Guest viewing is limited

Gay Happening Bars

T-N-O

TAG Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know of a gay men happening bar and a gay women happening bar? Ideally in Shinjuku-ni chome?

:bookworm:

I ask because I'm composing an article on Gay Tokyo Nightlife. While I've got the clubs, and bars, covered, I'm really in need of some info on some swingers/couples kiss/or happening bars in Shinjuku-ni-chome that cater towards homosexual clients. I do not know of any and tried searching on the forum for it.

Yes, but only private parties... there are no publicly accessible ones. It's one of those word of mouth things, gotta know someone to get in or get an invite.

Reactions: T-N-O
Thanks Chris. Someone mentioned "24" in Shinjuku-ni-chome (sent me a map too)... but yeah, that's all I've heard and I've asked around quite a bit. Being a straight male can make investigative journalism tough sometimes...;)

Lots of gay bathhouses and saunas in Tokyo, with play rooms, dark rooms, glory holes etc. Pretty much every gay bar is a "happening bar" hahah.

Checked with a gay buddy of mine. 24 Kaikan sauna in Shinuku and Ueno and Treffpunkt in Akasaka aren't exactly "happening bars", they're pretty much full on sex clubs, but they should be a good starting point for you. He said that Treff is pretty hardcore most days, and 24 Kaikan can get really nuts on the weekends. Can't help you with anything similar for lesbians though... my only lesbian friends are in monogamous relationships.

Reactions: T-N-O
My understanding is that gays don't need happening or swinger bars because they simply can have sex without attachment. Enjoy sex, simply for the fun of it.

Heterosexual women have the issues of hypergamy (marrying up, money, materialism) and a maternal instinct, in addition to religious prudishness or fear of "slut" labels, which interfere with care free sex or even embracing their female sexuality. Various heterosexual males often aggravate the problem, with the conflicted double-minded game of wanted a sexually liberated woman on one hand and then wanting to marry a virgin/almost virgin on the other. In addition; testosterone levels, physical activity, or confidence in your naked body tend to increase sex drive, and women tend to be lacking. All of this makes "hooking up" and sex parties/clubs vastly more complicated in the heterosexual realm.

Consequently, women with a strong sex drive and are open-minded about sex are more rare. Happening bars are "special places" for heterosexuals able to overcome negative programming about sex and swap, especially women. Gays apparently don't need any such "special" places, out of simply just some place to meet.

Last edited: