Guest viewing is limited

Entry level work in Japan

modernliving

TAG Member
Reaction score
Lets say Visa is a non-issue. Is there work to be found for those who do not speak the language? Specifically work that doesn't require experience.

Do you have any skills or experience?

Lets say Visa is a non-issue. Is there work to be found for those who do not speak the language? Specifically work that doesn't require experience.
If you are a native English speaker or at least very fluent, Eikaiwa (one to one English teaching) basically demands that you don’t use Japanese.

Reactions: LKjdklfje64j
If you are a native English speaker or at least very fluent, Eikaiwa (one to one English teaching) basically demands that you don’t use Japanese.

Most of the big companies take only native speakers. I have a friend who is university qualified English teacher and when she applied she lost to an Australian beach bum because she is not native speaker. :D

Most of the big companies take only native speakers. I have a friend who is university qualified English teacher and when she applied she lost to an Australian beach bum because she is not native speaker. :D
Yeah so unfair >.<
I also have a friend who is looking for a job (to sponsor visa) but she has lots of trouble as a non native speaker...
But OP could try a smaller company, or use sites to find clients for freelance language lessons since he doesn’t need visa sponsorship.

I think the Hemsworths and Jackmans of the world make Australians look good, but the truth is, most Australians talk like bogans.

Not true.

Many are even worse.

Not true.

Many are even worse.

I was going to say not true, ALL of them speak like bogans. Then I remembered I met one Australian who didn't. He received his citizenship the day before so he too does by now probably.

Reactions: Sudsy
While trying to make fun of "uncultured redneck Aussies" I think some posters here just presented themselves as bigoted narrow minded types instead.

While trying to make fun of "uncultured redneck Aussies" I think some posters here just presented themselves as bigoted narrow minded types instead.

Who's making fun of them? That direct earthiness that's so common is one of the things that I absolutely love about Australia and Australian people.

Take my comment as admiration and affection!