Going to Thailand!

static

TAG Member
Reaction score
So, my work contract is finished on Friday, I'm gonna be packing stuff up for the next 2 weeks (If anyone wants furniture and such, PM me. Come over, pick stuff you want, I'll pack it and takkyubin it to you with pay on arrival =P), then I'm off for 2 weeks to Thailand / Cambodia. Planning on a week in Bangkok, 3 days in Cambodia checking Angkor Wat, 2 days in Krabi area (Aonang), then back to Bangkok for 2 days before I fly back to Tokyo, with an overnight layover in Hanoi...

I've got most of the regular sightseeing stuff planned, but I'm interested on suggestions from you guys, especially with insight into the various scenes there. Like everyone says Eden is a required stop, but I've also read some negative reactions to the place... You know... stuff like that. Tips and tricks to make this two weeks of pure bliss and relaxation (my ultimate goal).

Also, some pre-trip arrangements I should make, not just in the hobby category (pack extra condoms?), but even generic advice. I read that I should get some Imodium because the food is going to give me explosive diarrhea for the first week... You know, stuff like that.. Never been to this kind of country before, so I wanna make sure I enjoy it to the max and not spend a week with a deathly fever in my hotel room, or other such things.

I've heard this place is Monger Mecca, and I haven't read the bible yet... Help me out!

Reactions: AliceInWonderland
Just to summarize the target areas:
  • Thailand: Bangkok (one week + 2 days at the end)
  • Cambodia: Angkor Wat (3 days), Krabi/Aonang (2 days)
For Thailand - I've got experience in Bangkok and Phuket... for adult activities, there are lots of supplies around but you may wish to bring anything that you think you'll need that may be hard to find. Plus, bringing it ahead of time negates the time you have to spend going around finding whatever else you need.

As far as food is concerned, if you stick to restaurants instead of street vendors, you should be okay digestive wise unless you have a sensitive digestive system. In that case, bring antacids and such to help combat those issues. I've never had a problem in Vietnam or Thailand... but I've never eaten the street food either.

When you're out at bars, just make sure you know what you're drinking... kind of the same thing no matter where you go. It's generally safe, but avoid surprises by being vigilant.

Depending on where you are staying in Bangkok, there are night markets that open up on the street. It's an awesome mix of people and stuff to see. It gets really crowded, so use caution with valuables. If you have pockets that zip or button, keep them closed. Or, if carrying a bag, make sure it's zipped/locked and carry it in front of you.

In Thailand, don't do anything to disrespect the monarchy. You can google that one.

Cambodia - Never been, but all I hear is that it's more 3rd world than Vietnam.

That's most of the general info I can share off the top of my head... just remember that you're not in Tokyo and you should be more alert. A Japanese business friend of mine last nearly 300,000 yen to a thief in a Taxi in Thailand. Cambodia - kind of the same problem, if you use a cab, make sure he has a meter and uses it.

Enjoy the trip. It'll be awesome I'm sure.

Reactions: MikeH
In Thailand, don't do anything to disrespect the monarchy. You can google that one.

It's been a while since I've been to Bangkok, but I do remember lots of options. The good thing is you usually pick the actual girl whether in a spa or bar so no surprises. Unless she wasn't born a she.

Regarding the monarchy. Full respect to be adhered to. I remember giving a girl a tip and she advised me not to fold the money as the King's image in on the bill.

the temples dont let girls in short dresses in...
Don't think he has that problem. :) Haha... -- Good tip though!

Pack some cardigans and warmer clothes. I only packed summer clothes when i went to Thailand but the freezing airconditioners everywhere
I'm not fat, but thick enough... the cold feels pretty good, but my hotel room did need some adjustment so I could sleep properly. Hong Kong is the same way... freezing cold inside shops, sauna outside.

If you are looking for adult fun, you should visit Nana plaza in Bangkok. If you are "Farang" (European people in Thai) you may want to check out Bangkok bunnies on the ground floor, Candy land and Spanky's on the 1st floor
If you are Asian, you may find girls of your type at Rainbow 2 on the ground floor.
FYI, True obsession (GF), Straps, casanova, Erotica Chile and DC10 (1F)and Cascade (2F) are all ladyboys. Obsession girls are pre-surgery and Strips girls are post-surgery. There are a couple of other shops that have both females and ladyboys together.

If you prefer to meet non professional local girls, I would suggest to use deai application like Badoo and Bee talk and maybe classic Tinder. More girls who use Badoo look for Non-Thai while Bee talk is for more local Thai. Those who are looking for non Thai write their profile in English so it should be easy to find them.

Thermae cafe where is located basement of Ruamchitt Hotel on Sukuhmvit Road is like Kirari in Tokyo. It is Deai cafe. It may be worth to visit.

おつかれさまでした for your hard work. Now enjoy your vacation!

If you are looking for adult fun, you should visit Nana plaza in Bangkok. If you are "Farang" (European people in Thai) you may want to check out Bangkok bunnies on the ground floor, Candy land and Spanky's on the 1st floor
If you are Asian, you may find girls of your type at Rainbow 2 on the ground floor.
FYI, True obsession (GF), Straps, casanova, Erotica Chile and DC10 (1F)and Cascade (2F) are all ladyboys. Obsession girls are pre-surgery and Strips girls are post-surgery. There are a couple of other shops that have both females and ladyboys together.

If you prefer to meet non professional local girls, I would suggest to use deai application like Badoo and Bee talk and maybe classic Tinder. More girls who use Badoo look for Non-Thai while Bee talk is for more local Thai. Those who are looking for non Thai write their profile in English so it should be easy to find them.

Thermae cafe where is located basement of Ruamchitt Hotel on Sukuhmvit Road is like Kirari in Tokyo. It is Deai cafe. It may be worth to visit.

おつかれさまでした for your hard work. Now enjoy your vacation!

You know what's funny? I'm actually half European and half Chinese.... No limit of selection for me! :D

Thanks a lot Manami, I'll check those places out! Haven't used Badoo before, but when I get there, I'll be sure to add it!

Thanks a lot Manami, I'll check those places out! Haven't used Badoo before, but when I get there, I'll be sure to add it!
Yeah, no kidding... that's a really good summary for Thailand, going to bookmark that post.

I am sure you will have a great time without any troubles.......but plenty of
people manage to find trouble or trouble finds them in Thailand. Plenty of advice re scams on the internet....renting a jet ski, getting stitched up in duty free etc. You just need to slip into a New York state of mind rather than a Tokyo state of mind. Avoid conflict, smile alot, never raise your voice or appear angry. Food is great if you stick to good hotels and restaurants. The sun and pollution can be quite draining......avoid long hikes along busy roads. If your not familiar with Thai beer you may find it "strange"..... I read a crap book ( forgot the title) about a player living in Thailand who noted that bar girls can drink US Marines under the table because the Marines can't handle Thai beer. Apparently, bar girls like drinking bets for that reason.

Cambodia..... I have only visited Angkor Wat. A long weekend while on business in Vietnam. On arrival the immigration official was unfriendly...lots of huffing and puffing...long silences....I thought he was trying to find an angle to screw some money out of me. I stayed in an upmarket hotel...but even there nice people were trying to get some of my wallet. My hotel car and driver was in fact the brother of the lovely girl on concierge...that was a nice payday for them a the expense of the hotel. On my last day , I needed a ride to the airport and booked a hotel car....but she subbed in her bro....who was very very late...after several enquires about WTF was my car....concierge came clean on the scam and got me a vintage Citroen limo ride to the airport. I would avoid any "fun" in Cambodia and just stick to the tourism. On a short visit it is hard to sus out the lay of the land. One horrible memory of I have of Angkor Wat is, after having climbed to the top of a temple, huffing and puffing, a young toddler approached me and asked/gestured if I wanted a BJ. Quite sickening. Were her parents putting her to work? was she enslaved? was if a LE trap? Angkor Wat is great....just keep your own company would be my advice.

Climbing Angkor wat and other great temples in the area itself drains a lot of energy... Surely it is a great view, is one in a lifetime. But I am really grad that I did it when I was younger.
Getting out from bed at 4am to go see the sunrise at the temple, climbing up and hike all day long in 40 degrees with almost 100% humidity. Can't do it now.

Thanks a lot for the advice guys! I wouldn't have thought about the cardigan, good call Alice!

Oh my god I'm in Thailand right now and you do NOT need a cardigan lol I can't even bear to wear my shirt

if you stick to restaurants instead of street vendors, you should be okay digestive wise unless you have a sensitive digestive system

While this is often true, actually restaurants can be more dangerous in many places because they have huge menus to cater to every single kind of food (think that place that offers sushi, pizza, Chinese, burgers, etc) and thus have refrigerators with tons of ingredients that rarely get ordered. I'd be more careful of tourist-catered restaurants than street food that's cooked in relatively clean oil in front of your eyes. I've rarely if even gotten sick from fresh cooked street food, but have gotten sick from ambitious restaurants they don't have high turnover

About the food and getting sick... Most of the time what gets you sick is raw vegetables. If it isn't heated to a temperature high enough to kill bacteria, then you'll likely pick up a variant strain of E. coli that will give you diarrhea for a few days.

Most of the time your body can handle E. coli with no problems, but when you travel you are exposed to new strains of it. Keeping a couple of tabs of Imodium with you when traveling to any new location is wise.

Believe it or not, eating that probiotic yogurt actually helps with this. You can find it in Thailand at 7/11s, have a cup of it for breakfast every day. I'll skip explaining why that works, but Google it to learn more.

Also, consider getting your vaccinations updated if you haven't already. Having current tetanus and hepatitis shots is a good idea for this region.

Mosquito repellent is a must have item in Cambodia. I prefer to use repellent like Deep Woods Off because it contains "deet" and works much better than brands that don't have it. It is hard to find in Cambodia, so consider bringing some.

@Manami TMK gave a decent thumbnail sketch of BKK's Nana Plaza, so I'll skip that unless you have specific questions.

I live in Phuket and have traveled Thailand and Cambodia extensively.

Cambodia is a "visa on arrival" country, take a couple of passport sized photos with you and you'll save a few dollars. Everyone uses US currency in Cambodia, so take enough dollars to buy your visa or you'll get a crappy exchange rate.

Once you clear immigration, ATMs are abundant in Cambodia and dispense US currency.

Siem Reap is actually a pleasant little town that is surrounded by some spectacular temples.

Angkor Wat is the largest but the entire area is a complex of temples. Be sure to book yourself a guide who speaks good English and knows about the places you are going to see.

If you are into Photography, the smaller outlying temples provide some stunning photo opportunities.

Krabi is one of the few places in Thailand that I haven't been to yet, probably because it is rather close to where I live.

The Phi Phi Islands are worth seeing, they are stunningly beautiful. You'll be close enough to hop on a ferry or a speed boat for a day trip there.

If you have any specific questions you can PM me or post them here.

Good luck and have fun!

Angkor War:
You will probably be staying in Siem Reap and take a Tuktuk every day. Make sure to have a plan what places to see each day, as the drivers will negotiate based on the routes. Get an idea on what's a good price before with the help of Google. You can also get limousine, but some of the more remote places can't be reached by limousine and getting in and out of an air conditioned car is probably the best way to catch a cold.
I took a driver for 7 days and that was a bad idea. Motivation drops if the next day is already guaranteed, even though I didn't pay ahead. But maybe just bad luck.
I wasn't there for nightlife, but I think it's pretty dry outside of Phnom Penh. I think there are some bars where you can pick up a girl. If things go well you might even pick up your perfect guide.
For your Angkor trips, make sure to go anticyclic to the tourist groups. Over 100percent of the visitors are Chinese, Korean and Japanese tourist groups. You don't want to be where they are ;)
If you want to take pictures, afternoon is usually less crowded than morning at Angkor Wat. Noon has the least people, but obviously the hottest and terrible light.

Ao Nang :
Nopparat Therapy Beach is the better of the two. There is also Railey Beach, where you can only go by boat. Has some hotels too, so best consider what beach you want to be at.
There is a small entertainment district with bars at the southern end of ao Nang (opposite Nopparat beach). As long as you are near the beach and not inland, everything is walking distance.
There is a temple near ao Nang on top of quite a steep hill (also lots of monkeys there) that has a pretty awesome panorama. One of the main destinations for trips and well worth it.
I also love canoe trips to one of the mangrove forests in the area. Even better if you have a local beauty accompany you.

I don't recommend an island trip. Those islands are even crowded during the off-season and you will be there during highseason.

Bangkok :
Wasn't there for mongering, so can't comment. Day trips to Ayutthaya or Banpa in are recommended.
If you are into Thai boxing, there are some fights free to watch on weekends, which are also broadcast on TV, just google it.

General :
Street kitchens are absolutely fine and often better than restaurants. As pointed out before avoid raw vegetables, although I never had trouble with papaya salad and I eat tons when I'm in Thailand (but I guess the chili kills everything). Definitely stay clear of pre-packaged sliced fruits. Freshly sliced mangos are a heavenly gift, but mango sweating 2hours in a plastic box could send you to the rest room for 3days straight.
Ice cubes are often mentioned as risk too. I never had problems drinking smoothies, but you have been warned ;)

Hotel - if you plan to bring someone to your room, make sure you have a safe big enough to store all valuables. Also check the girl fine policy before. Policies vary hugely and some ask up to 2000bath per girl extra, some allow you to check in one girl, but not change and some leave you all freedom. There are websites collecting such info, Google is your friend here.

