Guest viewing is limited

Gonpachi Nishiazabu - Kill Bill Restaurant

Have been there.
The inside looks a bit like the kill bill movie restaurant but other than that nothing spectacular. Food was not bad.
Its worth trying if you like the movie i think but not worth if its hard to get a reservation or something.

I enjoyed the movie but has anyone eaten there? Or, just a average restaurant?
Been to both - there's one in Shibuya too and the food is decent, but recommend arriving early or making a reservation in advance.

The menu is setup so that you can enjoy Japanese cuisine but it's really westernized so that tourists can enjoy it easily.

Been to both - there's one in Shibuya too and the food is decent, but recommend arriving early or making a reservation in advance.

The menu is setup so that you can enjoy Japanese cuisine but it's really westernized so that tourists can enjoy it easily.
Yeah, it wasn't so different from a good izakaya to me.

Reactions: Wwanderer
Tarantino was inspired by Gonpachi, but the actual set for that scen was built up in a studio.

It's a good place to bring guests from overseas: a bit old Japan theme park, and the food is OK.

It has been a while for me to go back to the one at Nishi-Azabu but have been to the one in Shibuya a few months ago.
Food is not bad still but in my honest opinion, the quality of cetain dishes has been down.
Some of their sushi rolls are nothing like traditional Japanese Sushi but you might enjoy it if you are too scared to try something completely Japanese.
Atmospher wise, Nishi-Azabu is better than Shibuya but longer walk from the nearest station.