Dog or Cat?

Better pet, Dog or Cat?

• Dog

Votes: 8 42.1%
  • Cat

Votes: 11 57.9%

• Total voters
I'm ok with both but since I can only pick one I went with dogs, have 2 of them at home. They are a handful but they are an absolute pleasure to be around with !

Reactions: AliceInWonderland
Am I allowed to say neither?

A real nice fish tank would be nice if someone else did all the work.

I like both, but I don't want to live with either one because of the fur.

I like a tidy house and without pets I sweep and mop my floors twice a week. With pets I think I'd be sweeping daily.

it is just too much work for my current lifestyle.

I like both, but I don't want to live with either one because of the fur.

I like a tidy house and without pets I sweep and mop my floors twice a week. With pets I think I'd be sweeping daily.

it is just too much work for my current lifestyle.
There are dogs that don't really shed much for example the French Bulldog, a package of adorable good fun with minimal shedding, and it's quite suited for busy lifestyles because it's energy level isn't too high, though it still enjoys play time and cuddling.

Reactions: impish and Jbagz
There are dogs that don't really shed much for example the French Bulldog, a package of adorable good fun with minimal shedding, and it's quite suited for busy lifestyles because it's energy level isn't too high, though it still enjoys play time and cuddling.

I am also put off by the logistics of managing their poops. I know I wouldn't be a good pet owner so I'm passing on it. Maybe in another decade or so, I'll be ready for it.

Heck, I'm even a crappy boyfriend at this point. I just don't want the responsibility of caring for another living creature right now.

Human, feline, or canine I can't handle it.

I have a cactus and I intend on working my way up to a fern soon.

I have a cactus and I intend on working my way up to a fern soon.

Whoa, take it easy there man or you end up with a flower before you notice it!

I myself am totally content with having some mold in my bathroom.

Whoa, take it easy there man or you end up with a flower before you notice it!

I myself am totally content with having some mold in my bathroom.

Yeah dude, I might be pushing it having multicellular plants as pets but having a colony of single cell fungi or bacteria growing in my bathroom is out of the question for me. I'm a clean freak and I attack that stuff with chorine bleach.

Sadly, these last couple of posts on pet ownership have captured my outlook on relationships much more succinctly than any commentary since this short rap parody.

I don't see how married guys do it.

Puppies for sure♥
Always so excited to see you and instantly seem to know when youre sad and need a cuddle. Argh Im getting excited just talking about it haha

that sounds like a cat
dogs are always playful they don't seem to know when you need some space
I voted for dog though

Not the case for any of the dogs ive owned

yeah, I know and watch sophisticated people on U tube, they train their dogs, sometime they're even trained by pro handlers. Unfortunately, every dog I've owned since I was 16 were strays I adopted. They lack manners, just like me.

We got two cats a few years after we got married as sort of a trial run. We thought, if the cats survive living with us, maybe we'll think about having kids.

After 10 years and seeing what other parents have to put up with whenever their kids act up or misbehave in public... we've finally come to a decision.

We're sticking with cats.;)

Personally, I'm a dog person, but in Tokyo, I would prefer not to keep a dog. Dogs need a good amount of space and a lot of time with their people, and Tokyo is short on both.

In a city like this, cats are the way to go.... and hey, free ammonia supply!

I have had both. When I have big backyard, I like to have dog; I don't like to keep them inside a house but hate to leash them all the time, but when I stuck in a small place in Tokyo, I prefer to have a cat. They are relatively quiet compared to dog, more independent so that I can freely leave house for a couple of days without asking somebody else to take care of them. They don't eat all food at one time, either.
Dog is more faithful while cat is more moody but I like them both. The only downside of cat, they are nocturnal....

Attachments

• IMG_3495.JPG
    IMG_3495.JPG
    192.6 KB · Views: 82
My cat lasted 20 years :v dogs usually have a shorter lifespan. It depends on your personality. I love both

Dogs. I have had dogs my whole life. Theres just something about coming home and someone waiting there lovingly to greet you. Cats are okay.

Reactions: patty diaz