Dotonbori in Shibuya or Rockza Asakusa?

Papa

TAG Member
Reaction score
I’m visiting Japan in a few months with a friend who’s 10 years older then I am. He’s not interested in having sex anymore, but would like to watch young Japanese girls dance nude. We can’t do this at night either, not sure he’ll stay up! LOL

So, of the 2 listed above, which do you think would be better? Thanks.

Reactions: GraphicMig
I haven’t been to the Rockza theaters but my understanding is that the dancers are all (most?) AV girls first rather than traditional Japanese strip theater performers. The photos of their performances look pretty glitzy and team focused like a Vegas show.

I have been to the Shibuya theater and had the more traditional experience there. There are some AV girls that show up on the schedules at this and other venues outside the Rockza, but most are strip theater dancers who do their own choreography and design their own costumes. Girls will dance one at a time through a 5-6 girl rotation, three songs each, shedding clothes each time, with the last one finishing naked on the rotating stage for the “open show” that gives the audience a great view of everything. The action pauses every girl or two for Polaroid photos of the girls. Come by noon, pay once and stay all day. This venue would be my recommendation.

More information on these and the other strip theaters still in operation can be found here: STNavi

Reactions: avalone2022
I’m visiting Japan in a few months with a friend who’s 10 years older then I am. He’s not interested in having sex anymore, but would like to watch young Japanese girls dance nude. We can’t do this at night either, not sure he’ll stay up! LOL

I went to Rockza in Asakusa once, and thought it was a fun experience but also very strange.

The shows are long and take around 2h total, and are divided in lots of smaller 15 minute segments. They are very elaborate with different background lighting, costumes, always multiple dancers on stage who basically deliver a setup for the strip-show of the main protagonist of this segment. Main girl of the segment strips down at the end and moves forward to a small rotating stage that's within the audience. Show always ends with different poses of her rotating while showing more or less obvious her pussy and older Japanese gentlemen clapping to the reveal :D

So like mentioned above very glitzy and elaborate shows. Nudity is only a smaller part of the overall performance, but I think it was really cool.

Reactions: Maxblack
Thanks guys, both sound good for what I think he wants to see. I guess we’ll end up at the one we’re closer to at that time. Plus if he really enjoys it, we may go both!😁 Any other recommendations?

Reactions: Alice
You can consider Shinjuku New Art in Kakubikicho, it's part of the Rockza chain but is less big and glitzy compared to the Asakusa location and has more of an underground hole-in-the-wall feel. I've never been to the Shibuya theater, but the description posted above sounds exactly the same as New Art.

If you and your friend are looking for an advanced strip theater topic, you can try an amateur show. The one at DX Tohji in Kyoto runs 20 days per month and has been reviewed on this site. The amateur group girls are on average less attractive and less fit than the typical strip dancers, but there are many (paid) opportunities to kiss and touch the performers throughout the show, and some interesting activities on the stage.

The only other active amateur show I know is Honey Trap at Kurihashi Live Theater, about an hour’s train ride outside of Tokyo. They are performing now through the end of January. I went once a few years back and had a great time even with minimal Japanese capability. The local patrons were excited to have a foreign visitor at the venue and helped me navigate some of the interactions. The venue was rustic and the interactions with the girls were more tame than at Kyoto, but there were a couple of good dancers and all 8 performers were naked. It’s worth a Saturday afternoon train ride for a strip theater enthusiast.

You can consider Shinjuku New Art in Kakubikicho, it's part of the Rockza chain but is less big and glitzy compared to the Asakusa location and has more of an underground hole-in-the-wall feel. I've never been to the Shibuya theater, but the description posted above sounds exactly the same as New Art.
Thank you, I’ll add that location to my list.

If you and your friend are looking for an advanced strip theater topic, you can try an amateur show. The one at DX Tohji in Kyoto runs 20 days per month and has been reviewed on this site. The amateur group girls are on average less attractive and less fit than the typical strip dancers, but there are many (paid) opportunities to kiss and touch the performers throughout the show, and some interesting activities on the stage.

The only other active amateur show I know is Honey Trap at Kurihashi Live Theater, about an hour’s train ride outside of Tokyo. They are performing now through the end of January. I went once a few years back and had a great time even with minimal Japanese capability. The local patrons were excited to have a foreign visitor at the venue and helped me navigate some of the interactions. The venue was rustic and the interactions with the girls were more tame than at Kyoto, but there were a couple of good dancers and all 8 performers were naked. It’s worth a Saturday afternoon train ride for a strip theater enthusiast.
Thank you, sounds like fun. Unfortunately, probably too far on this trip. Any experience with Carnival in Kamata?

I haven’t been to Carnival. From the website, it appears to be a cabaret with sexy dances and choreography but likely no nudity. Nest in Shinjuku is such a venue. There are fixed show times for the dancing. In between show time, the dancers sit and chat with customers similar to a snack bar.

I have been to Asakusa Rockza once. It's more of an artsy feel. It might not appeal to some though if he just wants to watch for the girls, I would highly recommend it.

Reactions: Papa and Danbo
Rockza Kawasaki

Anyone who has been to the Kawasaki location?
Just been there last April 4. Bigger and more spacious than Shinjuku New Art, and there are fixed front seats at both sides of the revolving stage where as there are no fixed seats at Shinjuku New Art.

