Guest viewing is limited

Fighting against the women-only cars in trains

RIDER 00

TAG Member
Reaction score
Seems some Japanese guys are pushing the envelope by forcefully riding the women-only cars in trains during rush hour and then filming the times when they get yelled at by the women on the trains telling them to get out. You really see the difference in how Japanese train staff act compared to staff in other countries, like the U.S.

*only in Japanese

I have heard that even when no men are riding in the women-only cars, it's still a scary place where women will yell at their female counterparts for not having good manners, etc. That's the kinda thing that was common 30 years ago when the older generation didn't hesitate to yell at a stranger in public for causing trouble. Now, it mostly just pretend not to notice.

I got on the women only carriage once by accident in morning rush hour. I was focusing on my phone too much and not aware of my surroundings. I noticed that the carriage smelled really good and i looked up. Everyone was dressed well and most people had seats. It was really pleasant. Then i realised what I had done and must have gotten an ‘oh, shit’ look of realisation on my face as one lady giggled at me. I got off at the next stop. Nobody seemed to care really.

Coming back from a photoshoot last December I made the mistake of getting into one of the women-only cars. Didn't realize it at first, 'cause I didn't see any signs or anything.

So the train starts moving and after I make sure all my stuff is together I look around and think to myself - "you know, there's a lot of good-looking women in this car". :) Then I look around some more - "uh you know, there seems to be only women in this car" :confused:

It's only then that I see the small sign on the door between the cars that says "women-only". :eek: Quickly switched cars at the next stop.

It would help dummies like me a lot if they made the signage more obvious or paint the cars pink or something :LOL:

I just about got onto one the other day - I don't normally hit the trains during rush hour, I usually head out early and grab coffee near the office, but I was running late and went into rush time. One of the staff noticed me in line and gave me a heads up, thankfully.

The guys in that vid are being pricks, though - holding up everyone's commute just to make their meaningless little stand.

I just about got onto one the other day - I don't normally hit the trains during rush hour, I usually head out early and grab coffee near the office, but I was running late and went into rush time. One of the staff noticed me in line and gave me a heads up, thankfully.

The guys in that vid are being pricks, though - holding up everyone's commute just to make their meaningless little stand.

I couldnt get the story from the youtube video but i can understand that sometimes during rush hour the othet carts are too full and some guys get into the womens carts.

Which i don't see a problem with, as a woman you should also understand that it's rush hour and people might be in a hurry to get somewhere which is more important then your "comfort" as a woman.

Because in the end the womens carts were made because a small amount of men couldn't behave and would touch the women. But why should the majority of men "suffer" from a few bad apples?

It happened all of once. Got into the coach mistakenly, then this lady 35-40 came up to me and with a smile from the skies, said in her super cute Japanese accented and grammatically very correct English. Sorry you seem to have made a mistake. This carriage is for ladies only. I shyly said I realized only after the door shut behind me that I was trapped at least for the next few minutes. A few giggles back and forth, I was kinda in love at least for that day!! LOL. the point is that she very very clearly realized it was an honest mistake. Of course the last 120 or so seconds we’re not the most comfortable of my life.

Yep. This isn't "fighting against", its just typical ore-sama selfish behavior.

but i can understand that sometimes during rush hour the othet carts are too full and some guys get into the womens carts.

people might be in a hurry to get somewhere which is more important then your "comfort" as a woman.

None of us like being packed in like sardines but boo fucking hoo about men "in a hurry". Has nothing to do with comfort for women, its about non molestation spaces. Note also that most women don't use these cars so its possible to understand that those with genuine concern or those who have been molested on trains have good reason to segregate themselves.

Because in the end the womens carts were made because a small amount of men couldn't behave and would touch the women. But why should the majority of men "suffer" from a few bad apples?

What horseshit.

I couldnt get the story from the youtube video but i can understand that sometimes during rush hour the othet carts are too full and some guys get into the womens carts.

These cars have been segregated for a very long time. It's rare for a man to end up in there accidentally - but the guys in the story weren't there accidentally, they were intentionally pushing into the women-only cars because they oppose their existence, and then refusing to get out.

Which i don't see a problem with, as a woman you should also understand that it's rush hour and people might be in a hurry to get somewhere which is more important then your "comfort" as a woman.

It's not about comfort, it's about having a space where they know they aren't going to get some asshole trying to stick his hand up her skirt or grab her tits.

Nobody's suffering because of this. The women's cars are just as packed as the mixed cars during rush hour.

And you realise that when they conducted the surveys that led to the cars being established, more than two thirds of Tokyo female high school students reported having been groped one or more times on trains in the previous year? Those cars are there for a reason.

I'm the complaining generation, maybe?? lol. I find so awkward at peek commuting time in the morning, evening and find oyagi men in women only on Chiyoda line in the past. It was so sick feeling (just a kimochi warui expression) when they were there, sleeping on the train.

I went to the guy and told,

"Hey dude, this is a women only car", he was kind enough and moved to a different car.

But I saw a few other uncommon sensed salarymen in the car. No ladies complained. Japanese in general is so obident. Funny, huh?

