Guest viewing is limited

Even After X amount of years in Japan I'll never get used to____

Wait, didn’t you guys invent le super cool Minitel but couldn’t really sell it outside of France (except to Ireland)?
Wow! We sold it to Ireland?!
Yeah well it was a commercial failure like a lot of the stuff done with state support, but for a brief period of time in the early 80s millions of French people could have poorly worded news and cringy sex chats over something resembling the internet , we were pioneers of this brave new age

Wow! We sold it to Ireland?!
Yeah well it was a commercial failure like a lot of the stuff done with state support, but for a brief period of time in the early 80s millions of French people could have poorly worded news and cringy sex chats over something resembling the internet , we were pioneers of this brave new age
Actually, you guys are not too bad in selling military tech to the world. According to SIPRI, you are the 3rd largest exporter of arms in 2018. Bien joué. Vive Thales! Vive Naval!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arms_industry#World's_largest_arms_exporters

ssshhhh I’m fine with people thinking we are just a bunch of lazy snobby idiots only good at making Vuitton bags and stinky cheeses

So we are not supposed to tell them that we also have some companies selling mass monitoring and censoring systems to countries like Lybia ? ... well it's been a few years now but...

So we are not supposed to tell them that we also have some companies selling mass monitoring and censoring systems to countries like Lybia ? ... well it's been a few years now but...
Never heard of this. I thought it was more a Chinese specialty.

Cyclists here are just 乱暴. Got "run over" on the sidewalk today for the 3rd time this year.
Town planner here should look and learn how it's done in Amsterdam or Copenhagen.

Town planner here should look and learn how it's done in Amsterdam or Copenhagen.
Ummm... town planners? What mythical manner of beast would that be?

Ummm... town planners? What mythical manner of beast would that be?

To understand that is a creature from a fairy tale like Santa or an honest real estate agent all you need to do is look around. There is no drug so good you'd be able to plan anything similar than what we have in Tokyo.

Reactions: just4fun and Sudsy
To understand that is a creature from a fairy tale like Santa or an honest real estate agent all you need to do is look around. There is no drug so good you'd be able to plan anything similar than what we have in Tokyo.
In Amsterdam they are high all the time and are still more capable.

In Amsterdam they are high all the time and are still more capable.

Just proves my point; there is no drug strong enough to get us what Tokyo offers.

Reactions: just4fun
I think you must be pretty high to write such nonsense.

My apologies for not being able to fulfill the expectations of the high level of discussion you have been providing to this forum.

Not so mythical, you can even study this shit here
http://www.due.t.u-tokyo.ac.jp/english/intro/outline/
L85IbAt.jpg

My mom? I mean, if you REALLY want to stick your unit in an urn full of ashes and pulverized bone that's up to you, but I gotta think it'd be kind of scratchy and not a lot of fun....
Well Keith Richards snorted a bit of his dad that way

Reactions: shadowboxer
My mom? I mean, if you REALLY want to stick your unit in an urn full of ashes and pulverized bone that's up to you, but I gotta think it'd be kind of scratchy and not a lot of fun....
Any experience you wanna share?

C'mon @Sudsy I think that was a pretty good come back.:D

Even after decades of listening to US and UK stand-up comedians I still don't get used to their "your mom" -jokes. I mean if someone said to any of my friends "your mom so fat..." they would just reply "oh, I didn't know you met her".

Then again my mama wore army boots, probably even while I was being made.

Reactions: shadowboxer
C'mon @Sudsy I think that was a pretty good come back.:D
Or I'm just a simpleton!

Generally, only Americans find "yo momma" jokes particularly funny. Outside of the US, they get yawns for the most part.

Except in Ireland... rather amusing to see an American try a "momma" line on an Irishman.

If you're the kind of person who finds vicious beatings amusing, that is.