Guest viewing is limited

Familiar with Nishiogikita?

Rusty Shackleford

TAG Member
Reaction score
Hello, fellow Taggers.

I am lucky enough to finally have the opportunity to spend an extended period in Tokyo! I am looking at a rental in Nishiogikita and was wondering if anyone here has first hand experience with the area as I've never been any further than Nakano on the Chuo line.

Seems like a nice area from what I can tell. Close to Shinjuku but far enough out to be a quieter semi-residential town.

Curious to hear if you have any thoughts. Thanks everyone!

It's a working class residential area. Literally nothing else to say about it.

A few good live houses by the station if you like noisy music.
Used to be, but a lot of them are gone, some of them relocating to Shimo and Daita. Even the Clockwork Orange bar (Korova) closed up years ago.

Reactions: Alice
Used to be, but a lot of them are gone, some of them relocating to Shimo and Daita. Even the Clockwork Orange bar (Korova) closed up years ago.
Well, our taste might be different.
There still is, was there just a few days ago.

But I let you have the last word so please post that below this post!

Reactions: Sudsy
Nishiogi is cool - Chuo line is convenient getting in and out of town and you’re correct in thinking it’s pretty quiet and residential.

Last time I looked (several years ago) it’s closeness to Kichijoji seemed to drive the rent prices there up a little more than I’d really want to pay for being that far out of town - I remember prices on the whole being higher than Asagaya (which is a few stops closer to Shinjuku) but that might not be the case for the place you’re looking at.

A few good live houses by the station if you like noisy music.

I think I know exactly which ones you’re referring to haha - definitely one of the few things to do “in” Nishiogi as opposed to “nearby” Nishiogi!

Nishiogi is cool - Chuo line is convenient getting in and out of town and you’re correct in thinking it’s pretty quiet and residential.

Last time I looked (several years ago) it’s closeness to Kichijoji seemed to drive the rent prices there up a little more than I’d really want to pay for being that far out of town - I remember prices on the whole being higher than Asagaya (which is a few stops closer to Shinjuku) but that might not be the case for the place you’re looking at.

I think I know exactly which ones you’re referring to haha - definitely one of the few things to do “in” Nishiogi as opposed to “nearby” Nishiogi!
What are the venues called? Tried looking around on maps and couldn't find anything

Reactions: Cinnabums
Very good information! Thank yous all around to everyone chiming in.

For the live music folks in the thread: Have any of you visited Bar J45 a couple streets northeast of Nishi-ogikubo station?