Guest viewing is limited

Good Old Day Game

silencio

TAG Member
Reaction score
Me again and a bit write-ative this evening.

This time regarding the Day Game in Japan, sure some prefer the train, conbini or when ever they see a Girl they find attractive.
Sure but would you jump from left to right on a busy day in Shibuya?

I usually wait till there has been some eye-contact going on. Some girls might just dont like my appearance or Gaijin at all, so one should at least keep an eye for that before trying to "cold" approach.

When I first arrived in Japan, I was fire and flame for getting some new girls on my list / Phone.
I approached almost in every lunch break and couldn`t get enough.
Sometimes I approached very cold with saying that I like something about her style (not to successful)
Or that i needed some directions (Semi successful), If you build the bridge to the number/date right, this can be your main approach.
Or if a Chick looks "lost" even if she lived there it was a nice opener. She just needs a book or to look at her phone while standing on the street.

In the train I would pull my...P....phone out on every HB 5+ and wrote something with a smile face on my phone, as the trains were often to quite for me and my japanese skills only enough for very simple conversation.
This method was semi successful but as I had nothing to do anyway it was good to kill time.

In the conbini or in a Starbucks Coffee I only tried the workers, which is of course a bit less successful, as you have to look more closely if she likes you or if she`s just beeing friendly.

But as soon as I had around 4 Cut Buddys I got lazy.

So back to my main concern, after I had a success and started going out at night I lost interest in approaching girls at Daytime.
I am not sure if I am just lazy, if my balls got smaller or if I just lost motivation but when I go out there at day or on the way home, I see all these pretty ladies but I have no intention in talking to them (just fucking ;) ).

Have you experienced something similar or are you just always thirsty and trying your best to get the best?

Nice read...
I am one of those who is super shy. I don't know how you guys do the day game! I'm so envious haha

At the same time somehow always have a full book. I mean somedays 2 or 3 girls.

Last month I got bored with my my whole list. I erased them all and or stopped replying to them.

For me I just get bored of them! Even if they are great ^^

I enjoy the hunt. Maybe you should try starting over haha

I want to get over my shyness and play the day game... Maybe someday or tomorrow!

Reactions: just4fun
if you want to play the day game, try either of the two starbucks near gaienmae station. once you realize that you are surrounded by cuties and have nothing to lose, you will get over your shyness fairly quickly.

Reactions: Tokyo1447
Day game is about not relying on chicks being drunk or obviously horny.

When you learn day game, you will learn an often unacknowledged secret of women, which is they can be or get horny ANY time. Women don't need a club, bar, or alcohol to put them in the mood for sex. You talking to her, and then moving the conversation to a romantic place, can put her in the mood.

Tips learned through hard experience over the years:

1) Dress professionally or have a clean look during the weekday. Bonus points for suits in the big city, like Tokyo. Not necessary, but can help the image of various guys.

In the day, she can see you clearly, so dress to impress a bit, if you are hunting. To include look and smell clean.

When you approach Japanese women, particularly during the work weekday, they are often thinking you should be working or like that you are, and it SHOWS by how you are dressed.

Looking clubish, back packer-like, or sloppy is a turn off for many women, especially when she is a well dressed office girl or career minded woman.

2) On weekends, you can dress casually and fashionably. And dressing too formally can hurt you, as many women expect you to be off work.

3) Don't approach speed walking women that look like they are rushing someplace, don't run up to women from behind, or walk up directly to a woman's face.

With the above, I've seen Nampa/PUA types create disasters. Basically scaring and surprising women, as if they are trying to kidnap or rob them. When you get directly into a woman's face right away, you come off as a threat.

Better to approach women smoothly and casually (not walking up to fast) that are sitting, standing still, or loitering around (walking slowly as in a mall or shopping).

When walking up to a woman who is standing still or loitering, approach her from the side and stand a bit parallel at first when talking to her.

4) Don't be afraid of having casual conversations with women.

Way too many guys are afraid of rejection or don't know what to say. Learn to talk with women. It's not hard, start telling her about YOURSELF, then ASK questions about her.

5) Conversation starters

Unlike a club, it's NOT, "Can I buy you a drink?"

In day game, start with:

. Anything about what she is wearing or fashion. Her shoes, fingernails, dress, etc... Can segue into if she works out, gym, athletics, sports, clothing designers, her job, compliments about her tastes, etc...

. Anything happening around you. An accident, a weird advertisement, an announcement of a train delay, a person sleeping on the ground, what kind of music is she listening to, etc... Can unexpectedly segue into deep 5 or 10 minute conversations without her realizing it.

. Ask for language and cultural help

This is different from asking for directions, which I don't advise. Most Japanese will help direct you, then leave or look at you weird if you continue a conversation. Where language help can be a nice segue into topics about culture, if she studies English, about her hobbies, where she went to college, etc...

However, the weakness of asking for language help, is a Japanese woman may cut you off after answering a specific questions. Asking about what she is wearing or fashion, shows you are directly attracted to you, and her responsiveness means she is more with this leading to something.

Typos- However, the weakness of asking for language help (or directions too), is a Japanese woman may cut you off after answering specific questions.

