Guest viewing is limited

Good urologist in Kanto

hrbb

New York Kansas Shithawks
Reaction score
So I have had testicle problems (aching pain, swelling) for going on 5 months now and yet to find a good ball doctor. I have been told it's probably varicocele and sent away with chinese medicine or in one case inexplicably given a prostate exam and didn't even examine my balls. Every time I was told surgery is only recommended to treat infertility cases. This is bullshit because I have seen some hospitals around Japan stating that they do surgery for pain as well.

Anyone have any good recommendations? Japanese or English speaking. Preferably not Saitama because I hate this place now. Thanks

Reactions: Cinnabums
...or in one case inexplicably given a prostate exam and didn't even examine my balls.

Well then, I'd say you at least got your money's worth!

But seriously, this is why I don't trust Japan's healthcare system, hospitals or doctors for jack shit. It is a flawed, ass-backwards system and the only upside is it's socialized and cheap. This is the same healthcare system that royally fucked my stomach up for four years until I finally left and went back to a real doctor stateside. I came in with acute peptic ulcer symptoms and was 1) refused a barium scan, 2) refused an endoscope, and every one of the next six or seven times I came back with even worse symptoms I got the same treatment--doctor touched my stomach, grunted about possible gastritis or perhaps minor ulcer, stuck me on an IV for an hour because I was supposedly dehydrated and then sent me home with the Japanese equivalent of Tums antacid tablets. It took a year and me having to finally scream at them to get H. Pylori antibiotics and acid blockers and by then it was far too late. I ended up using stupid shit hippy homeopathic remedies until I could get on a plane to go back home and go to a real hospital again for scans, xrays and proper treatment. When I told my doctors here about the "care" I received in Japan they didn't even believe me.

There are a good six or seven possible reasons why your balls may be aching, blue balls aside, and while I'm no doctor it certainly doesn't sound like a vein issue (varicocele) to me. Sorry I'm not able to recommend anyone, but I would seriously look for a non-Japanese doctor or clinic and get another opinion. Perhaps a Korean or European doctor? That's what I did for my dentist, rather than continue going to the "recommended" Japanese clinic with equipment I hadn't seen since the early 1980s. I found an American-educated Korean dentist who didn't accept NHS and charged 10 times more but did dental work from this century. Even my dentist today stateside laughs his ass off at the metal filings I received in Osaka, always asking when I'm ready to pull those fucking things out and get real fillings. As he says: "The second a patient opens his mouth I can tell if he's from Japan because I haven't seen that sort of shitty metals used in over thirty years."

When it comes to your genitals, I wouldn't fuck around and trust Japanese medicine. Go get a foreign opinion, if possible. There must be somewhere in Tokyo with competent, non-Japanese people. It might cost more but it'll be worth it.

Well then, I'd say you at least got your money's worth!

But seriously, this is why I don't trust Japan's healthcare system, hospitals or doctors for jack shit. It is a flawed, ass-backwards system and the only upside is it's socialized and cheap. This is the same healthcare system that royally fucked my stomach up for four years until I finally left and went back to a real doctor stateside. I came in with acute peptic ulcer symptoms and was 1) refused a barium scan, 2) refused an endoscope, and every one of the next six or seven times I came back with even worse symptoms I got the same treatment--doctor touched my stomach, grunted about possible gastritis or perhaps minor ulcer, stuck me on an IV for an hour because I was supposedly dehydrated and then sent me home with the Japanese equivalent of Tums antacid tablets. It took a year and me having to finally scream at them to get H. Pylori antibiotics and acid blockers and by then it was far too late. I ended up using stupid shit hippy homeopathic remedies until I could get on a plane to go back home and go to a real hospital again for scans, xrays and proper treatment. When I told my doctors here about the "care" I received in Japan they didn't even believe me.

There are a good six or seven possible reasons why your balls may be aching, blue balls aside, and while I'm no doctor it certainly doesn't sound like a vein issue (varicocele) to me. Sorry I'm not able to recommend anyone, but I would seriously look for a non-Japanese doctor or clinic and get another opinion. Perhaps a Korean or European doctor? That's what I did for my dentist, rather than continue going to the "recommended" Japanese clinic with equipment I hadn't seen since the early 1980s. I found an American-educated Korean dentist who didn't accept NHS and charged 10 times more but did dental work from this century. Even my dentist today stateside laughs his ass off at the metal filings I received in Osaka, always asking when I'm ready to pull those fucking things out and get real fillings. As he says: "The second a patient opens his mouth I can tell if he's from Japan because I haven't seen that sort of shitty metals used in over thirty years."

When it comes to your genitals, I wouldn't fuck around and trust Japanese medicine. Go get a foreign opinion, if possible. There must be somewhere in Tokyo with competent, non-Japanese people. It might cost more but it'll be worth it.
This doesn't help the op's question. :(

So I have had testicle problems (aching pain, swelling) for going on 5 months now and yet to find a good ball doctor. I have been told it's probably varicocele and sent away with chinese medicine or in one case inexplicably given a prostate exam and didn't even examine my balls. Every time I was told surgery is only recommended to treat infertility cases. This is bullshit because I have seen some hospitals around Japan stating that they do surgery for pain as well.

Anyone have any good recommendations? Japanese or English speaking. Preferably not Saitama because I hate this place now. Thanks

Japanese doctors are a dime a dozen; so I don't have any specific recommendation.
If I have something that needs serious attention - I usually find someone at one of the three places below:

1) Tokyo University Medical & Dental Hospital (Ochanomizu)
2) Tokyo Midtown Clinic
3) St. Luke's International Hospital

I have a local Japanese doc & dentist I see in my neighborhood for basic stuff but I don't usually go them to something that needs more specific attention.

Reactions: Ken1988 and Joe2017
Welcome to the club! Don’t worry so much. Everything is easier than it seems and in good hospitals here they do this surgery few times every day. Japanese urologist surgeons are quite good because the population is old, so they have
lot of practice.
I had hydrocele surgery in Europe and besides of that I have to keep monitoring of my prostate because my PSA levels seem to play roulette,
For the last five years I have been at St. Luke's International Hospital, they have the most advanced image diagnosis and surgery robotics systems (Da Vinci). The urology department is really good (my doctors in Europe said that after reviewing all the procedures made here). They try to avoid surgery by doing many redundant checks and explain every single detail to the patient. Too much explanation for me because it wakes my hypochondriacal side up. :ROFLMAO: Many doctors and nurses speak English. However to ensure an accurate communication there is an Interpretation service to help, free of charge. You need to have a recommendation letter from your general doctor for the admission process or ask for a general medical checkup at Preventive Medicine Department and they will send you to the urologist.
http://hospital.luke.ac.jp/eng/index_sp.html
The only treatment for varicocele is surgery, it’s very simple and risk-free. The biggest risk is not doing it quickly. Usually they do it laparoscopically and you wouldn’t need hospitalization, or just one day letting the nurses touch your balls.
You can find more hospitals here:
https://expatsguide.jp/tag/urology/

Thanks all for the excellent inputs. St Lukes was recommended to me by my Dad who lived in Tokyo in the 70s but I wasn't sure if you could just roll up there. I got no problem with nurses touching my balls. More action than I get with the wife.

Try the link below. If there is no lump and it's mostly oedema it might be some kind of bacterial infection which may well clear up with antibiotics. Has there been any odour or discharge? One thing is for sure...if it's been bothering you a few months it needs treatment. When you see your Dr make sure you disclose your full sexual history for the last couple of years.

https://www.google.com/search?q=epi...d-xiaomi-rev1&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8

Try the link below. If there is no lump and it's mostly oedema it might be some kind of bacterial infection which may well clear up with antibiotics. Has there been any odour or discharge? One thing is for sure...if it's been bothering you a few months it needs treatment. When you see your Dr make sure you disclose your full sexual history for the last couple of years.

https://www.google.com/search?q=epi...d-xiaomi-rev1&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8

Well noted on that. It felt initially like the twisted tube thing which usually goes away after a couple of days but then here I am none the better. No odour/discharge but definitely need to get a proper diagnosis.