Don't trust taxi or Tuktuk drivers. You would be surprised how often sightseeing spots are closed because of a ceremony, a visit by the king, whatsoever. They want to lure you in their vehicles not guide you around the corner.

Bartering is part of the game. Whether you shop on one of the markets, negotiate with a driver or want to come to terms with freelancers. Get an idea of market rates before. There are websites dedicated to Thailand. Good to learn about the different kinds of bars. Massage parlors can be a cheaper alternative to bars. Girls are usually happy to leave with you for a donation.

Badoo is pretty popular, but might be overkill in Bangkok.

If you need condoms, then it would be easy enough to find brands like Durex in Thailand.

Even men should dress modestly if visiting a temple in Thailand.

Personally, I preferred Cambodia over Vietnam. Yet, some other Westerners like the greater sense of order in Vietnam.

Even men should dress modestly if visiting a temple in Thailand.
Yes, be careful, also no ripped jeans.

I was personally very cold in Thailand since the people i went with wanted to stay mostly indoors and i had to spend hours in the freezing airconditioner. I also got a cold from the flight and all the airconditioners, so some of the spicy food really burned in my sore throat, haha.
YMMV though.

The street food is fine.

I would definitely see some live muay thai. TV will never convey the atmosphere and terrifying power of hearing bone slam into flesh. If you don't mind spending a bit more rajadamnern regularly has some of the best in the world. Its 60us for "splash zone" seats and half that to sit with the gamblers. It's cheaper if you can get a local to buy your tickets and even less if you buy through a gym.

The ping pong shows are worth checking out once. It's more of a magic act than anything.

The tourist stuff is fun but generally the less farang the better the food and the better the people.

Don't trast tuk tuks b

Thumb typing be dammed.

Don't trust the tuk tuks but they generally know where to find anything shady.

If you have the stomach for it I would inoculate your self to spice and heat as much as possible. Think saunas and habaneros. The food isn't the same if you ask for mai pet. They will inevitably make other changes based on what they think you probably eat.

My universal travel rule is monkey see monkey do. If the locals do something I do my best to imitate.

Buy medicines in Thailand not Japan. If something were to happen, Thai hospitals are better than Japanese. You can have peace of mind as far as that's concerned. More than once I've had health issues misdiagnosed or improperly treated in Japan. Then gone to Thailand and gotten sorted out

Thumb typing be dammed.

Don't trust the tuk tuks but they generally know where to find anything shady.

If you have the stomach for it I would inoculate your self to spice and heat as much as possible. Think saunas and habaneros. The food isn't the same if you ask for mai pet. They will inevitably make other changes based on what they think you probably eat.

My universal travel rule is monkey see monkey do. If the locals do something I do my best to imitate.

I agree with most of this.

I choose Thai restaurants by how many Thai people I see going there and it has never let me down. Even if it is some shabby looking mom & pop type place. If it is packed with locals, it's good.

The monkey see, monkey do tactic generally works when riding a motorbike in heavy traffic. If you aren't doing what the rest of the motorbikes are doing then chances are you are causing problems.

Maybe modify it a little to not include copying what the Thai racer boys do on their bikes. When I first had to ride through Phuket Town in rush hour traffic I got behind a grandma and followed her.

Even though she terrified me by zooming and weaving through long lines of slow moving and stopped cars at traffic lights, that's what you have to do.

It is nuts riding a motorbike here and if I were here only on vacation, I wouldn't do it. Living here I have to. Imitating the locals reduces the amount of confusion of the motorbikes behind you. They are expecting you to aggressively weave through slow moving traffic.

Thailand does have the second highest traffic mortality rate in the world, so that theory probably breaks down at some point.

The Tuk Tuk and taxi drivers are vastly different in each city. In Phuket they have a terrible reputation because they band together in clubs and keep prices artificially high.

They are charging everyone the same exorbitant rate, but they are generally trustworthy. If one can't make change for a bill, they almost always go to a 7/11 so they can get you change.

And yes, they know where all the action, shady or otherwise.

Most of what I said here applies to Phuket. In another city, there will be another system, ran by another Tuk Tuk boss.

Avoid fried street food in Thailand because some hawkers keep reusing the cooking oil. Other types of street food are usually OK, though.

