Economist article about the impact of demographics on p4p in Japan

Worked fine for me

For me too, very good article (but I could feel the writer didnt go very far in terms of ...hmmmm... field research :D). Thanks Ww.

Reactions: impish
Reactions: Wwanderer
I don't think it's very good. Someone read an English translation of a shukan and then added some stuff about herbivores, cuddle and maid cafes.

My thoughts exactly after reading it. This kind of reporting would be better if they at least read the original Japanese articles and not just the translations.

I’ve read the article and I think it’s nothing new.
As always talking about how the Japanese are not interested in sex or dating. It’s been going on for years.
Then there’s probably a bit of truth to it. Of course it doesnt apply to all Japanese but I would bet that indeed this country has on average a sexless life (not just marriage) problem bigger than most others. Vatican would always be the worse-ranked though.

Reactions: Yuriko
You mean I'm not supposed to? Darn, I thought that was the standard dress code. ;):LOL:

Very disappointing indeed. I know cosplay karaoke where they would not make such a fuss about it. :D

That's one of the things I found most interesting/amusing about that article - where are these "10,000yen" soaplands he's referring to? ;):LOL:

In Kannai, Yokohama. Or actually they are 9,995 for 50 mins. Don't get too excited though, gaijins don't need to apply.

Reactions: AMcguyver
That's one of the things I found most interesting/amusing about that article - where are these "10,000yen" soaplands he's referring to? ;):LOL:
30 minutes course at putit royal?

Or maybe they got soapland and mat health mixed up since they just thought its a wet massage, but still doesn't explain the bikinis plus yoshiwara doesn't have mat healths.

Its like they saw a picture of a girl in bikini with "10.000 yen" written under it and based their whole theory on that.

In Kannai, Yokohama. Or actually they are 9,995 for 50 mins. Don't get too excited though, gaijins don't need to apply.

I thought maybe the author had soaplands confused with fashion health places like NYNY. Didn't realize there actually were soaplands at that price range. ;)

I thought maybe the author had soaplands confused with fashion health places like NYNY. Didn't realize there actually were soaplands at that price range. ;)

You need to go outside of Tokyo for the 10k soaplands but there are actually plenty. All the ones I visited years ago in Okinawa charged that during the daytime too. And all the girls I met were from Tokyo area. :p

Obviously one would not expect to get nuru massage, haiku composed especially for you nor an extensive shamisen concert with that pricing. Basically what you get is a Chinese MP service with a Japanese girl.

You need to go outside of Tokyo for the 10k soaplands but there are actually plenty. All the ones I visited years ago in Okinawa charged that during the daytime too. And all the girls I met were from Tokyo area. :p
Putit royal starts at 10.000, so not per se.

Also there was one in Ikebukuro for short time 10.000.

Obviously one would not expect to get nuru massage, haiku composed especially for you nor an extensive shamisen concert with that pricing. Basically what you get is a Chinese MP service with a Japanese girl.

Ok then no interest. Shamisen-play is why I would go to such establishments.