Does The "no Gaijin Policy" Applies To Me?

SatoKM

TAG Member
Reaction score
Hello!

I am planning to go to Japan by the end of this year.

I have been in Japan few times but never experienced any "Fuzoku Services". But now I would like to experience some Fuzoku Services.

My parents are both Japanese (born and raised) but I was born abroad. I do have Japanese nationality but my Japanese language skills are "below average". I understand basic Japanese conversation but I can't speak fluently, so by far you can notice that Japanese is not my "mother tongue".

So here is my concern....

As I have been reading recently, most of the times Gaijin are rejected because of their Japanese Language skills or simply because they do not understand or speak enough Japanese in order to understand the rules.

Will that be my case? Will I be rejected as my Japanese is not fluent?

Nope you will be fine, you've got the passport.

Have to realize people with mental problems that make them afraid to talk use these services.
Just act like you are socially inept / socially retarded to the staff and you will have no problem at all.

Reactions: SatoKM
Yeah, from what I've heard it's generally a language thing. There's plenty of non-Japanese Asian guys that are fluent in Japanese that have no problems getting service because they can pass for Japanese.

I'd say case-by-case basis... some places want language, some places just want Japanese people.

I do believe you'll have a hard time in some cases though.

Delivery health would be difficult, but if you just act really scared and train yourself to learn the right phrases and point at the options and the girls picture, store-front health should be no problem.

Anyway, let us know how it goes!

Last edited:
Hi!

I just returned (last week) back to reality. I spent almost a month in Japan for vacations (mostly in Yokohama Area). I already posted some of my experiences in "Fuzoku services" and I got directly rejected at one soapland and kind of rejected from a massage place. I said kind of rejected as they told me that the waiting time was 4 hours and only gave me one choice (the ugliest woman available I believe).
In conclusion I experienced: Soapland, Pink Salon, Hako Herusu, Hoteherusu and Kaishun Massage.
So it was very nice experience. I will try to post all my experiences ASAP.