First song of your day

Sudsy

Forever blowing bubbles....
Contributor License
Reaction score
Inspired by a post from another place I frequent... what was the first song you heard today?

(Not necessarily the first one you played)

So this was the first one I heard today. Had to use Shazam to figure out what is this band.

Works as a Japanese language lesson too: hirahira, sakusaku, biribiri, muzamuza, boroboro, jirijiri, omeome, shirajira.

Though even Shazam failed to explain how in the hell that song was stored in my car's music system?

Reactions: SpecialK and Sudsy

Dunno why but I woke up with this one in my silly brain

Reactions: Lukes
This post led me to stream the documentary: Linda Ronstadt: The Sound of My Voice. It was pretty good.
Linda was (I say was cause she's in pretty bad shape nowadays) the complete musician......her instrument was her voice. She knew her strengths and weakness (maybe writing wasn't her strong point but she was surrounded by great songwriters). Just a great vocalist imho

This was a mellow start to the day...

Linda was (I say was cause she's in pretty bad shape nowadays) the complete musician......her instrument was her voice. She knew her strengths and weakness (maybe writing wasn't her strong point but she was surrounded by great songwriters). Just a great vocalist imho

Yeah .... after watching the doco I have more respect for "singers" than I had. There is a big difference between the modern divas and singers like her. Like you say, she was a real musician and had a real artistic sense.

Reactions: just4fun
Yeah .... after watching the doco I have more respect for "singers" than I had. There is a big difference between the modern divas and singers like her. Like you say, she was a real musician and had a real artistic sense.
I have a friend here in Japan that is a really close friend of Ry Cooder. He invited me to go out dinner with them maybe 15 years ago and I asked him who was a pain to work with and who was the best and he said Linda was both. A perfectionist all the way. Don't make any recording/live mistakes because you know she won't. He said she ripped him a new asshole once in the studio......hahaha

Reactions: DireWolf98
Singing is the toughest instrument to learn/perfect. There's really been nobody since she came on the scene....I mean, there's probably someone who has that knack but I don't know who it is.

Reactions: namae
I have a friend here in Japan that is a really close friend of Ry Cooder. He invited me to go out dinner with them maybe 15 years ago and I asked him who was a pain to work with and who was the best and he said Linda was both. A perfectionist all the way. Don't make any recording/live mistakes because you know she won't. He said she ripped him a new asshole once in the studio......hahaha

Have you seen the doco? Ry Cooder pops up often. He and everyone else interviewed seems to have a lot of love and respect for her. Perfectionist/"PITA" pops up a bit too.

Have you seen the doco? Ry Cooder pops up often. He and everyone else interviewed seems to have a lot of love and respect for her. Perfectionist/"PITA" pops up a bit too.
I've got it lined up on youtube (only place I could find it) and will give it a go as soon as Tampa loses to Dallas......

Reactions: MikeH
I found it on Solar ..... which I think you put me onto a while back.
Thanks, I just started using it again recently (raised by wolves & Lovecraft country) but I wish the subtitle function worked :(

There's really been nobody since she came on the scene...
All the really good vocalists are over on the jazz seen these days, in the pop and R&B scenes everything is getting autotune so you have no idea if they have the chops or not because the producers are just processing any soul out of their music

All the really good vocalists are over on the jazz seen these days, in the pop and R&B scenes everything is getting autotune so you have no idea if they have the chops or not because the producers are just processing any soul out of their music
Autotune has made the business more of a joke than it already was. Jazz? what's that?

I found it on Solar ..... which I think you put me onto a while back.
Couldn't find it on solar but it's no biggie. I'd totally forgotten about Pirates of P........

Reactions: Cinnabums