Ex-PM Abe in critical condition after being shot while campaigning in Nara, Now Dead.

If they want to start investigate sects in Japan, they will have a hell of a job…

If they want to start investigate sects in Japan, they will have a hell of a job…
I don't think the government will, but media and other social entities may dig deeper. If anything, it will help expose the brainwashing and help or even stop people from giving their life savings away to this crazy nonsense.

It’s insane how many idiots are paying for this shit in this country. At least with the main religions the nonsense is much cheaper.

I used to hang out with a girl here stateside whose mother was from Japan, and apparently a member of what sounded to me like nutjob cult. From what I recall (and this is a two-decade-old memory tainted by reefer and Keystone Light), once a year she would travel back to Japan, to the middle of fucking nowhere and go running through the forest all night, screaming like a banshee on meth. They apparently worship some woman who did something similar, long, long ago. Maybe someone here knows which cult this is? I suppose the modern version of that is when some 37yo neurotic office worker lady gets ghosted for the tenth time by some 25yo Famima cashier, gets high on Lipovitan and Pocari Sweat, goes running up a mountain and jumps off a cliff. But really, Japanese being the way they are, I'd figure Japan is very fertile ground for twisted cults. I always thought I'd make a fine cult leader. And I'm still relatively young. Hmmm??

I used to hang out with a girl here stateside whose mother was from Japan, and apparently a member of what sounded to me like nutjob cult. From what I recall (and this is a two-decade-old memory tainted by reefer and Keystone Light), once a year she would travel back to Japan, to the middle of fucking nowhere and go running through the forest all night, screaming like a banshee on meth. They apparently worship some woman who did something similar, long, long ago. Maybe someone here knows which cult this is? I suppose the modern version of that is when some 37yo neurotic office worker lady gets ghosted for the tenth time by some 25yo Famima cashier, gets high on Lipovitan and Pocari Sweat, goes running up a mountain and jumps off a cliff. But really, Japanese being the way they are, I'd figure Japan is very fertile ground for twisted cults. I always thought I'd make a fine cult leader. And I'm still relatively young. Hmmm??

you could take over Aum Shinrikyo or whatever it’s called now . But instead of spraying sarin in the subway do it with Costco vodka!

you could take over Aum Shinrikyo or whatever it’s called now . But instead of spraying sarin in the subway do it with Costco vodka!

That has probably killed way more people though.

"Japan will hold a state funeral in the autumn for former Prime Minister Shinzo Abe, who was fatally shot last week on the campaign trail, Prime Minister Fumio Kishida said Thursday. The funeral, expected to be fully state-funded, will be dedicated to Abe for the "excellent leadership and implementation skills" he showed during his eight years and eight months in office that made him the longest-serving Japanese prime minister, Kishida said, although opposition party lawmakers quickly warned not all people support the plan."

https://japantoday.com/category/pol...d-state-funeral-this-fall-for-slain-ex-pm-abe

"Japan will hold a state funeral in the autumn for former Prime Minister Shinzo Abe, who was fatally shot last week on the campaign trail, Prime Minister Fumio Kishida said Thursday. The funeral, expected to be fully state-funded, will be dedicated to Abe for the "excellent leadership and implementation skills" he showed during his eight years and eight months in office that made him the longest-serving Japanese prime minister, Kishida said, although opposition party lawmakers quickly warned not all people support the plan."

https://japantoday.com/category/pol...d-state-funeral-this-fall-for-slain-ex-pm-abe
They think it will be at the Budokan.

Reactions: AsiaHand
I've already been contacted and asked to sign a petition against it.
But I really don't give a toss.

Much happier to be looking forward to a great afternoon of rugby.

Frenchy, you missed out on Dylan and Cheap Trick. For them, it was At Budokan. You can also say At the Budokan. That of course is since you are referencing Live albums.
… and countless bootlegs , yes
Actually I never watched a rock show at Budokan and I regret it. Heard the ambiance and acoustics are better than Tokyo Dome

Actually I never watched a rock show at Budokan and I regret it. Heard the ambiance and acoustics are better than Tokyo Dome
Anything is better than Tokyo Dome

Helluva experience! I am glad I went to a couple of concerts in my 20s.

I just don’t think that they police there were even on the level as those Uvalde conscripts. I feel like if you look at all angles, each man that could have done something didn’t, which leads me to believe that none of them held the idea that their duty was to sacrifice their life for Abe as the ones in the back with a clear view did nothing. The ones on the sidewalk interviews admitted that they saw something but did nothing. And still yet, others way before that knew of the grudge, yet did nothing. Two tried and failed. Others reacted to the situation.

Uvalde police officers did nothing at all. Only one border patrol agent who supposedly had a kid in the school acted. I don’t think the Nara police are even in that level.

By the sounds of it, they thought it was a bomb. It’s possible that the first blast dazed many of them. The only person to move was a photographer. Even after the first blast, only 2 reacted. The others were in “what’s going on made”. In Uvalde, the police were looking at cell phones and laughing. In Nara, they were at least trying to block whatever with their tote bags. At least they tried something.

So I say damn shame that Abe is dead!

I just don’t think that they police there were even on the level as those Uvalde conscripts. I feel like if you look at all angles, each man that could have done something didn’t, which leads me to believe that none of them held the idea that their duty was to sacrifice their life for Abe as the ones in the back with a clear view did nothing. The ones on the sidewalk interviews admitted that they saw something but did nothing. And still yet, others way before that knew of the grudge, yet did nothing. Two tried and failed. Others reacted to the situation.

Uvalde police officers did nothing at all. Only one border patrol agent who supposedly had a kid in the school acted. I don’t think the Nara police are even in that level.

By the sounds of it, they thought it was a bomb. It’s possible that the first blast dazed many of them. The only person to move was a photographer. Even after the first blast, only 2 reacted. The others were in “what’s going on made”. In Uvalde, the police were looking at cell phones and laughing. In Nara, they were at least trying to block whatever with their tote bags. At least they tried something.

So I say damn shame that Abe is dead!

… and you can bet that in both cases conspiracy theorists will have a field day