Guest viewing is limited

Fighting against the women-only cars in trains

I'm going to have to back Alice up on this... I've been in touch with countless women over the years I've been in Japan and the most common thing I heard from them was being hit on or harassed excessively by someone on the street (surprise, mostly foreigners). None of them felt like they were going to be raped or attacked walking down the street at any hour of the night

As for domestic assault, rape etc (behind closed doors), yes, we know it happens... but you're not going to get randomly raped walking down the street 99% of the time.

The domestic stuff is a breakdown in society and its laws, it's just not treated the same here as it is the west.

My comment was about the trains and how women are unfairly treated here. Not just foreign women either. It''s way to common for the media to not report many crimes and for statistics to be falsified. Also society here leans to the male point of view....exhibit a....

http://www.thejournal.ie/me-too-japan-3882586-Mar2018/

So is Singapore. ...that doesn' mean it doesn' happen.

Singapore is also know for having minimal drug related crime because even a minor offense results in the death penalty.
Every country has it's own unique situation.

Reactions: Spicybbw
Singapore is also know for having minimal drug related crime because even a minor offense results in the death penalty.
Every country has it's own unique situation.

Yup this why it can also be labeled a country that is KNOWN to be safe walking late at night.

And, partly because of that, in Singapore the safeness depends on which street you are walking at night unlike in Tokyo where it is safe everywhere.

It''s way to common for the media to not report many crimes and for statistics to be falsified.

It sounds like your tinfoil hat is leaking a bit.

Reactions: warubuta
I've lived in both....and no...it''s just as safe walking around there as it us here. From boon lay to pioneer. ...it' very safe in Singapore. I don' need a tin hat. It' called facts. Sadly you gotta go outside Japan to get the whole story. Aka reason I posted that article.

I've lived in both....

Singapore is still safe and nobody was claiming anything else. Unfortunately Singapore ten years ago was even much safer than it is today.

It' called facts.

I thought those were falsified? Because the stats say Japan has 1 rape per 100 thousand people and Singapore 2.7. Both very low but still the other is, let me see, 2.7 times more than the other.

Again I've stated about that already. I'e said my peace. You can do with it what you will. Don' make no difference to me.

And, partly because of that, in Singapore the safeness depends on which street you are walking at night unlike in Tokyo where it is safe everywhere.

It sounds like your tinfoil hat is leaking a bit.

"Everywhere" sounds like a bit of a stretch. There are child molesters and other pieces of garbage lurking around in areas where the cops don't patrol frequently. Hell, I'll even reference that crazy guy who walked into a kindergarten in Osaka in 2001 and started slashing up children and teachers left and right.

"Everywhere" sounds like a bit of a stretch. There are child molesters and other pieces of garbage lurking around in areas where the cops don't patrol frequently. Hell, I'll even reference that crazy guy who walked into a kindergarten in Osaka in 2001 and started slashing up children and teachers left and right.

I think the discussion was about walking the streets at night time whether sober or not?

I sincerely hope nobody is going to claim it is safe in every place in every situation in any country or city in the world. I am pretty sure the Tomei highway is not a safe place to walk in any time of the day even without molesters.

I think the discussion was about walking the streets at night time whether sober or not?

I sincerely hope nobody is going to claim it is safe in every place in every situation in any country or city in the world. I am pretty sure the Tomei highway is not a safe place to walk in any time of the day even without molesters.

I was just saying that your statement was a bit too extreme. Crimes do happen in Japan in the middle of the night on the street in public. Just not as frequent as in many other countries. It might even be an extremely rare occurrence. I think that's the politically correct statement and let's leave it at that.

It might even be an extremely rare occurrence.

Yes, that is the dictionary definition of safe; "not likely to be harmed".

Suuuuuure

Yes, it safe to sleep on the street in Japan. You may be missing one shoe the next morning but thats probably your own fault.
I know a guy who once woke up on a bright, sunny Sunday morning curled up in a fetal position in a corner of Shiinjuku station after a night of very heavy drinking. As he slowly became conscious and came to understand where he was and what had happened, he realized that he was gripping a women's pump in each hand. They were different shoes. Both of them left shoes.

Reactions: TheScientist
and...Poof! Some posts just vanish like that. A mystery really.
I'll choose to believe @TokyoJoeblow had a change of heart.... (or rather, tried some of that spicy ass :joyful:)