do you proactively say you're a foreigner?

ngoloser

TAG Member
Reaction score
this might be more directed at those who can pass off as Japanese looks wise and can speak enough to not have to take out the translation app. I've been wondering if its better for me to not mention it if I can get way with it because it could potentially open up more doors. of course if they ask I won't lie, but at the same time I wonder if they don't ask and I get found out later if they'll put me on a list or something lol

Being able to speak enough to talk about anything without needing a translator and having native pronunciation and proficiency are two completely different things

Reactions: rd1023 and Danbo
Looks Japanese ☑️
Knows enough keywords to pull my weight ☑️
Can somewhat fake an accent to fool a random person? ☑️
Says "外国人大丈夫?”☑️

Reactions: rd1023 and Maxblack
Looks Japanese ☑️
Knows enough keywords to pull my weight ☑️
Can somewhat fake an accent to fool a random person? ☑️
If tourists count, then I have once. It was surreal since I get found out at soaplands immediately. I assume they haven’t watched enough anime or something to not be able to tell the difference between a good and bad accent

If tourists count, then I have once. It was surreal since I get found out at soaplands immediately. I assume they haven’t watched enough anime or something to not be able to tell the difference between a good and bad accent
I have "advanced" to watching medical dramas... seems slightly more realistic but still hate the parts where they exaggerate everything
No idea what symptoms or diagnosis they are saying, just picking up on the way they speak
Good rule of thumb is just to KISS, remove all the "redundant" words which beginners use