Gay cruising in onsens

Hx1977

TAG Member
Reaction score
In many parts of the world, places where men can be naked together (such as locker rooms, nude beaches) tend to be popular as gay cruising venues.

I've seen guys swapping hand jobs and more in gyms and at beaches in several countries.

So why doesn't this seem to happen in Japan? Or maybe it does and I just haven't noticed. If it does happen, where?

In many parts of the world, places where men can be naked together (such as locker rooms, nude beaches) tend to be popular as gay cruising venues.

I've seen guys swapping hand jobs and more in gyms and at beaches in several countries.

So why doesn't this seem to happen in Japan? Or maybe it does and I just haven't noticed. If it does happen, where?
If you happen to in Osaka, @Keihan’s beloved Spa World has recently been a popular gay cruising spot according to some folks on Reddit.

If you happen to in Osaka, @Keihan’s beloved Spa World has recently been a popular gay cruising spot according to some folks on Reddit.

wtf didn't know that .. well i've dumped reddit a few years back .. so that's why some person seemed to follow me all around the place last time i was at Spa World (Jan2024) .. i always have my towel in front on my tool for decency, also there's nothing to see.

my local gym in Kanagawa has posted signs that the private showers and change-rooms are single person occupancy only!

wtf didn't know that .. well i've dumped reddit a few years back .. so that's why some person seemed to follow me all around the place last time i was at Spa World (Jan2024) .. i always have my towel in front on my tool for decency, also there's nothing to see.

my local gym in Kanagawa has posted signs that the private showers and change-rooms are single person occupancy only!
It was foreigners mostly complaining of a Japanese or group of Japanese guys staring at and ogling them at sauna and following them to that bath area. 🤣 Another complaint was the floating turds either in the pool or bath area. 🤣

It did however explain why I had company by the urinal.

I once stopped in a public toilet in some random park in Yokohama. I had guys both sides of me taking peeks but I just thought that is how they in Yokohama want to make foreigners to feel welcomed.

There are lots of gay cruising spots around, including gay saunas. Shinjuku is probably the most popular area for them. Sometimes the play varies according to location (e.g. the deep throat bar, wankers union, which are pretty self-explanatory). The saunas are a bit different than in most of the Western world - there are lots of shy people, including some who pretend to be asleep. This goes for all places, but see how they respond to your touch and take it from there.

Reactions: Alice
I was at Spa World last night, and I got quite a few stares. I don't mind that so much. At least someone is interested in me. The only problem was when I was in the steam sauna. Somebody sat down almost next to me even though there was no one else in there at the time.

I was at Spa World last night, and I got quite a few stares. I don't mind that so much. At least someone is interested in me. The only problem was when I was in the steam sauna. Somebody sat down almost next to me even though there was no one else in there at the time.
Gives you a hint of what many women experience very often.

I've said it here before, Spa World is a major gay hangout in the evenings, particularly on the weekends. On Saturday/Sunday morning, particularly during school breaks in nicer weather, it's a family venue packed with screaming kids and exhausted parents; after 6pm it's one of Osaka's premier hangouts for (likely closeted) gay men looking for a hook-up, or at least to inspect the goods. When I was living in Osaka I practically lived at SpaWorld during the campaign special seasons, but I went during the weekend lunch hours so I was completely unaware of the demographic shift once the sun went down; when I returned for visits in the years later and would pop in for an evening bath after arriving at KIX, particularly when I was govt property and had a govt property chiseled physique, I noticed dozens of creepy assholes giving me the stare-down and quickly caught on. And while I'm not queer I'm certainly vain so I enjoyed parading myself around letting a bunch of desperate closet queens catch their thrills.

If OP is of that persuasion, then Friday or Saturday night around 8pm to midnight should be quite engaging. The steam/sauna rooms on either 4F or 6F are well-suited and utilized action zones.

Reactions: MikeH and Airnest