First time foreigner in tokyo

WatermelonSkies

TAG Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone.
So from December 24 until January 2 I will be staying in Tokyo. This won't be my first time visiting Tokyo but it would be my first time trying out a massage place.
So I have a couple of questions.
1. What's the difference between soapland and a massage place
2. Can you guys recommend any place that is foreigner friendly and are able to speak a bit of english. (would also prefer places that let you play with the girl)
3. What are the do's and don'ts while having a massage

Thank you very much

1. What's the difference between soapland and a massage place
2. Can you guys recommend any place that is foreigner friendly and are able to speak a bit of english. (would also prefer places that let you play with the girl)
3. What are the do's and don'ts while having a massage
1. A soapland is where you go and a girl soaps you and MAY let you slip a certain part of your body into a certain part of hers. A massage place (Asian Massage Parlor, or AMP) is where a girl massages you, and nothing slips into anything anywhere except maybe a certain part of your body between her oily hands.

2. No.

3. Do nothing. Don't do everything.

(Bottom Line: Please do a general forum search as these questions have been answered a trillion times.)

On No. 3 I assume youre talking about massage places specifically. In which case it really depends on the place and provider. Some places are known to be more strict or lenient with certain things, and some providers are the same, even if they're not meant to.
And even if a review here specifies one thing regarding what they experienced, ymmv, so don't expect the same experience.

So basically feel it out. You want to try your hand at a bit of touching, either ask, or try gently until youre told (verbally or nonverbally) no. Respectfully of course
If its a CMP, try asking. Its probably ok, with a bit more cash

Would not recommend this. Depending on the place and situation, could get you kicked out without a refund and banned, or worse.
Of course, be smart about it. That approach DEFINITELY should not be used in all situations, and should be reserved ONLY for situations where you're sure its ok (confirmed by feeling out the situation, as mentioned earlier). Especially for those with little to no Japanese, where asking isnt really an option.

I should have elaborated further, but assumed we're all decent enough people not to get touchy with people who dont want it (Like on the trains).

Thanks for pointing out how shit that part of my comment sounded. I never want to recommend bad practices that reflect badly on us as a whole.

I have contradicted myself. I will suggest not listening to anything I said, aside from the
'don't try or expect things just because you read it happened here'
part. That part I see nothing wrong with.

I apologise for being an idiot here