If you're allergic to nuts, watch out for peanuts, a popular ingredient in certain Thai dishes.

Well, I got back from Thailand a week ago and wow that was awesome. Figured I'd throw a quick summary of events from the P4P here, and other random notes.

First day, I ended up checking out the Thermae Cafe on Sukhumvit, and it was definitely an eye opening experience. There was a row of women surrounding the entire place, double rows in certain parts, and it really felt like I was at an all-you-can-eat buffet. It was insane. Ended up taking a girl from there and having my fun. Mechanical, nothing special, but it was late and I wanted to sleep either way.

Second day, hot as hell, I went out on a tinder date after visiting a tailor and getting that squared away. Was interesting, had fun, brought her back to the hotel for fun.
Third day, it was Songkran going on, water fights all over the place. Ended up going near Terminal 21 and seeing a few live concerts. Met girl there, brought her back to my hotel with little issue. Went back out, but seems my luck ran out as most of the girls were hinting at wanting money. Kinda turned me off, so I just went back and turned in for the night.
Fourth night, decided to check out Nana Plaza and was thoroughly disappointed. I walked around a bit and did go to a couple of the bars there, which did have attractive girls, but it was really tough to enjoy because you had the mama-san constantly getting in your face to get you to buy another drink, even though I still had over half a glass full. It really killed the whole experience for me, so again, left and hit up the club. 90% of the girls in the club were working girls, managed to find one 25 year old that wasn't and had a good time there.
Fifth night, decided to do a bit of a rooftop bar tour and made a friend with a Danish guy, who ended up joining me with his tinder date. We ended at Levels off of Soi 11, drinking at one of the VIP tables. Long story short, met girl, went back to hotel.
Sixth night, decided to give it another shot, so I headed down to Soi Cowboy after a rather less-than-impressive jaunt to Khao San Rd. It was cool, and were I 10 years younger, maybe I would have had fun, but it was basically a backpacker's slum turned into a cheap rave. Anyways, Soi Cowboy was around the same as Nana Plaza, just even more annoying Mama-sans. I ended up chatting some of the bored looking coyotes outside the bar. One of them hooked and ended up meeting me at my hotel at 3am. No objections, no payment, no complaints =P
Last night before heading off to Cambodia, went down to Soi 22, to try their equivalent of a soapland. Wasn't bad, but I think Japan definitely had better quality of service, though, it was only about 10kY compared to Japan's 50k+, So there is that to consider as well.

Headed off to Cambodia, but didn't really do anything in terms of girls there. I was more there for Angkor Wat and the interesting stuff around the city. I had read about a few places to go, but honestly, couldn't be bothered to go. My hotel wanted to charge $20 if I ended up bringing a girl back, so that kinda killed it for me.

Next, headed off to Ao Nang, and spent a lot of time on the beach, island hopping, shopping. Made friends with a girl in that area, but it largely wasn't a place where Thai girls were to be found. That whole area were white people and Chinese tourists. I didn't really push for anything other than someone to shop with me...

Headed back up to Bangkok and scheduled a date with one of the previous girls, so we went out wandering around town, she took me to a few different interesting places. She stayed with me at the hotel for my last couple nights before I headed off back to Japan.

All in all, it was a really fun trip, and I got to see and experience tons of great stuff, but I realized about halfway through the trip that I don't find many Thai girls to be particularly attractive in the same way I like Japanese girls, nor do I find the Thai language to be particularly attractive. Service wise, yea, it was cheaper, but I honestly felt like Japan did most of it 100 times better. From a mongering point of view, it felt like most everything was a tourist trap, and the quality seemed to match the typical tourist trap mentality (overpriced, cheap quality). I actually found myself moderately disturbed at how many working girls there were. I'd be walking up to a girl just walking around, just talking, invite her out for lunch and suddenly it's just "How much money will you pay me." Or just walking down the street looking for something to eat at 12am, and getting pulled left and right by indies. Threw me for quite a loop and largely demotivated me.

TL;DR: Would recommend it for the food, the history, the shopping, the experience, etc. Wouldn't really recommend it for the P4P beyond just saying "yep, I did it." IMO, it's grossly exaggerated as being a monger's mecca =P

Not to be hostile or something but have you ever considered women feel the same about being picked up?
TL;DR: Yes, I've considered it, and I did think like that at one point in my life. No, I don't think the situations are equivalent, because the goals of the interaction are completely different. My experiences and those of my peers taught me that.

