Does anyone know what does the soapland shop guy ask or say before and after payment?

ramenshop

TAG Member
Reaction score
I have a reservation that I regret this friday in cosplay paradise (not foreigner friendly)
I am not Japanese but kinda look like one, my Japanese is a little fluent and my pronouciation is on point.
Im planning to enter this shop without letting them know i'm a foreigner
Can anyone with experience infiltrating help me on this?
I want to know what do they usually ask or say so I can go prepared because some of the shop guy's speech are actually not understandable.
Is there any chance that they will ask for 身分証 ?

Thanks

• Angry
Reactions: plooped and Ddddd
I have a reservation that I regret this friday in cosplay paradise (not foreigner friendly)
I am not Japanese but kinda look like one, my Japanese is a little fluent and my pronouciation is on point.
Im planning to enter this shop without letting them know i'm a foreigner
Can anyone with experience infiltrating help me on this?
I want to know what do they usually ask or say so I can go prepared because some of the shop guy's speech are actually not understandable.
Is there any chance that they will ask for 身分証 ?

Thanks
Jeez, just practice with foreigner friendly shops first to get the practice down. After that you might find trying to fool the front desk isn't worth it.

Just don’t get caught, bruh, and if you do, I hope you can fight or are muscular looking or something because some of these establishments are connected with the yakuza.

hahaha thanks guys, I'll just cancel the reservation. I just thought there would have been more assholes like me around

Reactions: ThaWeeknd
There have been reviews of this shop and you can also find it in the lists here in TAG. It is not a NG shop like you stated, it is fine with foreigners.....but they charge an insane foreigner tax.

That said, don't try to cheat your way in. Even if you get past staff it is shitty to the girl to keep this a secret before booking.

Reactions: QuesoDip
hahaha thanks guys, I'll just cancel the reservation. I just thought there would have been more assholes like me around
There are, man. We just don’t want the same treatment 😩😩😩

• Sad
Reactions: ramenshop
Bad news for you - they don't have a set script.

From the reviews I've read, some tenchou can even address you in a complex way, if they suspect you're a foreigner. There's nothing to be gained here other than embarassment, a personal ban and a blanket gaijin ban. Even on less reputable boards they'll either tell you this or piss and moan about Japan being unfair last time they tried it and got caught.

Last edited:
What does this complex way supposed to be?
Some of them will ask odd off-topic questions to throw you off, or switch to keigo - there are lots of tricks they can use to make sure you can actually speak Japanese.

Some of them will ask odd off-topic questions to throw you off, or switch to keigo - there are lots of tricks they can use to make sure you can actually speak Japanese.

I have been asked pretty much everything between baseball and ancient pottery.

I even had one guy go the opposite way. He went full on casual (like I was at an izakaya with a loud outgoing Japanese buddy who's a little tipsy) and then asked what part of Japan is my family from and then went to talk about where he thought they’d be from based on my last name (well, the fake last name I gave him anyway). That was different. Fun guy actually.