Guest viewing is limited

Do Japanese Women Really Use Glutathione? Where Do I Find It?

Ches

Sweet as Sugar
Reaction score
Back in my hometown it is very very popular trend. It is basically an antioxidant which side effect is skin lightening. There are dermatology clinics that administer this as dextorse, lol. I think that is a bit extreme though, but I know a lot of people in my hometown who do that. Also common is the syringe injections. They purchase one box for one month and hire a registered nurse to administer that or the administer it to themselves (which is crazy). All in pursuit of lighter skin.

They keep saying it is japan brand, [Redacted #91], very widely used in japan, etc...But never have I seen a single brand of Glutatione from MatsuKiyo. Some researches apparently indicates it is really good in fighting ageing. And keeping the liver clean.

Do Japanese women really take this? Like how popular collagen is here? Or is it just another marketing strategy?

Where do I find this? Just the capsules/ pill type. I assume I dont need doctor's prescription to get this, since it is just a supplement?

I've been into some beauty stores, esp the ones I passed by in Shin-okubo, the korean ones as they seemed to be very addicted to beauty, but never found one, and some japanese drug stores.

Last edited:
you could just order it online...
taking the pills and injections have different effects and are used to treat different conditions (third way is inhaling)...
the whitening effect doesnt work on most people, as far as i know...
in case you wonder how i know, i know one person who got injections for preventing the effects of chemotherapy and one person i know inhaled it for treating a lung desease...

They keep saying it is japan brand, [Redacted #91], very widely used in japan, etc...But never have I seen a single brand of Glutatione from MatsuKiyo. Some researches apparently indicates it is really good in fighting ageing. And keeping the liver clean.

I'm not sure if it is popular, but Glutathione Intravenous (IV) therapy is usually administered in beauty/cosmetic clinics. There are some clinics run by non-Japanese MDs whom you can ask for the detail. Internet sources say there is no known benefit of orally ingested Glutathione, but that's something you may want to ask at one of those clinics. I personally came across Glutathione as I read a blog article which claimed it could alleviate some symptoms of dementia.

Reactions: AliceInWonderland