Long Version:
Yep, but that's a different situation due to differing motivations. Simply put, my goal picking up a woman is to provide value to her life by giving a great experience, and of course mine as well. An indie's purpose is to get value from me by often times providing mechanical, emotionless service. Most working girls aren't in it to provide me with an unforgettable experience that'll stick with me through the rest of my life, they're there to get paid and get out. The girls I did end up paying for ended up being forgotten within hours, as in I didn't even remember having sex when I woke up the next day. Yes, I'm aware that many working girls do provide great experiences because that gets them repeat business, but a street walker typically isn't at that level. That's where you start dealing with the more high class escorts (I believe you fit this category). However, I'm sure you're also aware, that's a minority in the industry. To me, I don't like places like happy ending massage parlors or pink salons or the like. Those are almost like mass production, get in, and get out as quickly as possible, and that's how these girls felt to me. Like any other sales position, it's all about making that quick buck, and not about building that relationship to encourage repeat business. Ironically, it's often that lasting relationship that's going to provide the greater pay out in the long term, but most people (especially now-a-days) aren't long-term thinkers. Furthermore, many places around the world, because of the abundance of sources of products are finding that commitment is a fading attribute, making most sales oriented practices more about the short-term.

Proof is in the girls who came back with me, and saw me again as mentioned in the thread and that certainly wasn't limited to the one I chose to see again after coming back to Bangkok, I had 3 girls pushing for my time and many of them are still trying to keep in touch with me despite me making it clear that I have no intentions of going back to Thailand anytime in the near future. Why do you think that is? Also, most of the girls I approached immediately were open to talking and spending time with me; I think maybe 4 girls during the entire trip weren't interested, and I really didn't need to persist beyond the simple greeting. Other girls were interested, but the interaction eventually fizzled out, largely because of lack of a common language. A blanket statement like "... women feel the same about being picked up?" is unfair, especially given that the majority of the women I interacted with were completely open to being picked up (note, this is not limited to Thailand, my experiences in Japan were similar). One comes to the conclusion that it depends on who's doing the picking up. Yes, I'm sure if an amazingly gorgeous Thai girl propositioned me, I likely wouldn't have been annoyed. Maybe if I wasn't heading somewhere more important to me (like getting food cuz I was hungry), I would have talked to them. Maybe if they weren't giving off an aura of desperation to get anything that'll give them money, I'd talk to them. Maybe if they saw me as more than just a potential mark, I would talk to them. All of which comes off on the initial approach. And any guy who approaches you in the same manner, deserves your ire, just like these girls. However, I don't approach girls in that manner, as if a girl was a target. I approach a girl because I find her attractive, I want to know more about her, I liked the aura/vibe she's giving off. I approach a girl because she's special in some way to me.

However, there are also limits to what most guys will do when picking up a girl. I NEVER touch a girl on a street approach, and rarely will touch a girl in a club or a bar. These women, I walked past without saying a word or giving even a look in their direction, and they reached out to grab my arm and pulled me back to them. If I ever did that to a girl, my ass would be on the 6 o'clock news being executed for sexual assault. If they just stood there shouting "hey baby, lets go to your hotel room" and that was it, I wouldn't have been annoyed, I would just find them annoying and go on with my day, much in the same way I deal with those tissue paper guys at the station.

It's all about who's providing the value to the interaction, who's draining value, and which party is being the most important. Game, many times, because everything is entirely voluntary, is about making the approachee's needs be the most important, as that's the easiest way to get what I want as well. In a sense, it's forced altruism to get my needs met. Moreover, it's not like I'm forcing myself to want to learn about the girl. I like talking to people, I like hearing about the places they've been because it often times lets me live vicariously through them. I like hearing about people's plans, dreams, and motivations in life, and I enjoy sharing those same things with people as well. A street walker isn't interested in why I came to Thailand, nor are they interested in what I plan to do now that I've moved back to the U.S., nor do they care about the 7 years I lived in Japan, where as many women (not just Thai women) are interested in that kind of thing and want to hear about it since more than likely, they'll never get the chance to do it themselves (less than 20% of people in the world even have a passport let alone travel to a foreign country for vacation, much less live in other countries).

Anyways, that's all I'm really going to say on the topic.

Not to be hostile or something but have you ever considered women feel the same about being picked up?

Yes, but they haven't met me yet

If a working girl is respectful I don't mind if she comes up to me. I generally treat people with the respect they bring to me, regardless of how disrespectful previous people of the a same position/group have been