I claimed station master back then when I got off, and surprisingly he said,

"It's not "mandatory. It's only priority and courtesy based".

I thought,

WTF!!!

I thought, Japan is not a country with a raising sun, anymore, hense we should change the flag image. lol.

It's really sucks having guys at back sticked to your back at peak. Majority of people have no sense trying to find at their best spot, when commuting. Really Kimochi warui, but can't get away if you have 9:00-18:00 kinda job, or happened to get on at peak. Plus, trains I use currently doesn't have women only.

Oh,.BTW, women only policy is on effect for peak hours mostly, so when at mid day or some other time is likely to be non effect.

Last edited:
[QUOTE="Yuriko, post: 162955,

I claimed station master back then when I got off, and surprisingly he said

"It's not "mandatory. It's only priority and courtesy based".
.[/QUOTE]

Japan will literally bend over backwards to harm the women of this country. After living here only 2 years I know this is not home .....as a woman I can be attacked raped impregnated all kinds of scary things and I don't have any protections.

A friend was married to an abusive Japanese guy....and when she finally got away to the police and filed a report they said thanks for letting us know.....we don't get involved with family issues

The point is they should....women are attacked on the train and molested and it's clearly a nessesity not a privilege.

we don't get involved with family issues

I of course don't know about the case you are referring to but according to my police acquaintances they often do. The only thing you need to do is call them and a patrol shows up your home.

It’s a shame for Japanese culture that these things are needed. Just shows that safety on trains isn’t working and they should work on fixing the problem rather than providing a safe place.

For such a seemingly polite society, it feels like once people are inside the station gates they lose all respect for one another. People are rude and disrespectful to each other all the time, and now, in the smartphone age they just act oblivious to how they are acting.

I’ve watched someone push past a heavily pregnant woman and take the last seat in the priority seating (right under the picture of a pregnant woman). Young men (and women) just ignore women struggling with kids in arms. The other day, I even watched a guy just stand and glare as a woman’s pushchair tipped over with the kid in, never offered any assistance whatsoever.

Sometimes you just feel like Japanese people are dragged up with no manners, but then you see them outside the station and realize they just are pricks.

The guys in this video are not helping anyone, they are not a solution to the groping problem but the women should just politely but firmly eject him from the carriage then block the door.

the women should just politely but firmly eject him from the carriage then block the door.

At least those three guys were just waiting for someone to try to physically stop them so they could have a fight.

The only positive thing in that video was that the women are at least trying to fight back, shout to the pricks and tell them to get out. In the old days they would have just silently suffered.

Reactions: Spicybbw
Yep. This isn't "fighting against", its just typical ore-sama selfish behavior.

None of us like being packed in like sardines but boo fucking hoo about men "in a hurry". Has nothing to do with comfort for women, its about non molestation spaces. Note also that most women don't use these cars so its possible to understand that those with genuine concern or those who have been molested on trains have good reason to segregate themselves.

What horseshit.

I'm trying to show that there might be another side to the story because as i said i haven't understood the video because it's Japanese.

Why you need to act like an idiot?

At least those three guys were just waiting for someone to try to physically stop them so they could have a fight.

The only positive thing in that video was that the women are at least trying to fight back, shout to the pricks and tell them to get out. In the old days they would have just silently suffered.

Yeah, more power to the ladies, but that girl who let's out the scream at 1:42 gets me a little giggly. She starts out on a weird tone, so you can tell she had to break through a mental barrier to start screaming in public. Then she goes on a long rant, so she obviously has a lot of pent up frustration in her daily life. With a high pitched voice like that, I praise the guy who can make her happy.

(I'm not trying to be mean, it's just an interesting read I made from the little information the video shows about her)

Would have been nice for the train staff to act a little more manly, though. Not saying they should go all U.S. cops on the guys and taser them while dragging their screaming bodies off the train, but what's wrong with channeling a little yakuza and start yelling and screaming at the guys to get off because they're acting like effen assholes.

I'm trying to show that there might be another side to the story because as i said i haven't understood the video because it's Japanese.

Hold on a bit. So basically you are saying you don't have any idea what is going but you still demand to tell everyone your view on it and then proceed to tell people who disagree they are idiots?

Let's take a moment and let that sink for a while.

Why you need to act like an idiot?

The rest of us understood the vid and were commenting on the actual content.

I think you might be misidentifying the idiot.

I finally watched the link vid and noticed, I actually used to get on that train, and saw some men in there. Good that finally women yell at men to get off, but how stupid those men...

If they quietly get off, they got back in piece so easily. Chiyoda line's train master did say, It's not mandatory, it's a priority and courtesy based.

So ashame...

Reactions: Spicybbw
Japan will literally bend over backwards to harm the women of this country. After living here only 2 years I know this is not home .....as a woman I can be attacked raped impregnated all kinds of scary things and I don't have any protections.
Rape is way more common in most western countries than in Japan!

As a woman, you can walk in the middle of the night through a drinking area like Kabuki cho and be completely safe from rape. Bit of street harassment from FOREIGNERS mostly but thats about it.
I feel completely safe here.