shower or bath if it is an assisted arrangement and ask her to wash well under your arms. She will probably appreciate this as it shows you are sensitive to her feelings, too. She knows how to wash your stuff and your crotch area which is part of the program but your armpits are a sensitive area. You'll be doing her a big favor by confessing as the last thing she wants is for you to lose face.

Regarding men's fragrances, I would avoid it altogether. I only know a few Japanese men who use it and they are former expats. The vast majority of Japanese men don't use it.

I got consistently low grades in science class and I'm not pretending to know anything useful but I do remember reading, years ago, some random scientific journal on body odor and if/how it correlates to different ethnicities. The study broke the ethnicities into three groups--Caucazoid, Negroid and Mongoloid--and examined the differences within those groups in apocrine sweat glands, which cause body odor. The study concluded that Caucazoid and Negroid sweating produces far more odor-producing substances when compared to the Mongoloid, and the Negroid produces by far the most due to the size of glands--the Mongoloid, due to some sort of circulatory differences, is unable to produce a comparable level of odor and therefore Asians, particularly East Asians, are not capable of producing the amount of body odor that Caucasians and Africans are.

It probably comes along with my OCD but I'm extremely sensitive to smells and absolutely can't tolerate foul body odor. I've been with girls of most shades and variations and don't need any scientific report to tell me that East Asians have the least amount of body odor. But I've said it before...when you finally do come across a Japanese or Chinese or Korean person with actual body odor, that asshole will seriously, seriously STINK. I had a student like that at NOVA and you knew that fucker had shown up for class from down the hall. Even thirty minutes after he'd left you'd know he popped into the Voice Room for a bit. And he was single, no surprise there.

I’ll be your Cauc-A-Zoid
Come on and wind me up

Shake your body like you just don’t care
I can be your Cauc-A-Zoid if you dare
Z-O-I-D-S
Z-O-I-D-S, rock baby

Reactions: Cinnabums
Don't know where you're from but men definitely wear less aftershave her than in Sweden, less facial hair might explain that.

Men use much more beauty products though, a big chunk of the young male population looks very female.