Asking about what she is wearing or fashion (anything about her), shows you are directly attracted to her, and her responsiveness means she is more into the interaction leading to something.

What is everyone's take on language? Do you do your approaches in English (insert your native language here), Japanese or mix?

I can basically agree with the points and tips Form solong.

Always dress to impress and make it nothing special for yourself.

To No 4. Even if you don't plan on getting her number, try to practice with simple converstation about everything that surrounds you. If you feel that it is uncomfortable after a few senteces just stop with a smile.
This can be good practice for your japanese skills and your confidence with woman.
Do that especially with woman that you wouldn't approach normaly because she seems too pretty or the like.

To No. 5 . I almost never buy Drinks in a Club but I surely get your point with the 5 and can also agree with most of it.

I Dont think it is considered a big weakness when a guy doesn't speak the language to well or asking for directions, preferably with an oldschool papermap in your Hand.
But asking something about her can get her in the right direction right from the Start but keep in mind that some girls might be intimidated by it.

The "innocent" approach can be perfect if you had a small conversation, about everything) after the (language) question.

@Tokyo1447
In the beginning I did it in english but AS i learned a little japanese i did it in japanese and surely had more success.

Girls might be interested in your language but you need at least some basic japanese to conversate with most woman.

Many woman are also unsure about their english skills and are shy to speak it or try it.
Many will try to help you when asking for help but will run if you try to Start a real conversation in pure english.

I usually Start japanese and insert some english when I get to my limit.
I Bet a bilingual guy like solong can give you some better insight in this.

So stayed already too long in lunch, hope its readable and didnt forget to much

Reactions: Solong
I have rarely ever Nampa using English. I also rarely ever appease anyone trying to speak broken English with me either. I am not sure how successful you can be without japanese, although I am sure many of you can prove me wrong. I grow weary of "gaijin hunters" or people who want free english lessons.

The very few times I actually have picked up girls using English they brought english textbooks with them to the following dates. Never again...

Reactions: Cinnabums
Here's an approach.
Go to Shibuya Hachiko, walk from girl to girl saying ワタシのナマエはペータですぅ

I just you don't have to insert your own name, Peter is easy to say.

Everyone at Hachiko is usually waiting for someone......isn't that kind of a waste of time and energy?

Err... Well I may have to differ there I am afraid. I mean there's not really anything exciting about going up and telling someone my name. Especially at Hachiko.

I once went up to a group of girls at the Hub and proudly exclaimed, 「俺様は白人だよ」 (I, yours truly, am a white guy!). Mind you I actually am not a white guy, although I guess I could pass. They looked confused, burst out laughing, and then began asking me loads of questions. Ended up getting numbers and so on...

Reactions: Cinnabums
Everyone at Hachiko is usually waiting for someone......isn't that kind of a waste of time and energy?

Yeah, especially when you can't follow it up with anything. But I see guys doing this every single time I'm waiting for someone.

I've seen that also....but I've seen a lot more girls waiting for guys/dates/appointments/pimps and so on

Thanks for the replies I'm bilingual and always use Japanese. I was just curious what others use.

What is everyone's take on language? Do you do your approaches in English (insert your native language here), Japanese or mix?

I mix both, and so do my swinger pals who are fluent in Japanese. We usually start with English and then Japanese as needed. If she doesn't understand English, then we switch to almost or completely having the conversation in Japanese.

Why?

1) We try to gauge how familiar she is with Western culture and if foreign boyfriends were a possibility in her past. Sometimes, we can find very international minded Japanese women that prefer to date foreigners.

2) Some Japanese women foolishly or ignorantly stereotype all foreign guys that can speak Japanese well as playboys.

Easing into speaking Japanese allows you to figure out how she thinks about it. And often, this type of woman will have many preconceived notions about foreigners.

3) Some Japanese women want to learn and practice English, but their speaking level is very poor. Being dual-mode and using both English and Japanese, can make such women happy. She can see you as a language mentor.

They have found a foreigner that they can understand, and also understands Japanese too.

However, keep in mind that English or using both languages (dual-mode), won't work on some Japanese, as they only can or only want to speak in Japanese. Such women don't want to deal with foreigners unless they are fluent and usually have short patience or attention spans.

Overall, you will find Japanese women to be a mix of different preferences. And the more you go outside big cities like Tokyo, the less or no English you can expect. If you are out in nowhere or the country, you best learn to speak Japanese really well, if you are trying to get a steady Japanese girlfriend. Unless you get lucky and she is bi-lingual.

Usually, but one of my swinger pals is a master at day and street game, and loves pickup at Hachiko during warm weather.

Some women go there to be picked up, and are not just waiting or lying about waiting for someone. The trick is in eye contact. If she is checking you out or eye balling other guys walking around, while just sitting or standing around, it can mean she's up for it.

However, there are a lot of nampa/pua veteran Japanese guys around, to include recruiters offering nefarious jobs to women. At times, it can be a bit too crowded with guys trying to score in the same area or guys being too clumsy in approaches and scaring women. Tokyo is a big city. There is Yoyogi park and so many other places to do the same thing. To include coffee shops or the train ride to Shibuya or wherever...

Reactions: just4fun