Guest viewing is limited

Folding bikes

Regret00

TAG Member
Reaction score
Hi Fellas

He’s a folding bike allowed in the trains as well as buses?
How practical it is to make the folding bike as a supplement to the public transport?

Hi Fellas

He’s a folding bike allowed in the trains as well as buses?
How practical it is to make the folding bike as a supplement to the public transport?
Have seen the folding bikes (small and full size) carried on trains while stored inside their storage bag. I haven't been on a bus in years, so no idea there. (speaking of Tokyo metro area)

They are permitted on most trains but they must be in a carry bag/case (to prevent grease from the chain getting on other passengers' clothing).

They can generally NOT be taken on buses, and on the ones that do allow it, you may still be refused if the bus is crowded.

Most bus companies limit your luggage to 1meter (total of length/width/height) and 10 kg. For reference, a folded Brompton is 585mm X 565mm X 270mm for a total of 1420mm (1.42 meter)

Reactions: TAG Manager
They are permitted on most trains but they must be in a carry bag/case (to prevent grease from the chain getting on other passengers' clothing).

They can generally NOT be taken on buses, and on the ones that do allow it, you may still be refused if the bus is crowded.

Most bus companies limit your luggage to 1meter (total of length/width/height) and 10 kg. For reference, a folded Brompton is 585mm X 565mm X 270mm for a total of 1420mm (1.42 meter)
Thanks. Channeling the money planned for folding bike to soapland

Thanks. Channeling the money planned for folding bike to soapland

Trust me, you're doing yourself a favor. Folding bikes suck donkeyballs. I got nostalgic for Japanese bike-life once and ordered a folding bike off Amazon to ride to the bar. You seriously have to pedal three times faster to go half the speed of a normal bike. I was huffing it up the boulevard and getting tired and then realizing that I'm probably going about the same speed as I do when slow-jogging and I'd get there faster with less effort if I just ran. If you can't accommodate a normal bicycle, just walk.

Reactions: BIPSY
Trust me, you're doing yourself a favor. Folding bikes suck donkeyballs.
This exactly - last time I had a folding bike it ended up splitting in half after less than a year. Not a “name brand” one (Captain Stag, mostly known for cheap camping gear) but still - kinda shit.