Gopro Equivalent Cheaper Version In Japan?

1sunsetguy

TAG Member
Reaction score
Hey all, any recommendations to purchase 4k action cam from Tokyo? Any stores or brands? I hear there are some real cheap ones available but don't have English menu. Looking for any electronics advice... i would love to buy a Go/Pro but not willing to spend 500USD. thanks y'all

... i would love to buy a Go/Pro but not willing to spend 500USD. thanks y'all

They don't accept USD in Japan so it looks like you will be going home with blue balls....

Hey all, any recommendations to purchase 4k action cam from Tokyo? Any stores or brands? I hear there are some real cheap ones available but don't have English menu. Looking for any electronics advice... i would love to buy a Go/Pro but not willing to spend 500USD. thanks y'all

I'm going shopping today looking for a 2nd cam to add my GoPro Hero4. I'll see what's available on the regular shelves.

...I'll see what's available on the regular shelves.

Hey Chris, thank you my friend! let me know what you found. I do have option to buy Yi Action Cam (Xiaomi) from Amazon if i don't get a good local deal in Tokyo.

If you were looking for 4K, I guess there aren't many options to choose from. Amazon may be your best bet price wise. I saw a bunch of 1080 cams from 20,000'yen or so and up...