Guest viewing is limited

Good hotel in Fukuoka close to party district / can bring girls back

johnhall90

TAG Member
Reaction score
Going on a vaction out of Tokyo and heard good things about Fukuoka and wanted advice on where to stay while im there. Ideally a hotel where the only place you need to use the key card is for going into the room and every where else you can just enter and leave freely.

Reactions: yeti
I’ve been to Fukuoka a couple of times. FWIIW, there are several hotels near Hakata Station, which is the main train station for Fukuoka. The Shinkansen stops there. The airport is just a few minutes by subway from Hakata Station.

Didn’t try to bring in any outside guests during my visit last year, but I did stay in the affordable yet oddly named Hotel Wing Select Hakata Ekimae. As I recall, it had a main entrance by the front desk and a more discreet side entrance.

https://www.hotelwing.co.jp/select/hakata/en/

Reactions: Alice and yeti
Not super close to nightlife but I enjoy staying at the New Ohtani in Fukuoka. Large lobby so nobody cares who’s walking through it. Rooms are great as well.

i also would like a list of these types of hotels in fukuoka.

here are the ones that work in fukuoka and one in kokura:

The richmond in Tenjin has their lobby on a different floor from the first floor.
JR Kyushu Station Hotel Kokura has their lobby on a different floor from the first floor.
Hyatt in canal city, too many people to check.
Lively in Nakasu didn't really check.

NOTE: These are ones that didn't inspect or seem to care, but I've been to many more, and most of the time it's a NO GO.

Please feel free to add to the list.

Reactions: SugoiBoy and Alice
I end up in Kokura/Hakata area often enough and used to date a girl from Fukuoka a number of years back so I did some pretty extensive research on couples-suitable (size, bed, good bath/shower room, etc.) rooms and there are a few very decent ones directly in front of Hakata Station on the main streets. JR runs a great chain called "The Blossom" hotels in Hakata with a good one right in front of the station. Same thing with Mitsui Garden Hotel. If you're going to stay in Canal City, where I'd imagine (if you're under 30) it'd be easier to try picking up younger girls as there's generally more younger person shit over there, there's a Dormy Inn Premium--this is my preferred hotel chain in Tokyo, Osaka and elsewhere due to the rooms, w/d units, rooftop onsen and a number of other amenities.

That all said, these being generally nicer hotels, I can't recall any that didn't require the key card to operate the elevator. You might have to slum it a bit if that's what you're after. I noticed there is a Hotel Club Hokke near Hakata Station, and I used to frequent the Osaka location often when I was younger and poorer (and it didn't hurt that Hokke was located in the Osaka NH district). If the Hakata location is anything like in Osaka, they don't even have hotel key cards yet and issue actual physical keys on lanyards that they ask you to turn in to the front desk staff every time you leave the hotel (which nobody actually does). I could've brought back every ladyboy in Toganocho and the staff at the front desk, which was located around the corner from the entrance, would never have known about it.

Last edited:
Reactions: yeti and SugoiBoy
I’ve been to Fukuoka a couple of times. FWIIW, there are several hotels near Hakata Station, which is the main train station for Fukuoka. The Shinkansen stops there. The airport is just a few minutes by subway from Hakata Station.

Didn’t try to bring in any outside guests during my visit last year, but I did stay in the affordable yet oddly named Hotel Wing Select Hakata Ekimae. As I recall, it had a main entrance by the front desk and a more discreet side entrance.

https://www.hotelwing.co.jp/select/hakata/en/

is it the kind of side door where it's locked from the outside, meaning your 'friend' would have to wait for you to let her in?

Or could ppl freely enter and exit?

Thanks in advance

I end up in Kokura/Hakata area often enough and used to date a girl from Fukuoka a number of years back so I did some pretty extensive research on couples-suitable (size, bed, good bath/shower room, etc.) rooms and there are a few very decent ones directly in front of Hakata Station on the main streets. JR runs a great chain called "The Blossom" hotels in Hakata with a good one right in front of the station. Same thing with Mitsui Garden Hotel. If you're going to stay in Canal City, where I'd imagine (if you're under 30) it'd be easier to try picking up younger girls as there's generally more younger person shit over there, there's a Dormy Inn Premium--this is my preferred hotel chain in Tokyo, Osaka and elsewhere due to the rooms, w/d units, rooftop onsen and a number of other amenities.

That all said, these being generally nicer hotels, I can't recall any that didn't require the key card to operate the elevator. You might have to slum it a bit if that's what you're after. I noticed there is a Hotel Club Hokke near Hakata Station, and I used to frequent the Osaka location often when I was younger and poorer (and it didn't hurt that Hokke was located in the Osaka NH district). If the Hakata location is anything like in Osaka, they don't even have hotel key cards yet and issue actual physical keys on lanyards that they ask you to turn in to the front desk staff every time you leave the hotel (which nobody actually does). I could've brought back every ladyboy in Toganocho and the staff at the front desk, which was located around the corner from the entrance, would never have known about it.

Blossom and Mitsui-Garden are both great hotels, Ive used them a lot, especially mitsui-garden ,the one near Canal not the nakasu one, it has a great sento and morning buffet,

...but for what the OP is asking for, they are a hard NO.

However, Hotel Club Hokke needs further investigation, thanks

is it the kind of side door where it's locked from the outside, meaning your 'friend' would have to wait for you to let her in?

Or could ppl freely enter and exit?

Thanks in advance
If I recall correctly, it was unlocked during the day, but a card was needed after a certain time in the evening.

The side entrance would only be viable if you stay in the section nearest to it.

By the way, I recall seeing an apparent love hotel nearby. So, that could be Plan B, if needed. Can’t remember the name, though.

If I recall correctly, it was unlocked during the day, but a card was needed after a certain time in the evening.

The side entrance would only be viable if you stay in the section nearest to it.

By the way, I recall seeing an apparent love hotel nearby. So, that could be Plan B, if needed. Can’t remember the name, though.

I appreciate the info

I’m