Guest viewing is limited

Going to Work On Myself Need Some Resource Advice

Shadowrunner

TAG Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure if this should be in the Life in Japan thread, but since my goal is Nampa/PUA I'm posting this here. I've been thinking of giving this PUA/Nampa thing a shot, but I want to work on myself first. I'm in my late 30s, asian not white so I guess I have that going against me in this country. Since I can't work on my race I need
to work on other things:

1) Workout
2) Get better clothes
For #1, I've only been here for a few months and can't get a credit card. Do gyms here have cash/cash card payment options, and if so which ones. For #2 any suggestions on where to get better clothes, shoes etc. aside from Uniqlo? By better, I mean clothes which will look attractive to women here.

I'm not sure if this should be in the Life in Japan thread, but since my goal is Nampa/PUA I'm posting this here. I've been thinking of giving this PUA/Nampa thing a shot, but I want to work on myself first. I'm in my late 30s, asian not white so I guess I have that going against me in this country. Since I can't work on my race I need
to work on other things:

1) Workout
2) Get better clothes
For #1, I've only been here for a few months and can't get a credit card. Do gyms here have cash/cash card payment options, and if so which ones. For #2 any suggestions on where to get better clothes, shoes etc. aside from Uniqlo? By better, I mean clothes which will look attractive to women here.
What is something interesting about you?

totally agree with @requiemmorrow's question. @Shadowrunner, I'm brown. 165cm 80kgs, ugly as fuck. But if you have something interesting about yourself or your personality, no amount of clothes or working out is going to change that. Part of my job requires me to be in areas where I get to see a lot of couples (I work in fashion) and while I do see a lot of fit men with beautiful women, I see an equal amount of "wth" people who I feel look worse than me (again just an opinion) with gorgeous women because they have amazing personalities.
While the wallet factor in certain cases does matter, I've seen it with people who don't have substantial finances either.

What is something interesting about you?
Hmm..I can't think of more right now, but I get a lot of good reactions when I tell people about my work, and it's usually a good conversation topic that I hate it sometimes because suddenly everyone's asking me questions. My job is interesting, but I feel like it's not a 'sexy' job.

totally agree with @requiemmorrow's question. @Shadowrunner, I'm brown. 165cm 80kgs, ugly as fuck. But if you have something interesting about yourself or your personality, no amount of clothes or working out is going to change that. Part of my job requires me to be in areas where I get to see a lot of couples (I work in fashion) and while I do see a lot of fit men with beautiful women, I see an equal amount of "wth" people who I feel look worse than me (again just an opinion) with gorgeous women because they have amazing personalities.
While the wallet factor in certain cases does matter, I've seen it with people who don't have substantial finances either.

I understand this, but I feel like I'd feel more confident if I looked better? But I'm glad to hear that 'wth' people are hooking up because of their personality. That's also something to work on I guess.

At least the wards in Tokyo have gyms that you can use by paying your visits in cash.

Reactions: Shadowrunner
Hmm..I can't think of more right now, but I get a lot of good reactions when I tell people about my work, and it's usually a good conversation topic that I hate it sometimes because suddenly everyone's asking me questions. My job is interesting, but I feel like it's not a 'sexy' job.
It's a great thing that your job is interesting. My point was, though, that conversation is everything. I went through my twenties unable to date, but since picking up p4p it has become significantly easier to talk to attractive women. Also, getting a woman to talk about herself or give her opinion and actually giving feedback on it is another great step. For some reason the number of guys I see chatting up girls squeezing their dicks while she talks these days makes me wonder if making it detachable would help some folks' game...

Also, to get into a gym here many of them will ask you for your branch and account number to do an auto-furikomi every month.
Lastly, to always be safe just wear a suit, or at least go semi-formal with a blazer. That doesn't really matter, since the last girl I got for free met me while I wore these absolutely horrendously patterned shorts and a T-shirt with Engrish. I am certain I was the least attractive person in that building at that time.

Last edited:
1) Workout

For #1, I've only been here for a few months and can't get a credit card. Do gyms here have cash/cash card payment options, and if so which ones.
I suggest you join one of the many training groups on Meet-Up or Facebook which in most cases are free of charge and allow you to meet plenty of different people including good looking females from all over the place.

to work on other things:

1) Workout
2) Get better clothes
Besides working out, and dressing nice, I suggest making it a habit to be well groomed. As in shave regularly, (no stubble) and regular haircuts. Typically Japanese women don’t like facial hair but obviously It depends on their preferences.

Clothing wise, can’t really go wrong with a suit, but it wouldn’t hurt to invest in a couple black/white tees from Uniqlo, and multiple pairs of pants. (Blue jeans, brown chino, gray pants, etc.) Get out of your comfort zone.

Also, fix your fucking posture and walk/sit straight. Have some confidence. Learning proper table manners will also help in the long run, not just with women.

Work on yourself, you’ll feel better and women will naturally come.

Good luck brodie

to work on other things:

1) Workout
2) Get better clothes
Tipness may have a cash system. I go there, and use the monthly transfer. However, right before the 25th of each month they have signs up reminding people payment is due soon. So I just assumed that was for people that didn’t have a scheduled deposit, which could be cash.

