Guest viewing is limited

Getting girl to dress sexier

If a girl I was into liked me but didn't like some changeable thing like my clothes my God please tell me before ghosting -- I'll give her my visa and send her shopping for both of us.

So do the same; tell the girl you would like to buy her a present and take her clothes shopping. And obviously instead of "the clothes you wear now are terrible" of course "I think this would fit you better" sounds much nicer. ;)

Last edited:
To add to my silly 1st world woes, I also met a girl on Bumble and she is super cute but after a few dates and getting physical I found she is really chubby and borderline obese. Her cuteness makes up for some of it. Note I would never push a girl to lose weight - I feel strongly that things like smoking, drinking, gaming, etc are super hard lifestyles and addictions to quit. Back to the thread topic - comparatively I just think dressing up is easy but again i am understanding perhaps it is psychological and more personal..

To add to my silly 1st world woes, I also met a girl on Bumble and she is super cute but after a few dates and getting physical I found she is really chubby and borderline obese. Her cuteness makes up for some of it. Note I would never push a girl to lose weight - I feel strongly that things like smoking, drinking, gaming, etc are super hard lifestyles and addictions to quit. Back to the thread topic - comparatively I just think dressing up is easy but again i am understanding perhaps it is psychological and more personal..
You still have it very very easy. Just search for another person and ask beforehand about clothing style. That way you can be sure of not encountering any deal breaking points.

Northern English chat up line, "You look great, but you could look greater!" - Express your thinking if you like her - if she doesn't care to listen (and maybe she expresses about your clothing style) then either accept her or just move on.

Reactions: Maxblack and Alice
When you're out together in public, let her be herself. But when you're in private and in the bedroom, ask her to wear something to spice things up. This works for me and my wife. I get her micro bikinis to wear when we get time to ourselves. And when she wears them for me, it makes things even hotter and it really gets me hard and it turns her on.

When I first arrived in Japan (which was long time ago, I’m a lifer at this point) girls would wear unique styles like decora, shironuri, gothic, lolita and gyaru. Although I don’t dress like that I loved seeing groups of creatively dressed women roaming the streets of Harajuku. More women wore short skirts compared to today.

Dress style and makeup got way simpler over the years and it’s difficult to see girls wearing short shorts or mini skirts now. Most of them wear ankle length skirts for modesty and to avoid SA or being sexually harassed by random men. As a woman street harassment and stalking happens less when we wear maxi skirts and frilly tops, although I can’t say it completely stops. I don’t know what exactly you mean by “granny clothes” but I think modest styles like long maxi or midi one piece dresses can look very elegant on a woman.

Any update on this?

It all sounds really petty and immature, but you could definitely try applying some tact to your request. "I want to take out somewhere really special tonight. Can you put on something sexy [e.g. this] for our date?"

Reactions: Simonka
Forgot to post followup

I approached this topic carefully w the girl. She has a very nice body - quite slim but not by her standards since she was once a semi pro dancer.

I encouraged her to dress a little sexier and she really took to it and put on contacts and tight one pieces. Wow very hot. Not sure if it'll work long term but I expressed my happiness and she seemed ok.

Not sure this is so petty. To me it's about priorities as nobody can have it all. Yes personality, trust etc are more important but we like what we like and we can try to change but sometimes we can't (both sides). We just met so it felt fair to see if she was flexible -- she told me to shave from Jan and I said ok. Compromises and communication seems mature to me.

Ankle-length is all the rage at the moment. Get with the program.
I don't follow fashion trends but last night I was out and saw alot of mini skirts as usual even in the cold and even at the office but maybe I only noticed those. Long dresses are fine too all depends on the style and fit.

I might be late to the party, but I want to offer my ¥2

J-Girls religiously follow trends, including fashion trends. If the current trend involves long "granny" dresses, then that's it. Next, it will be something else.

In some areas of the business world, fashion tends to be more timeless and conservative. In a crowded bar, I'll make a beeline toward the girls wearing Ann Taylor, Brooks Brothers or something similar.

I digress. Japanese women's fashion magazines can provide an excellent read on what's currently in vogue.