Guest viewing is limited

Facial hair

shaddowiffer

TAG Member
Reaction score
In preparation to my up coming trip, I've been doing some research to increase the likelihood of success while exploring the streets. I've been hitting the gym for a around 6 months now and am in pretty good shape. However, in my upper 20's the hair on my head has started to thin, and due to a high stress job, retreated several inches. To compensate I grew out my beard; and that's good enough for the girls here in the West, but I constantly see and read about Japanese girls not liking facial hair. What are your guys thoughts, does this rule loosen with foreign guys, or even with my thinning hair I would have better luck going clean shaven?

From what I have seen, Japanese girls are fine with beards on foreigners as long as it looks clean and taken care of. So no neckbeards or looking like a hobo.

They really don't like it on Japanese guys, tho. As for the bald head...no clue.

In my opinion, you’d be better off clean shaven. Japanese women don’t particularly fancy the facial hair. It scratches and hurts and you are less likely to get any additional play outside of the standard menu, that includes something as simple as a kiss on the cheek with facial hair. I’ve been to a few providers multiple times, and I’ve always received better service clean shaven.

Also, preferences aside, again in my opinion they just consider clean shaven people more hygienic than unclean.

Most Japanese girls seem to like clean shaven.
But Japanese girls who are into Foreign guys are ok with decent facial hair. Some really like it.

Reactions: Alice
I always imagine it the other way round. Is it fun to eat out a girl who is all natural and unshaven? I personally don't like it that much...so I can imagine how much girl must enjoy making out with a guy who has a beard 🤣

so I can imagine how much girl must enjoy making out with a guy who has a beard 🤣

Beard upstairs or downstairs? Anyway based on my own not scientifically validated experiences girls like clean shaved jaws but have a strong dislike for bald guys.

I'm in a slightly different boat as I'm 100% ethnically Japanese so I'm held to a different standard, but every single girl I ever dated in Japan was repulsed when I went even a day without shaving and tried kissing them (face or elsewhere) with stubble on. Granted, I hail from the alcoholic backwoods of southern Honshu and have a full beard of thick black bristles but I don't believe I ever met a Japanese girl who found facial hair attractive on Japanese males.

Now, with gaijin hunters...who knows? Those are a batshit, dysfunctional, damaged bunch and are into all sorts of deviant fetishes. I mean, if Brad Pitt and Ben Affleck and P Diddy all sport goatees, it stands to reason that there would be girls into that look. Hell, one of my old drinking buddies was this violent, alcoholic scumbag from the slums of London who went bald in his 20s, kept a cleanly-shaven head and was quite muscular--all "bad" things for males in Japan. That said, he used to get laid pretty regularly by fucked up gaijin hunters who had crushes on Vin Diesel (Fast-Furious was popular at that time) and just wanted to fuck a bald, muscular gaijin.

But you're better off playing it safe. Facial hair is like genital warts in Japan. A girl who sees it isn't putting her mouth on it.

This man dates in Japan as a local.
Us bald white guys get called Bruce Willis and whatnot so we play by different rules. Grow it where we can!

Beard upstairs or downstairs? Anyway based on my own not scientifically validated experiences girls like clean shaved jaws but have a strong dislike for bald guys.
If either of those are true it really puts me between a rock and a hard place. The balding isn't something I can really fix, at least not in a timely manner; the beard at least balances some things.

Also, with what I'm talking about is not totally bald, just a rather large forehead. I suppose I could shave my head but my hair line has not receding to the point I want to give up on it yet. So I'm wondering if that larger than normal forehead kind of bald is a big turn off, there is still hair up there I can work with lol.
As for the beard, they are necessary for western women so I've had one for so long I might just look weird to myself if it when it goes; and the large forehead and bare face combo scares me as I haven't had the balls to test it out yet

Lady at my gym is a stunningly attractive hand/foot model. Mid 30s but looks 28 at most. Huge smile, beautiful body chiseled in that gym. Short, curved, big hips well toned ass six pack waist big perky breasts…absolute goddess.
She loves Loves LOVES chunky bald dudes. She’s dating a mouth doctor (not a dentist, like an oral surgeon) who I swear to god does not own a shirt without a permanent ice cream stain on it. He got a beer gut, he’s short, balding with the WORST comb over, his skin is oily his breath is terrible his hair care routine seems to be “get it wet occasionally” and he loves those 1000 yen quickie cut shops just outside the train stations.
She is always posting instas from her bed, nearly naked, and his fat belly is peeking in from the side 9 outta 10 times.

TLDR: some ladies whom you think are totally out of your league, will think you are a God Amongst Men…you just gotta find them lol

Lady at my gym is a stunningly attractive hand/foot model. Mid 30s but looks 28 at most. Huge smile, beautiful body chiseled in that gym. Short, curved, big hips well toned ass six pack waist big perky breasts…absolute goddess.
She loves Loves LOVES chunky bald dudes. She’s dating a mouth doctor (not a dentist, like an oral surgeon) who I swear to god does not own a shirt without a permanent ice cream stain on it. He got a beer gut, he’s short, balding with the WORST comb over, his skin is oily his breath is terrible his hair care routine seems to be “get it wet occasionally” and he loves those 1000 yen quickie cut shops just outside the train stations.
She is always posting instas from her bed, nearly naked, and his fat belly is peeking in from the side 9 outta 10 times.

TLDR: some ladies whom you think are totally out of your league, will think you are a God Amongst Men…you just gotta find them lol
What an oddly inspiring story. Guess there is a reason the ugly bastard tag is so popular...
But you're right, it takes all types to make the world go round. Thanks man!

Continuing on the topic of hair, what about body hair? I don't have much but I do keep the lower regions trim so providers aren't getting a faceful of pubes. Feel like I should trim the pits and chest hair as well but can never be bothered usually.

Getting a VIO wax is kind of fun if you enjoy a lovely professional lady probing your nether parts and causing various levels of agony.