50 minutes / 25k yen (5k gaijin tax)

Booking Method:
Walk-In

Date of Encounter:
October 2023

Language Notes:
English/Japanese Mix

Narrative of the Encounter:

Continuing from my first post regarding my failed exploration of Fukuhara, Kobe where I was denied entry from most of the best shops there.

Special thanks to @Goshogawara who seems to be the only expert of this area whose posts about Ogoto helped me to believe that I should go to explore Ogoto.

After three wonderful first soapland experiences I had with Kira Kira Yokohama, I couldn't accept my fate that I didn't get to try soapland here in Kansai. I still love Tobita, Matsushima, and Imazato. They have their own unique qualities. But I also wanted to have access to soapland here in Kansai whenever I want to.

Woke up in the morning the following day from that Fukuhara trip, searching on Google map with keyword "soapland near X" around Kansai area. Discovered that there are three options the nearest I could go to apart from Fukuhara: Takamatsu, Wakayama, and Ogoto. Takamatsu is a bit out of reach. Still possible if I get myself the wonderful Kansai Wide Area Pass. But I didn't have much time left here in Japan. There are not many soaplands in Wakayama (as compared to the rest). I have been always a fan of Shiga area around Lake Biwa. It's beautiful there. So I decided that I should go to explore there.

Went to the JR station in Osaka with the intention to purchase the 1 day Kansai Area Pass so that I can save myself time by taking Haruka from Osaka to Kyoto and then change to a local train to Ogoto. But alas, they had stopped selling at the counter by last September. I almost decided to call off the plan as I didn't want to talk a local train from Osaka to Kyoto. But I decided to go anyway. I went to Osaka station and took a special rapid service bound for Otsu. It turned out that it was quite fast. Faster actually than if taking Hankyu or Keihan. I changed to a local train at Yamanashi station. Some special rapid trains pass Heizan sakamoto station or Ogotoonsen station. So you have to check where it bounds to the final destination. But the easiest is just to take local train from Yamanashi station.

I alighted at Ogotoonsen station. I chose this station instead of the Heizan Sakamoto station because of two reasons. First, I wanted to take the free shuttle bus to Agaryanse super sento. Second, if I missed the bus, I could just walk. But alas, I missed the shuttle bus. The next one was quite long. I was contemplating whether I should just walk. But I didn't want to exhaust myself because the real battle (exploring the area and talking to the shops) is still there. So I decided to take a taxi. "Agaryanse made onegaishimasu!". I wanted to say "Ogoto soapland made onegaishimasu". But I decided to go to Agaryanse and walked from there. It costs exactly 1000 yen.

Arrived at the entrance of Ogoto soapland. I always find it interesting and overwhelming when I enter a soapland area be it in Yoshiwara, Fukuhara and here in Ogoto. The reason is because it is massive!

A quick summary of my report (I will continue the narrative after this):
1. I visited around 7 shops. Only one denied me outright. So I guess, gaijin friendly?
2. Most shops charged gaijin tax. It ranges from 2.5k, 5k, 10k to the most absurd I was told 20k (50 minutes normal price there is below 20k, so the gaijin tax is higher than the actual fee, I thought what the ..)

Narrative continues:

I decided to walk one round. Many guys were calling me out. I initially guessed they just didn't notice I was gaijin. I didn't entertain most of them until one guy from Barubola Marine Blue Ogoto kept on calling me. And he asked me which shop I wanted to go to. I decided to talk to him.

Barubola Guy: "Konnichiwa".
Me: "Konnichiwa. Gaikokujin desu. Ii desuka?"
Barubola Guy: "Ii desuyo"
Me: (am I listening it correctly? After those multiple rejections I got in Fukuhara, I needed time to process this)
#Some more exchanges between me and the Barubola guy. I was telling him that it is my first time in Ogoto, etc#
Me: "Gaijin ryokin imasuka?" (I don't really know the correct or best Japanese for this. But he understood).
Barubola Guy: Imasuyo. Why don't we just enter the shop first. I will show you. (In Japanese)
Me: "Onegaishimasu"

I sat down. He came up with one picture. And a list of price. 29k (5k gaijin tax). In hindsight, I should have just chosen the provider from this Barubola. She is my type. Her name is Minami Nanase. But because my objective was to explore the area first to get high level understanding of Ogoto, I told the shop "Please let me think about it" (in Japanese).

I continued walking.

I basically visited around 5-7 shops with the same theme. I asked if foreigner is ok and if there is gaijin tax and if yes, how much. I choose not to continue the narrative and straight to the main review because otherwise this post will be very long!

After a long walk of intelligence gathering, I somehow landed at Kinpeipai, the main shop of this review.

They first opened 10k for the gaijin tax. I told them my budget is 5k. They talked behind me, and said it's ok. Please enter. I was seated. There were other 3 Japanese customers waiting. I thought this shop can't be that bad. There are Japanese customers here. The guy came back to me. And wrote to me using a translation app "If you pay another 5k, you will get a more beautiful girl". I declined. He understood and told me to wait. And finally the time came, they said the girl was ready. There where I met Kikka.

I'm not very good at describing the details of the service. But had it not been because of Kikka, I would have believed that I had hit a landmine with this shop. Kikka, not the prettiest, but tried her best to give me the best GFE. I had a pleasant time. But my main satisfaction was derived more from me exploring and understanding the soaplands in Ogoto rather than the actual soapland service.

After the service ended, I asked the shop if they offered a free service to send me to the station because I know most shops do. They were initially a bit hesitant. I guess they wanted me to wait for other customers and send all of us together. But one guy decided to send me off immediately to the station.

Conclusion: My main objective of this review is to give a broad overview of Ogoto as an option for soapland for those who are in Kansai area. And less about specific provider and specific shop in Ogoto. I put "Not Recommended" because I have a special preference for level of hospitality from the shop which I found didn't match with my standard. Out of the 7 shops I talked to, they were the least friendly. I chose them because the girls in the roasters look hot. It is not about the provider. Kikka is a great provider. Thanks to her, I had a pleasant (not disapponting) first experience in Ogoto soapland.

I recommend Kikka from Kinpeipai.
But I can not recommend Kinpeipai. It may work for other members. But it didn't work for me. And I would rather try other shops in Ogoto when I come back there again next time.

Review Independence: Was this review requested by the Soapland?:
No, this review was written without a request from the Soapland or their provider.

Final Thoughts:
Not Recommended.

Closing Comments:

Last edited:
Thank you for your review submission!

Approved: 11/13/2023

Thanks for the detailed review, i like this style to focus more on the exploration.

May i know what made your way into this shop despite you claimed that is "not recommended", please?

It was just one of the many shops I visited on that day. And it just happened that it was the last one.

"Not recommended" because I felt the customer service (of the front staff) was not good enough.

But it has nothing to do with the provider.

The Lady I used to visit at Gold Queen actually moved to Kinpeipai afterwards. She's not on the roster anymore, most likely dropped out of the business, so there was no opportunity for a reunion. Which would have been awkward as she gave me a STD the last time I saw her in spring 2019.
Thank you for bringing up the memories. The pilgrimage to Ogoto used to be an important part of my travel itineraries for years.

Reactions: tobatdaku