Besides working out, and dressing nice, I suggest making it a habit to be well groomed. As in shave regularly, (no stubble) and regular haircuts. Typically Japanese women don’t like facial hair but obviously It depends on their preferences.

Clothing wise, can’t really go wrong with a suit, but it wouldn’t hurt to invest in a couple black/white tees from Uniqlo, and multiple pairs of pants. (Blue jeans, brown chino, gray pants, etc.) Get out of your comfort zone.

Also, fix your fucking posture and walk/sit straight. Have some confidence. Learning proper table manners will also help in the long run, not just with women.

Work on yourself, you’ll feel better and women will naturally come.

Good luck brodie

Whoah 'fix your posture' is on point for me. Do I know you? :D Been trying to grow facial hair since I was in my mother's womb so it's no problem for me. Yeah I skipped p4p this month and used up my funds for some new pair of jeans, and good quality boots. Still having a hard time finding a good suit/jacket for casual wear though.

Let's say I'm usually more on the geeky/nerdy side of hobbies but not far enough into otaku/weabo territory( not that there is anything wrong with that). I do travel, but learning more about cooking/food seems to be a good idea.

Tipness may have a cash system. I go there, and use the monthly transfer. However, right before the 25th of each month they have signs up reminding people payment is due soon. So I just assumed that was for people that didn’t have a scheduled deposit, which could be cash.

Haven't checked out Tipness yet. I called several Fastgym24 and it seems like each branch is different whether 'gaijin Ok'.

Reactions: tagowl
Whoah 'fix your posture' is on point for me. Do I know you? :D Been trying to grow facial hair since I was in my mother's womb so it's no problem for me. Yeah I skipped p4p this month and used up my funds for some new pair of jeans, and good quality boots. Still having a hard time finding a good suit/jacket for casual wear though.

Let's say I'm usually more on the geeky/nerdy side of hobbies but not far enough into otaku/weabo territory( not that there is anything wrong with that). I do travel, but learning more about cooking/food seems to be a good idea.

Haven't checked out Tipness yet. I called several Fastgym24 and it seems like each branch is different whether 'gaijin Ok'.
Also, in regards to working out, IMO, since I’m from Canada the gyms here in Japan are pretty shit…If you’re able to, find a straight bar and try doing calisthenics. ( push-up, sit-up, pull-ups)
Once you’re strong, and you got that pump in your chest, your posture will naturally get better as you push your shoulders back and pop your chest.
It’ll give u that confidence you need to walk up to random girls 😃

Good luck man

O called several Fastgym24 and it seems like each branch is different whether 'gaijin Ok'.

I promise to be surprised if they don't take anyone with Japanese bank account despite foreigner or not.

Reactions: CharlieSimms
A gym with a No Foreigner policy? That’s pretty impossible.
Yeah, the only way I’ve been rejected from a gym is for having tattoos, and that was because the gym had an onsen-style public bath.

The place I go now asks patrons to cover their tats, and I’ve seen Japanese guys in there that ignored that with no hassle from the staff.

Hmm, I read from an FB group of people being rejected by Fastgym if they can't read the contract, or they have to bring a Japanese friend, but good to hear otherwise. Going to try signing up tomorrow.

Hmm, I read from an FB group of people being rejected by Fastgym if they can't read the contract, or they have to bring a Japanese friend, but good to hear otherwise. Going to try signing up tomorrow.
I mean, that makes sense. Kinda like the “you must be this tall” pole on the roller-coaster.

The place that rejected me, it was because I read in the contract “No tattoos allowed” and
I told the attendant, “guess this means I can’t join” even though I’d spend almost half an hour touring the place and getting the run-down on the fees and rules.

So, yeah, if you can’t read the contract, or at the very least have someone explain what is in the contract, don’t be surprised if they wont let you join.

if you can’t read the contract, or at the very least have someone explain what is in the contract, don’t be surprised if they wont let you join
This applies to a LOT of gyms, and if you think about it, it's a fairly big liability issue for them.

The place that rejected me, it was because I read in the contract “No tattoos allowed” and
I told the attendant, “guess this means I can’t join”

That sounds like you rejected yourself from the place. If you didn't say anything and covered your tattoos while training they would most probably have not cared at all.

That sounds like you rejected yourself from the place. If you didn't say anything and covered your tattoos while training they would most probably have not cared at all.
Fair enough.

Still, what should I have done? Gaijin my way thru the application, and then loudly complain when some attendant or other member sees my ink and decides that’s the day they’re going to assert dominance over a non-compliant foreigner? Maybe works for an ALT who’ll be going “Home” in a few months/years, but I’d rather not defecate in my living space.

In the end, the place I joined has far more relaxed policies, better hours, costs less per month and gives me access to all their locations. I’d been getting a rotten vibe during the whole process so basically we both played the Japanese game of politely telling each other to kindly fuck off and die.

Reactions: Maxblack
Ah yes, the ripping’ and the tearin’…
Will also get u thrown out…. Lol.

83A40088-DAA7-4446-A662-E17FEF0CFE01.gif