But there is one big change in strip club behavior everyone must know since Japan reopened to tourists late last year so I resumed visiting Japan again, during the polaroid/photo op part after each set where guests pay 500 yen to take polaroid or digicam picture of the girl.. the girl now only strip down to her panties.. Since I started watching strip clubs regularly since 2009, the girl used to strip fully nude during the pictorial until 2019, doing all sorts of either open leg or spread pussy poses using her hands when requested by the guest..to the delight of those sitting on front.
Not sure what happened whether it is Covid thing or a scandal happened.. but so far all strip clubs I visited in Tokyo and even in Kawasaki the girl does not strip fully nude anymore to pose for pictures..so it is not a single club or a single prefecture law.. but seems to be nationwide.

Anyone have any idea what happened that the rules suddenly change post pandemic?

Just been there last April 4. Bigger and more spacious than Shinjuku New Art, and there are fixed front seats at both sides of the revolving stage where as there are no fixed seats at Shinjuku New Art.

But there is one big change in strip club behavior everyone must know since Japan reopened to tourists late last year so I resumed visiting Japan again, during the polaroid/photo op part after each set where guests pay 500 yen to take polaroid or digicam picture of the girl.. the girl now only strip down to her panties.. Since I started watching strip clubs regularly since 2009, the girl used to strip fully nude during the pictorial until 2019, doing all sorts of either open leg or spread pussy poses using her hands when requested by the guest..to the delight of those sitting on front.
Not sure what happened whether it is Covid thing or a scandal happened.. but so far all strip clubs I visited in Tokyo and even in Kawasaki the girl does not strip fully nude anymore to pose for pictures..so it is not a single club or a single prefecture law.. but seems to be nationwide.

Anyone have any idea what happened that the rules suddenly change post pandemic?

Maybe fully nude + pictures is a problem under some new law? I have no idea, went to Rockza in Asakusa when it was all still the old way, but as far as I can remember it was only the show, no picture taking like you mentioned 🤷🏼‍♂️

Maybe fully nude + pictures is a problem under some new law? I have no idea, went to Rockza in Asakusa when it was all still the old way, but as far as I can remember it was only the show, no picture taking like you mentioned 🤷🏼‍♂️
Asakusa Rockza is the only one different without a photo op and an open show as last routine. It is all dance. That is why I no longer return there.. The rest of the strip club follows this pattern.. around 4 songs then photo op, then open show... It is still all the way except the photo op.. the open show in the end is where the girl moves around the stage doing several open leg positions for everyone to see.. some just do open leg positions, while some do open their pussy with their fingers.. with the latter becoming more common now maybe to make up for the photo op not being all the way anymore... those are the 2 finale routes that are missing at Asakusa Rockza.. as it is only strictly dances there.

The photo op being no longer all the way anymore is a great loss.. as for most girls this is the only time you will see their pussy fully spread when a guest shooting the picture requests for it, as well as it is nice to see them fully naked while interacting with the guests lining up and taking pictures of them... and with the normal lights on.. so you will fully see her body the way it is without any blue light that is on during the dance performance...

It has been that way since I started going to Japan regularly to watch these shows on 2009 (even earlier as I only started watching on 2010), up to the my last trip in 2019 before the pandemic started.. so when Japan reopened and I returned last Dec 2022... I got surprised they are no longer all the way during photo shoots.

I read before that many many years ago, after a set, the dancer choses a guy from the audience and have sex with him on stage after dance for everyone to see.. but that was a long time ago.

It seems it is getting tamer as time goes by.

i was in Rockza Asakusa just yesterday .. 7 dances + 1 intro + 1 finale dance. almost a 2H show. first time so i can not compare it to the acts before.

place was full. young men, old men, couples, with a lot more girls (20's - 30's) than i expected.

the open show in the end is where the girl moves around the stage doing several open leg positions for everyone to see.. some just do open leg positions, while some do open their pussy with their fingers.. with the latter becoming more common now maybe to make up for the photo op not being all the way anymore... those are the 2 finale routes that are missing at Asakusa Rockza.. as it is only strictly dances there.

during the routine, most dancers do the full leg spread, some dancers do a more sensual/discreet spreed. no one was manually (using their fingers) opening their kitty lips.

yeah, there was no photoshoot after the finale. they have official photos for sale now, 1000yen, at the bar area. i could not recall if these were autographed though.

Thank you for the update. If the show didn’t include fully nude women, then we would have passed on the show. Thanks again and any other recommendations are appreciated!

Been a couple years since I've been to any strip shows but I went to Dotonbori in Shibuya and Mikado in Ikebukuro semi regularly for a while a few years ago (pre-COVID).
One thing I noticed when I went is that the number of "hipsters" as well as girls in the crowd was a bit higher than I had anticipated.
Seemed like about 40% hardcore fans / 20% old guys / 20% hipsters and 20% female fans.
I also saw some Twitter accounts and even zines (self-published mini magazines) focused on visiting strip shows as a female fan.

The change in fan demographics (along with possible changes in legislation etc) might explain why the shows are focusing more on costumes/choreo/etc rather than exhibition.
Still a fun night out as long as you go in knowing more or less what you're in for!

The change in fan demographics

very much likely

i will have free time soon, so i'll probably visit the other Rockza venues nearish me .. 2 of the girls I saw at Asakusa will be at the Yokohama/Hinodecho venue around month end.

Reactions: BIPSY
My older friend and I did go to Asakusa Rockza And we enjoyed it. Like many have mentioned, it’s a choreographed dance show with costumes, plus nudity towards the end of each girls dance routine. While there was a total of 10 girls who came out on stage, only 7 did individual dances and got nude.

The girls were all very fit and good dancers. The routines were well rehearsed, classy and total showtime was about 1:50. There were approximately 50 people of all ages in attendance, includIng 5 women. My friend got the 2,000 yen discount for being above 65, and was very happy that I took him there.

While I enjoyed this show, it’s a one time viewing for me. Like Alice, I prefer seeing pussy up close. That, I can see over & over again! 😋