Drinking B vitamin drinks with beer?

TokyoJoeblow

TAG Member
Reaction score
So I keep reading articles about how if you drink alcohol, your body will need some vitamin B due to alcohol flushing vitamin B from the body.

I used to drink these the morning after a night of drinking with breakfast or hours after drinking.

I'm considering just drinking one at the same time with a beer...does anyone do this?

Does it help avoid dehydration or a hangover or does it keep the alcohol from really working altogether?

Well, that's a funny choice as Vitamin B is the only vitamin beer already has in it. And yeah, the alcohol in the same beer cancels pretty much all it's effects.

It doesn't help with dehydration or hangover a bit. Just remember to use lots of water during the night and before you go to sleep and you should be if not all right at least better.

Reactions: TokyoJoeblow
Well, that's a funny choice as Vitamin B is the only vitamin beer already has in it. And yeah, the alcohol in the same beer cancels pretty much all it's effects.

It doesn't help with dehydration or hangover a bit. Just remember to use lots of water during the night and before you go to sleep and you should be if not all right at least better.

Yes I know vitamin B is in beer, but I was just wondering if taking a sudden large amount of vitamin B with beer would upset my stomach.

I make sure to avoid dehydration with water when I drink definitely.

I prefer to just not drink beer at all.

Scotch tastes better.

Not my taste but you're being an ass :)

Then again ass tastes better than scotch or beer.

But as always I hate choosing and limits so why not taste all?

Reactions: Lukes and Frenchy
I'm wondering if what the OP meant was niacin (Vitamin B3) deficiency. I think you need to drink tons of beer to develop niacin deficiency.

I don't drink much, but I take 500 mg of niacin daily, before going to bed, partly hoping to improve my ED :sorry: